USPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrokenSVT, Jan 7, 2021.

1. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT Member

I'm about to lose my MIND over that three ring circus of an establishment. I'm quite the accomplished Ebay seller/buyer, and historically hadn't had much of an issue with the Postal Service.

This past year however... They lost my wife's wedding dress weeks before our wedding. It never came. We weren't allowed to make a claim on it. They've lost a couple other packages, which EVENTUALLY arrived. But the icing on the cake...

My ESEE Izula II is STILL en route for the NINTH day now. From across the same state. Un-freaking-believeable.

Anyone else feel like ranting about the USPS?

2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

They are slower to get here but so far everything has arrived. In some respects Us to me is easier than US to US as they simply get it into a International Mail Hub, stuff it in the box marked "Australia" and fly it over (this is where the delays to here are, with so few commercial flights they have to rely on dedicated freight flights and there are many many less of those as well). Once through Customs (one day if there is nothing requiring permits or fees) it's over to Aus Post who are slower than usual but still pretty good.

BrokenSVT and Strigidae like this.
  3. Black5

Black5 Member

I've still got a package out that was shipped December 21. Tracking stopped in DC on the 27th.

BrokenSVT likes this.
  4. Black5

Black5 Member

I should mention another package, from the same guy shipped December 24th, and arrived December 30th.

BrokenSVT likes this.
  5. The Warrior

The Warrior Member

For those that may need a visual aid:

[​IMG]

Drew RedBear, CCMI, rcems2000 and 7 others like this.
  6. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT Member

^That's pretty much perfect!

The Warrior likes this.
  7. KMCMICHAEL

KMCMICHAEL Member

I sent two bbls to have the ends threaded to Washington state. It I took 13 days for the package to leave my town to the next one 3 miles away.
    Ironically the lady at the post office asked me what they were. I said metal tubes I needed threading. She replied how much of a thread. When I replied a half inch, she replied, surely I could find a machine shop in the area without sending it across country and added usually something like that was for a suppressor. I did not affirm, but asked her background. She had taken machine shop in school and had inherited a lathe. The only 6 foot blind postal worker machinist in existence was questioning me on my package.

8. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

My problems are with FedEx. They have consistently proved themselves to be useless.

CCMI and BrokenSVT like this.
  9. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT Member

I'd love to meet you somewhere in the middle on these things. FedEx has been amazing around here.

According to tracking, my Izula II is sitting in my mailbox waiting for me right now. I'll head up the road to check in a few, then post pics. Hopefully my kydex sheath came for it too.

10. Mtnfolk Mike

Mtnfolk Mike Member

Yeah. It’s a total crap show. I ordered some old silver coins off of EBay on 12/16/20... Still nothing. No updates or anything...

11. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT Member

It's here!
    PXL_20210108_220701697.jpg

Bluelew, ASH and Strigidae like this.
  12. C99c

C99c Member

USPS: We used to have a great local Post Office. Great service, great people, everything.

On top of all the extra craziness last year brought with shipping times we also got an entire new crew at the PO. They're really bad at their jobs. To the point where I've almost quit ordering anything online if I can help it because they'll either lose it, steal it or it'll require multiple trips in before they actually look for it and find it. Which is wonderful because the hours are 7-2 with an hour closed for lunch and 7-10 on Saturday.

FedX: in early fall of last year I ordered some tools from Brownells. Two months later they delivered them. Back to Brownells. After the package set less than an hour from me twice, the first time for three weeks and the second for two. Their reason for me not getting it? They said I didn't come and pick it up. Which I didn't, because it was to be shipped to my home, a fact that they readily admitted when I was finally able to speak to someone. They did send me a note asking if I was going to pick it up from one of their locations, mailed after tracking showed it was headed back out west. I got the note two months after the fiasco.

And Brownells didn't give a crap that the company they contracted to provide a service failed to provide the service, and actually cost me money. I'll never purchase from them again.

UPS: the last item I ordered was supposed to ship UPS. They delivered....to FedX, who actually managed to get it here.

The positive side of all of it is that when I go to order stuff now I always take a minute to decide if it's worth the trouble and frustration. That has saved me a significant amount of money in the last few months.

BrokenSVT likes this.
  13. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT Member

That's a shame to hear. Our USPS similarly restaffed during COVID, for the worse.

I too think VERY deliberately before ordering anything, and am almost always willing to spend a couple of extra dollars to avoid USPS delivery.

C99c likes this.
  14. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

I had a blade go mia in june from el paso to detroit on its way to me . That was the first stop on its way from texas to BC. No updates nothing for over 2 months and a nightmare claim filed that led no where. All of a sudden it just started moving again after about 70 days.. finally got it 3 months later for a service paid for that should take 2 weeks with customs max.

IW17 and DiscoveryLover like this.
  15. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I can’t say that I have had any issues with any of them.

16. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Well on that note.. just checked tracking on a package sent from indianna on monday and its already on its way to canada.. pretty good updates daily too at every facility its stopped at.

17. Kylemeister

Kylemeister Member

Got a package that went to the post office in Los Angeles the week of Christmas. It still hasn't left that facility. Given the option, I will always pay for FedEx or UPS over USPS.

18. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

At least for us up north usps hands the package to canada post after customs for delivery. They have our community mailbox keys etc.. where as ups just throws it on the front step and runs away. Updates the delivered status when they get around to it later in the day to boot.

19. C99c

C99c Member

Our local PO has gotten so bad at "losing" stuff that I've started doing the same. Unfortunately UPS, Amazon and FedX all have some sort of deal with ours, and I assume other POs, where they still end up dropping stuff off there instead of delivering it themselves. It's pretty much random what they actually deliver and what they don't. Identical size packages with identical order instructions; one gets set at my door the other gets dropped at the PO.

With a recent purchase from First Lite I specified the UPS option and was delivered by FedX. It was on time and I didn't lose any money but I made a note that in the future if I order from them to make sure to tell them that if they can't ship via the option I choose then I'd like to be notified before hand.

I understand the extended delivery times give the current situation and I know things will sometimes get lost or stolen. It's the poor customer service when dealing with issues that irritates me.

At the end of the day, as I mentioned above, its actually saving me money because I'm ordering less stuff (and I wasn't a big online shopper before) and there are plenty of people dealing with way worse issues.

20. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I've rarely had an issue when ordering from Amazon unless they send it ups, then it's late or marked delivered when it wasn't then delivered two days after that. I find when I order off of ebay, it's always late, and not by a day or two but days or even weeks. As for regular mail like my patches or dog tags I ordered, they were on time.