Flashlights and only Flashlights!

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. DSD

DSD Member

@dhunley1 if gary have no interest on it,i just might....pm me after @GaryMc give you an answer.

GaryMc likes this.
  2. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@dhunley1 Go ahead & PM @DSD, I've spent way too much this month already & have a big ticket item coming tomorrow.

dhunley1 and DSD like this.
  3. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Not a problem!

DSD and GaryMc like this.
  4. Joelski

Joelski Member

[​IMG]

Zeek and GaryMc like this.
  5. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

Same as many days! Love this Lenslight.
    [​IMG]

Bushman5 and Benson X like this.
  6. Michael W.

Michael W. Member

Please tell me more about that Swiss Army knife. I have never seen one as awesome as that before.

GaryMc likes this.
  7. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@Michael W. It is a Victorinox Spartan called "Lion of Lucerne" but I love the story behind the Lion of Lucerne and what this commemorates, from Wikipedia:

The Lion Monument (German: Löwendenkmal), or the Lion of Lucerne, is a rock relief in Lucerne, Switzerland designed by Bertel Thorvaldsen and hewn in 1820–21 by Lukas Ahorn. It commemorates the Swiss Guards who were massacred in 1792 during the French Revolution, when revolutionaries stormed the Tuileries Palace in Paris.

Mark Twain praised the sculpture of a mortally-wounded lion as "the most mournful and moving piece of stone in the world."

Benson X and Michael W. like this.
  8. Nether

Nether Member

Last flashlight order arrived last Friday...... Thrunite T10T. Really nice Titanium AA flashlight. In NW LED. Comes in a nice metal container and even includes an extra tail switch/clicky. Makes me wonder how cheap it must be lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zeek, The Warrior and GaryMc like this.
  9. Ibisman56

Ibisman56 Member

A Fall day carry.
    [​IMG]

Kaw-liga, Zeek, dhunley1 and 3 others like this.
  10. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

Same one I carry most days lately, hard to get this one out of my pocket.

[​IMG]

dhunley1 likes this.
  11. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

12. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

Same old same old, rarely leaves my pocket most days.
    [​IMG]

13. Espetar

Espetar Member

I know this is the "Flashlights and only Flashlights!" thread, but since you guys keep posting knives, I'm genuinely wondering why it appears that you guys are often carrying two knives...?

Or is that just for photo purposes?

GaryMc likes this.
  14. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@Espetar I always carry 2 knives and have for years, a large folder and a SAK most days on me, the Boker Camp knife is pretty much the same as a Victorinox Spartan SAK so it's a very good alternative. The SAK gets the most use by far as essentially a multi tool and on weekends sometimes I'll carry a Leatherman WAVE or Charge Ti in place of the SAK. I keep either a WAVE or Charge Ti with me always as well but usually in my daily EDC bag so I've usually actually got 3-4 knives with me most of the time with the 4th being a small fixed blade in an EDC bag. Sunday mornings going to Church is the only time I may carry only one knife and it's a SAK. My favorite SAKs are either an ALOX Harvester or a custom titanium one I bought, both with a pruning blade which to me is the handiest little utility blade I know of.

Reason goes back to a childhood spent in the Boy Scouts and the motto "Be Prepared", took it to heart and lived by that motto for 44 years now. Hope that helps answer your question and why.

15. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

I carry a big knife and a SAK with me at all times. This pretty much covers all of my cutting needs from hard stuff to food!

dhunley1 and GaryMc like this.
  16. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

I like to carry a more robust folder with with a better steel for "tough" chores and a SAK for just about everything else. The Cadet disappears in those "useless" little jean pockets so I don't see a reason to not carry it. During the warm months, I tend to only carry one knife, a lot of the time.

GaryMc likes this.
  17. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Swapped out the MDX 16.5 head on my Malkoff MD2 for a 22.3 head. The bigger opening makes for a better beam, IMO. Makes the lens more susceptible to damage, but this thing is still a tank, so I can't imagine it being a problem. Still using the M361N drop-in and a high/low ring. Love this thing.

[​IMG]

Zeek, Ibisman56 and GaryMc like this.
  18. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Did a little tint comparison for Wolfman Zach, and figured I would share here as well. All done with Malkoff M series drop-ins.

M61NL (neutral white 4000K 80 CRI) on the left, M61LL Nichia 219B V2 (neutral white 4000K 93 CRI) in the center, and M61LL (cool white 6200K) on the right.

Most people are used to cool white tints, which still light stuff up, but after trying neutral white and high CRI, it's hard to go back to using lights with cool white tints. Cool white looks very blue when you compare it to neutral white.

[​IMG]

Zeek and GaryMc like this.
  19. Espetar

Espetar Member

Thanks for the answers @GaryMc, @91bravo, and @dhunley1. Sitting at a desk most of every day never afforded me a reason to carry something bigger than the knife in my pocket.

Now, in my truck is a different matter...

dhunley1 likes this.
  20. GaryMc

GaryMc Member