WTB M101A2 surplus trailer

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by Backwoods Runner, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Just putting this out there if anyone has one or knows of one for sale, I'm in the Texas panhandle but am willing to travel for the right one, especially if I can make a road trip out of it. Here is what they look like, it doesn't need to have the cover and frame but that sure would be sweet if it did! 2194056_3082_159_0001.jpg

Adventurer likes this.
  2. Jim

Jim Member

GovPlanet can be searched by state. The yard in Yermo California had a ton of vehicles and trailers when I drove by yesterday. You can search their site by state: https://www.ironplanet.com/Government+Surplus/United+States

Craigslist in some Texas areas
    Austin might be good https://austin.craigslist.org/tro/d/austin-military-cargo-trailer/7172233623.html

https://austin.craigslist.org/tro/d/del-valle-heavy-duty-army-trailer-best/7165598898.html
    https://dallas.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=army trailer&sort=rel

They are big and heavy so more suitable for a full sized pickup than a Jeep or small SUV

Backwoods Runner and Strigidae like this.
  3. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Thanks! I check the surplus sites regularly, California always has the cool and cheap stuff! They have alot of the m1101 trailers up right now but those frames are aluminum and still heavier than the m101 series, if I found one local for the right price I'd probably grab it but the steel m101a2s I can weld on easily and takes chevy 8 lug rims. They are definitely on the heavy side, longer term I plan to have a 3/4 or 1 ton truck and have done a fair bit of research specific to towing these. Plenty of jeeps pulling them and in general I have a fair bit higher towing capacity than most of the jeeps, my xterra is rated at 5k.

BlueDogScout likes this.
  4. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Find a Jeep trailer or an old Ben hur similar designs, can do the bows, they are smaller but lighter. When reenacting I had an M101 nice trailers. I hand sewed a canvas top for it to be right for wwii.

Chris Talley likes this.
  5. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

Backwoods Runner likes this.
  6. R Stowe

R Stowe Moderator Staff Member

That’s what I was gonna say. It’s well done and looks BA.

Backwoods Runner likes this.
  7. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Interesting! I'll have to shoot him a message, is it already built out as an overland rig?

8. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

I messaged @Dave Vanartsdalen and told him to check in here...

here is a description and a photo of what he has for sale. If Dave Built it or owns it, it will be done right and he will be able to tell you ANY issues it may have...I'd buy this myself if I weren't pinching pennies to send my son to Lineman school.

Up next for sale Very nice M416 trailer. No rust, was restored a few years back. Brand new axle, Jeep wheels and 33” tires. $2,500

117301458_1698273236995779_2826458067173862932_o.jpg