Tobacco Pipes and cigars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Strigidae, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Missouri Meerschaum Tom Sawyer with some Mac Baren Virginia ready rub, good easy smoking tobacco in a nice small bowl pipe perfect for a 10 minute smoke break. 20200319_111025.jpg

2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Those are great pipes for what you pay for em. NICE!

Backwoods Runner likes this.
  3. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Yup, I think I have a total of 5, two legends one with a bent stem on straight, country gentleman with a bent stem (probably my favorite all around pipe), this one and a MacArthur natural with the strait stem. Just picked up the MacArthur recently and it is actually probably my favorite to smoke, huge tobacco chamber, so I can load it all the way up once and smoke it all week and just let the tobacco flavors really come out. Plus is smokes extremely cool.

Josh and Strigidae like this.
  4. Strigidae

Nice!!! I like a long stem for that cooling reason. Think wizard long. :) hate tongue bite.

Backwoods Runner likes this.
  5. Strigidae

3C4D24FD-9899-4072-BC5A-84EB6F46969B.jpeg

Enjoy the little things.

Zeek, Josh and IW17 like this.
  6. Josh

Josh Member

I Have not smoked a pipe, of anything, in years. Being cooped up drove me too it!! LOL. It’s relaxing though. I am going to order my favorite ( well it was. Who knows if my tastes changed) tobacco. Balkin Siesini (sp?).

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Strigidae likes this.
  7. Frigin

Frigin Member

9160D87F-A23C-4452-B155-384120332423.jpeg
    beautiful night for a cigar by the pool. Every night is a weekend when you have no work! #covid19

BobbyRatTail, Josh and Strigidae like this.
  8. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

Now, this is a thread I can get into!

I love kicking back, counting my sticker millions, with a pipe at the end of a long day. Surprised so many of y'all are into it. But that's cool.

I've always wanted to try a corncob but have never gotten around to it. Like Strig, I don't use the super expensive kind. Too worried about them breaking and costing me more money. I'll just take a cheapo any old day. It allows for more money for the good stuff to go inside it, right?

Here's the one I've been using a lot lately. It's been holding up well:

iStock-610648922-1.jpg

Josh, BobbyRatTail, Strigidae and 3 others like this.
  9. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Hey that's a nice one! Doesn't look like too many sharp edges to cut your self on, plenty of stem so you dont get those pesky lip burns that give away your habit, and lots of residue left if your guy gets arrested and you need to make due with the dregs for a while... lol, nothing skeves me out more than heavy meth users, the opiate users just pass out. The meth heads stay up for 75 hours strait and do all sorts of weird stuff with eachother and leave the evidence of their activites everywhere....

10. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

This post is the poop in the ice cream of this thread. But you know, in a good way.

BobbyRatTail likes this.
  11. T-Bone

T-Bone Member

I got back into cigar smoking in the last 2 years and just picked up pipe smoking at the beginning of this year. I only have 2 pipes at the moment. I have a simple corn cob and a viking wood pipe with a meerschaum bowl. I do have my great great grandfather's Norwegian pipes but you couldn't pay me to smoke out of them lol.

When it comes to cigars I tend to go for the infused ones the most. I like the acids a lot. My favorite would be their Windy City flavor but they are hard to get as they only do limited runs. I'll usually do the Blondie or Kuba Kuba.

I'm the same with the loose tobacco, I usually go for the flavored stuff. I enjoy a nice cigar or pipe paired with a glass of Irish Whiskey. Nothing better than that.

20200417_143948.jpg 20200202_150633.jpg 20200613_192208.jpg

Bluelew, Zeek, Josh and 1 other person like this.
  12. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

What's your favorite Irish?

13. T-Bone

T-Bone Member

Well I'm not a very wealthy man so I can't afford the crazy expensive stuff. I really enjoyed a bottle of The Irishman 12 year old single malt from Walsh Distillery that was given to me as a gift. It had a wonderful vanilla smell with a peppery finish. I just opened a bottle of Knappogue Castle 12 year old Single Malt this evening and was extremely pleased with it. I also like Teeling Single Grain. When I feel like being cheap I like Tullamore Dew. I used to drink a lot of Jameson with my buddies but I don't really enjoy it that much anymore.

Zeek likes this.
  14. Josh

Josh Member

This Kung fu flu made me break out my pipes recently. My favorite tobacco is Balkan Sasirni. It’s expensive-sh at about $10 a 50gm tin. I did find it bulk and got it for less per Oz.

I am no “expert.” I think corn cob pipes are fantastic smokers. Just make sure you get a Missouri Meerschaum or other made in USA (if there are any others).

I just got a make your own pipe kit for my birthday form man crates. They are expensive. It did come with all the “tools.” You can get a block of briar burl And stem for a lot less. The tools are nothing special. I haven’t carved it yet.

happy smoking.

15. The Warrior

The Warrior Member

Corn cob pipes are awesome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Josh

Josh Member

you can use an old soda or beer can too if you low on loose change. I find them in the trash all the time. Turn it on it’s side, mush the “top” side flattish. Poke some holes in it to hold your smokables of choice and puff away. If you lucky there maybe a little soda or beer left in the can you repurpose. It cools the smoke a bit and is refreshing treat when you get dry mouth.

just be careful you don’t select a can that was repurposed as a spittoon.... well unless it was cherry flavored Skoal. (I just made myself puke).

17. Josh

Josh Member

I got a briar blank/kit for my birthday. I never carved a pipe before. I am happy with it overall. The chamber, draught hole, shank and mortise were not drilled in alinement. I may do another. It’s a bit heavy to clench but I wanted a cool smoking pipe with lots of mass.

Attached Files:

Bluelew, T-Bone, IW17 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Strigidae

Looks good!

Josh likes this.
  19. Josh

Josh Member

Thank you!

Strigidae likes this.
  20. Zeek

Zeek Member