What are you guys drinking tonight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cosmophonic12, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

ETA Six Hours? No Problem. I'm Sure Your Hamptons Party Is Totally Worth The Drive, DIPA brewed and canned by Evil Twin Brewing in North Haven, CT. Pineapple and grapefruit on the nose with a hint of fresh bread. Very tropical, guava, papaya, mango, pineapple, blood orange, hell I don't know the flavor just keeps moving. A hint of that pithy dry bitter but balanced with a touch of sweet. Very good stuff, I will buy more.
    IMG_3232.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  2. Rich275

Rich275 Member

Local company that only provides this particular brew to restaurants for on-tap sales. This is the first time they've canned and sold it to the public, as part of a fundraiser for out of work restaurant workers.
    [​IMG]

Strigidae and Jtallen83 like this.
  3. JV3

JV3 Member

just cracked open a fresh bottle of bulleit...on that note, is it just me or air ruins the taste and smell of whisky?

i think i can tell a difference between a half full bottle that's been on the counter for a week or more vs. a freshly opened one...the freshly opened one smells better and i swear it tastes a lot sweeter...maybe once i open a big bottle i'll transfer it into multiple smaller ones to minimize the air exposure.

4. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Apple Crumb Cake from Decadent Ales, brewed and canned by Dorchester Brewing Co. Boston Mass. Has a green apple aroma, you can smell the sour. Flavor is not near as sour as the aroma would indicate. Crumb cake isn't what I get, I get a dead ringer for Mom's sour cream apple pie, lots of cream with a little bit of apple. Hints of spice like cinnamon and nutmeg with just enough sweet to balance the sour apple flavor. Not a crusher for a hot afternoon but a great desert beer!
    IMG_3292.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Not supposed to drink cause of meds but screw it. Feeling good now. 20200617_234032.jpg

Jtallen83, BobbyRatTail and Strigidae like this.
  6. JV3

JV3 Member

i'm starting to get used to working from home...as soon as i'm done with work i go straight to happy hour :D

[​IMG]

7. TerryD

TerryD Member

Sipping on some Old Camp whiskey. Picked up a spare bottle this evening. Good thing too, it was the last one on the shelf! Va ABC has it on sale this month! Along with my "inexpensive" Appleton's "Signature" rum so I grabbed a bottle of that as well.

Developed a taste for Appleton's on our honeymoon in Jamaica. Been trying to keep some around ever since.

Drew RedBear and BobbyRatTail like this.
  8. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

asmr frisson 001 Sour ale brewed with wild blueberry rolled oats and milk sugar, Brewed and canned for Stillwater Artisanal by Dorechester Brewing of Boston, Mass. and Distributed by 12%. Has a mild sour fruit aroma. Has a good blast of fizzy sour up front then transitions to a milder blueberry tart crossed with a blueberry shake. Very light and fizzy. Maybe these sours are starting to grow on me, super refreshing, crisp and clean in the mouth. If you like wild blueberry then get some, it won't disappoint.
    IMG_3306.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  9. TerryD

TerryD Member

Had a couple Silver Bullet tall boys earlier building drawers for the Xterra. Now I'm drinking some Hazy Little Thing and burning the wood scraps.

20200620_184731.jpg

Bluelew, Drew RedBear, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  10. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Neon Daydream Hazy Ale from Deschutes Brewery in Bend Oregon. Has that hoppy citrus aroma with a hint of malt. Has a citrus flavor with a mild pithy dry. Very light, not sweet but not bitter, a crusher for a hot summer day.
    IMG_3309.jpg

Strigidae and TerryD like this.
  11. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Fathers day so I treated myself to two today, Tickling The Ivories IPA brewed and canned for Hoof Hearted Brewing by Great South Bay Brewery in Bay Shore NY. It has a tropical fruit and melon aroma, just a hint of breadiness. First flavor up reminded me of ripe cantaloupe, goes to a mild pithy bitter but balanced very well with a touch of citrus sweet. Finishes with a mild pine and fresh floral note. Real creamy smooth, rich but not super heavy. A very well done FRESH tasting IPA!

IMG_3312.jpg

Strigidae and TerryD like this.
  12. TerryD

TerryD Member

Modelo Especial with lime cause we're having tater tot nachos!!

Jtallen83 likes this.
  13. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Fathers day treats 20200621_221627.jpg

Jtallen83, TerryD and Strigidae like this.
  14. IW17

IW17 Member

Miller lite...

IMG_20200628_012310.jpg

15. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Chill Hop DIPA from Exile Brewing in Des Moines, Iowa. Has a hint of pine, juicy fruit gum, and fresh cut grass aromas. WOW, unusual but so tasty, deep flavors. Some ripe melon sweet and mild pine up front. Hints of juicy fruit gum in the middle with a piney dank finish. Very well balanced between sweet and bitter, creamy goodness!
    IMG_3334.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  16. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

WOWZA! Lo-Cal Hazy IPA from Deschutes Brewery in Bend Oregon. I was not paying attention, thought it said local not lo-cal. Has that nice citrus lemony hop aroma. Has a watered down citrus hop flavor, just what I would expect from a low calorie beer. Hopefully my error will keep someone else from making the same mistake, not disgusting but not good.
    IMG_3344.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  17. heyBJK

heyBJK Member

18. TerryD

TerryD Member

plowed through 3 Dale's Pale Ales with supper. It's not the BEST pale ale out there, but it's my go to beach beer and I'm trying to get in the beach state of mind for vacation next month!

Sun bathing and Dale's!

Jtallen83 and Drew RedBear like this.
  19. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Member

Jack Daniel’s Rye, straight up.

20. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

The other half.... 20200730_020038.jpg

TerryD, Jtallen83 and Strigidae like this.