recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

If only you had been driving a nissan you would have never gotten stuck! In all seriousness though I think I remember your posts about that incident, hadn't you just had hernia surgery or something? Might have been another guy, either way, crazy Austrians!

I know it won't be quick but it will be cheaper than an off road recovery service, and it keeps me honest knowing that I'm pretty prepared to get my self out but if I do have to I'm literally gonna have to sweat for every inch I need to move it. Also it is alot cheaper and arguably more versatile than a winch and mounting set up, I have my 48in hi lift with the top "finger", 30 foot static strap 20 feet of 3/8 chain, a few smaller sections of chain, 80 feet of dynema winch rope (it was used and free, I know the risks involved if I do decide to use it in a recovery) and lastly an assortment of shackles and clevis hooks and other bits of hardware. I have maybe 250 dollars into this set of tools and can use it in everything from vehicle recovery to tree falling and home improvement applications.

Also I like supporting Hi lift as a company, I can't think of another company that is based entirely around such an inherently dangerous tool in the hands of inexperienced people in today's lawyer filled society. I mean raising 7000 pounds 4 feet in the air with 70 pounds of cast steel designed 100 something years ago, heck yeah!!!

Frigin and C99c like this.
  2. C99c

C99c Member

I like that HiLift created such a useful tool and has made almost no changes to it, hasn't tried to "baby proof it".
    Everytime I see someone post or hear someone say that a HiLift is unsafe I think: do you drive a car, because that's way more dangerous. Don't put your head between the handle and jack = don't put your head under the tire of your car.

I think people who are scared of HiLifts also have others sharpen their knives, raise their kids and pleasure their wives.

Backwoods Runner likes this.
  3. JV3

JV3 Member

more x300s...couldn't help it the price was too good to pass up...come to think of it now i have to buy two more guns to put these on so i don't think i saved money. d'oh!

[​IMG]

4. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

All true! Honestly I think the crappy scissor jacks that come with nearly every vehicle from the factory are far more dangerous and potentially damaging to a vehicle if you dont understand what is going on. I cant believe how many people I see that get their vehicle up on a scissor jack (usually on some sort of unstable or uneven ground) and then decide to start jumping on the lug nut wrench to try to break free corroded lug nuts that haven't moved in two years... break the nuts and then jack it up! After putting the e brake on and chocking it up! Even a compact car will easily crush you never mind your hands and feet...

C99c likes this.
  5. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

Did you get 300u-A or 300u-B?

6. JV3

JV3 Member

300u-b...i like the piece of mind of having that thumbscrew for some reason.

7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

....... if I was driving a Nissan it would still be there ;) :D and yep....two weeks post an appendectomy and a hernia they discovered on the way in to remove the appendix !! I didn't take my dirt bike on that trip as I wanted to avoid any heavy lifting if I dropped it etc. It was a long afternoon as the next nearest human was around 40km away and there is NO phone reception out there (or for the surrounding 100km) !!

..... this..... they are a tool (like a chainsaw) that requires some thought and knowledge to use but which do what they do well. Somethings can't be idiot proofed.

8. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

2019 F-250 Lariat. 6.7L diesel.

09357580-34A0-40C9-A86C-908040B84B12.jpeg A046794C-58B2-4532-B1DC-BABBDF582D7E.jpeg 6FC87617-441B-44F8-AAF1-0D3D285CB3E7.jpeg

Strigidae, C99c, IW17 and 7 others like this.
  9. Frigin

Frigin Member

image.jpg AirPods Pro with noise cancellation all I have to say is they work great!!!

10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

ManOfSteel likes this.
  11. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

thank you sir! I love it

12. Frigin

Frigin Member

@ManOfSteel thats a sick truck. She white with black looks really good.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    ManOfSteel likes this.
  13. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Check out FORScan and thank me later.

C99c and ManOfSteel like this.
  14. IW17

IW17 Member

C99c, ManOfSteel and TerryD like this.
  15. TerryD

TerryD Member

That's where I was. A 1/2t would do 90% of what I need but that other 10% needs the bigger brakes and heavier springs. Plus they didn't make a crew cab 1/2t in the body style I was looking for.

C99c likes this.
  16. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

someone bought it for a construction company (boss’s truck) and the guy realized he wanted a 350 Platinum dually after 8k miles. The owner of the dealership liked it so much he drove it around for 1500 miles. Then I saw it and had to have it. So 9500 miles total, used but definitely the newest truck I’ve ever had.. and $20k below original cost.

Delkancott, C99c, IW17 and 1 other person like this.
  17. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I hooked up the laptop to my F150 the other day and used Forscan to enable the trailer brake controller I installed.

Also turned off the seatbelt chime for driver and passenger, don’t have that annoying me anymore when driving pastures and no seatbelt.

Think I’ll hook up today and enable fog lights with high beams and also turn off the chime when you open the door while the engine is running.

C99c, IW17 and ManOfSteel like this.
  18. IW17

IW17 Member

19. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Four nights at Orange Beach this summer.

Was an impulse buy.

Gonna be great.

BobbyRatTail and Strigidae like this.
  20. TerryD

TerryD Member

Been fighting the urge for a while now but I just broke down and ordered a 3D 6 and Izula in desert tan from SMKW.

No clue why I wanted them, I just did...

Hopefully they'll be here by the weekend and I can torture them a little.

Frigin and BobbyRatTail like this.