What are you guys drinking tonight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cosmophonic12, Sep 8, 2016.

1. TerryD

TerryD Member

Found Appleton's Rum when the wife and I were on our honeymoon in Jamaica a few years ago and have been a fan ever since but you usually only find their nicer things in the local liquor stores.

Today I found some of their cheaper stuff ($19/750mL) and it was even on sale so I grabbed a bottle to try. It's pretty good! You can tell a difference between it and the $50/750 stuff no doubt but it's ok for sipping having just opened it (I usually oxidize my rum for a week or so) and it would mix with a coke excellent if that's your thing.

2. timdgsr

timdgsr Member

What knife is this? Looks cool

BobbyRatTail likes this.
  3. BobbyRatTail

BobbyRatTail Member

Thanks, brother! Spyderco Subvert

timdgsr likes this.
  4. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

5. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Accept DDH Pale Ale Brewed and canned for Stillwater Artisanal by Great South Bay Brewery in Bay Shore NY. Distributed by 12%. Nice tropical fruit aroma with a hint of fresh bread. Flavor is FRESH tropical fruit, mango, papaya, guava, touch of lime, some grapefruit and pineapple. Has some of that pithy dry at the end but balanced well with some malty sweetness so it ends real crisp and clean.
    IMG_3171.jpg

BobbyRatTail and Strigidae like this.
  6. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Strobe Light DDHIPA Brewed and canned for Stillwater Artisanal by Dorechester Brewing of Boston, Mass. and Distributed by 12%. A little lemon and grapefruit aroma, just a hint of bread. Nice slightly dry and pithy citrus flavors, grapefruit and a sweeter lemon. Just a hint of that green grass and floral note at the finish, tart not sour and on the dry side.
    IMG_3175.jpg

Strigidae and ManOfSteel like this.
  7. BobbyRatTail

BobbyRatTail Member

"Meat Breath" Indica / Sativa Hybrid with pineapple Mt Dew 20200509_175556.jpg 20200509_175728.jpg 20200509_175814.jpg

Strigidae and Jtallen83 like this.
  8. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Finally got a proper shelf.

A850489D-01A5-4ABF-A226-69481B0BEC44.jpeg

T-Bone, JV3, IW17 and 5 others like this.
  9. C99c

C99c Member

Just tried some of the Chattanooga Whiskey 111 proof I picked up today. Not bad.

10. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Mainstream Pop Song DIPA , brewed and canned for Stillwater Artisanal by Dorechester Brewing of Boston, Mass. and Distributed by 12%. Bananas and bubblegum hit my nose. Before a flavor note hits you notice how thick and creamy the beer is. Has some malty banana and juicy fruit gum up front. Sweetness goes to a dryer bitter with a floral note, touch of pine, leaves how it arrives only a dry bubblegum and banana. Good beer, very fresh tasting. These guys are starting to impress me, I will buy more.
    IMG_3179.jpg

11. TerryD

TerryD Member

A little Appleton's rum to wash down the drywall dust.

ManOfSteel and BobbyRatTail like this.
  12. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

13. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Log Out DIPA quadruple dry hopped brewed and canned for Stillwater Artisanal by Great South Bay Brewery in Bay Shore NY. Distributed by 12%. Some malt and citrus aromas. Upfront you get a mellow fresh melon and some ripe mango papaya flavors. Hints of sour, like a ripe fresh lemon or lime balanced with a sweet creaminess, reminds me of a milkshake. Another very good beer from these guys, super beers at a reasonable cost, getting more for sure!
    IMG_3185.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  14. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Nugmo IPA from Toppling Goliath in Decorah Iowa. Aroma is all orange. Taste starts with a mild pineapple juice bend then goes to a ripe citrus, mandarin orange flavor. It finishes with a slightly dry and mildly pithy bitter. A sip seems to turn into a gulp without even a thought………
    IMG_3196.jpg

BobbyRatTail and Strigidae like this.
  15. KnOeFz

KnOeFz Member

16. Frigin

Frigin Member

17. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Straight Bars IPA by Short Throw Brewing Co, distributed by 12%. Has a very faint tropical fruit aroma. Has pineapple, citrus, and melon flavors but super mild. Sweet with very little hop bitter. Good, well maybe just ok, kind of weak. I won't bother with this one again but if you like a mellower IPA then give it a go.
    IMG_3206.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  18. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Cop and Go IPA by Short Throw Brewing Co. of North Haven Conn, distributed by 12%. Has a mild citrus aroma with a floral note. Has notes of lemon and grapefruit to start, touch of sweet juicy fruit gum in the middle, a grassy note with a dry pithy bitter at the finish. A good solid hazy IPA.
    IMG_3210.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  19. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Granny Smith's Delicious Gala Macintosh Apple Streusel sour IPA brewed and canned by Evil Twin Brewing in North Haven, CT. Smells like green apples and a hint of pastry. Flavor starts out with a sour tart but quickly goes to a sweeter apple tart. Hints of cinnamon and brown sugar balance the sour and sweet. I usually don't care for sours but this one I like.
    IMG_3214.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  20. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Mancuerda DIPA, from Nightmare Brewing, brewed and canned by Dorchester Brewing Boston Mass. For Nightmare Brewing and distributed by 12%. Has a sweet floral aroma with a hint of citrus. Sweet tea with lemon is the first thing I thought of when I took a sip. The sweetness keeps going, pink cotton candy and bubble gum, just when the sweetness starts to be too much it finishes with a mild and dry citrus pith bitter, still on the sweet side though. Real creamy and no hint of the 10% ABV.
    IMG_3217.jpg

Strigidae likes this.