recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

And the rims are ordered...

https://roh.com.au/wheels/blak-trak/

....two for the trailer to start with but another six for the Landcruiser when we come out the other end of this mess.

On my brief Govt mandated outing for essentials :) I stopped in at the Auto Parts place and grabbed a tub of bearing grease and a 8000kg rated hydraulic bottle jack. Been meaning to get one for ages as the crank bottle jack that is standard in my truck is a PITA it was marked down so the temptation was too much.

2. Frigin

Frigin Member

@C99c yeah one thing is for sure these bikes aren’t the same as the bikes we had a wile back! Dropped post is great. These 29 are freaking huge. I’m hoping to get on a trail this weekend. Can’t wait. Hope you have a blast with yours also. At least we have something to do now. I looked at the kid trailers just for something more to do and pull my 2&4 year old around on the rail trails but holly darn are the expensive. I can’t even find a used one on Craigslist for under $400

C99c likes this.
  3. Frigin

Frigin Member

I just tied to buy some rims on that link you put up for the jeep but it rejected me. Must be something wrong with them.......

C99c likes this.
  4. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

5. Andy the Aussie

......with the Jeep....sure are....where do I start.....:D

Frigin, C99c and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  6. JV3

JV3 Member

man, things just keep getting worse around here with no end in sight :( last time i was out of the house was 3 weeks ago! i decided it's time to go all out on one last supply run and get ready to hunker down until september :eek: out of all my guns, knives, etc. the last thing i expected was my mask and eye pro would be my main arsenal :(

[​IMG]

so...204 bottles of yuengling, 12.25 liters of bulleit bourbon, 5.25 liters of tito's vodka, and 3 liters of everclear (that's 95% alcohol by volume - this is the emergency stash like a syringe filled with adrenaline that's stabbed directly in the heart) later...if my calculations are correct i'm cutting it close but i should be good :D

[​IMG]

7. Kevo

Kevo Member

Ordered and Aeropress today. Should make for some good cups of coffee once it comes in.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  8. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Had to buy a sheeple friendly plate carrier today .. For some reason shopping at the W mart wearing a camo plate carrier and PPE appeared to make people nervous.. (The managers got complaints :) and told me)

Decided on a tan ish / Coyote Blackhawk vest with breakaway feature.

JV3 and Frigin like this.
  9. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

When it gets to the point I need a plate carrier to go to Walmart, I'll stay at home.

BigJake, Frigin, BobbyRatTail and 5 others like this.
  10. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

11. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Considering how many times I have seen people face down in cuffs at the Wall-Mark near your place, that is saying a lot.

12. JV3

JV3 Member

just buy a larger rain shell than what you normally wear and put it over...that's my plan anyway if it gets that bad.

OKcherokee and TerryD like this.
  13. Andy the Aussie

I have always been of the view that open/overt carry (and overt body armour) is not well reasoned. In the current circumstances this is more likely to get you targeted first. I would be sticking with concealable body armour and carry. Both should be a surprise to the wrongdoer.

BigJake, Kevin, Frigin and 3 others like this.
  14. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Member

In addition to the usual hunkering/bunkering supplies...

A few slingshots, ammo, and bands from Simple-Shot, Jack Koehler, and PocketPredator.

Steel breech, peep sight, and butt stock for my Crosman 1377C.

15. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Unfortunately we were almost at this point a few times the last year or 2.... There has been some simmering "issues", turf wars, etc.. locally to a point where people have even lost their lives.... I have been careful in the past to be low key and conceal as much as possible... IMO unfortunately and no matter how much to the point it even slightly scares me...
    We officially went into mandatory "stay at home" on Friday.. Hopefully this will help cool down some of the tension but until then im going for practical and safety. Even if that means i have to wear a plate carrier to keep same, full PPE etc. Still not going to be overt about a firearm carry but def going to be carrying...

Just hoping for cooler heads... Not on either of any of the issues.... Unfortunately we are one of those many family's stuck right in the middle.

Fortunately once all this virus stuff settles down we get to move FAR FAR FAR from all of this :)

16. Andy the Aussie

New tyres delivered to me front door yesterday (there when I got home), shop says the rims arrive today ! Just need the replacement trailer hubs to be in the post before Thursday !!!

TerryD, BobbyRatTail and Kevo like this.
  17. Kylemeister

Kylemeister Member

Finally decided to plunk down some bucks for one of my childhood faves.

[​IMG]

18. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

Audere Pro-Z Preamp and Nordstrand NPJ4SV pickups for my 2010 Fender American Deluxe. Gutting the electronics and going full active (18v) on that one.

La Bella nylon wrapped strings for my acoustic bass. Wow what a pleasant change of sound.

Strigidae likes this.
  19. Andy the Aussie

Tyres now on the rims (love the guys in my workshop) and I am sweating the arrival of the hubs so I can do the work over Easter. Post is extra slow just now thanks to some damn pandemic or something so I have a sinking feeling that they wont arrive before the PO shuts on Thursday afternoon (they are also working shorter hours). So Easter may be reloading not trailer work. Though I am thinking of doing an axle over change on the trailer so I could do that I guess.

20. rcems2000

rcems2000 Member

20200323_194407.jpg Taurus Judge public defender in fde 2 inch barrel. Wife wanted it for home protection.