recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Just ordered this 10 minutes ago.... Can't wait to get it. Of course it won't look the same when I'm done with it lol, but I love the color of the scales. Screenshot_20200324-123043_Chrome.jpg

TerryD and Strigidae like this.
  2. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

I sold my Kubota B2301 a little over a year ago. When we moved down to Texas from NC, we were renting while waiting for the right property to come up for sale. Since the tractor was just sitting at the rental property, we decided to sell it.

Now we're back into full time "farm" mode and my wife's starting up her horse training business, we decided it's time for another tractor.

Just signed the contract on this last night. It'll be 2 weeks or so for everything to get ordered since the dealer didn't have a lot of the implements we wanted in stock. The biggest thing that I'm excited about is the hydraulic auger. For anyone that's ever used a typical 3pt post hole digger, you know that they're usually a bigger pain than they're worth. The hydraulic model is quick attach to the loader arms and has reverse for when I get caught under a rock or a root.

upload_2020-3-25_10-34-53.png

IW17, OKcherokee and Delkancott like this.
  3. IW17

IW17 Member

Very nice. I'm not very educated on tractors, but will the hydraulic auger be able to swing? The only ones I've used are stationary off the back and it kinda sucks having to adjust constantly to get your angle correct.

Zeek and Bcamos like this.
  4. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Yeah it goes on the front end loader arms, so I'll be able to move the auger in the same directions as I would be able to move a bucket. Then there will be two switches on the loader joystick to spin the auger in forward and reverse.

[​IMG]

IW17 and Delkancott like this.
  5. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

I'd imagine one of the biggest advantages of having it on the loader is down pressure. Not all 3pt hitches have down pressure. That said, hydraulic pressure is also a good way to break ****. Let it dig, don't force it. The other downside I can imagine is that you can no longer use the loader when working with the auger and visibility is probably a bit limited. On a skid steer front visibility is great, but not so much on a tractor. Anyone, cool purchase. I'm always happy when someone gets a tractor.

C99c, IW17 and Bcamos like this.
  6. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Correct, the biggest advantage 100% is the ability to provide downpressure. I've been using my friend's tractor with his 3pt auger to dig a lot of holes, and it's been a giant pain in the ass. The good thing about hydraulics is the check valve. It will stop the hydraulic motor long before anything breaks. Also, with everything being quick connect, I'll be able to switch between the auger and bucket in a matter of minutes. It's as simple as latching the two SSQA levers and snapping in two quick connect hydraulic hoses, which is leaps and bounds better than the 45 minutes you need to hook up a 3pt auger lol.

IW17 and Delkancott like this.
  7. IW17

IW17 Member

That's sweet. Definitely a time saver.

8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

It only took a day to come in, but tkc is only two hours away also. Loving it with the new 3D scales. It'll look different tomorrow though lol. 20200325_202107.jpg

TerryD, Flex, Airheart and 2 others like this.
  9. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Bought some wash cloths for wiping my rear end when the tp runs out. I have a washer and it has hot water ill be fine.

Drew RedBear and Delkancott like this.
  10. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

That color combo is the best ever.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  11. IW17

IW17 Member

Agreed. It looks nice.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  12. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

New knife project. Trying to keep myself busy, although it's getting expensive lol. But it's my favorite thing to do so I'm good :D. Hope y'all are staying safe and healthy! 20200402_113044.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  13. JV3

JV3 Member

i can't go to the range either so i guess i'll just practice at home :D gears of war 1-5 should keep me busy while i wait for zelda breath of the wild 2 or the rumors swirling that nintendo will release several super mario this year (remakes and a brand new one) for mario's 35th anniversary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

As I will be stuck at home for 4 days over Easter I am getting some projects ready to fill the time.

1k large rifle primers to get on top of my 45/70 and .308 loading.

A set of new hubs and tyres for my trailer (rims will be next week) so I can match it to my Landcruiser (it was matched to the old one but in their wisdom Toyota changed from 6 stud to 5 stud rims a few years ago). Will do some spot spraying and cleaning on the trailer while I am at it !!!

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  15. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

She’s home!
    52E05B12-9BE8-454A-9AFF-3B9357278483.jpeg

F5CD7F97-6A64-4B47-9941-1A453A8329E3.jpeg

16. IW17

IW17 Member

Ok that's badass

Zeek, Bcamos and Strigidae like this.
  17. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't get to play with it because I'm finishing up work for the day, and of course it's pouring out.

IW17 and Zeek like this.
  18. Frigin

Frigin Member

A2D0E560-FC44-4B60-BE57-888FB3060B5B.jpeg Well my Krav and kickboxing classes are canceled until that apocalypse is over with so I needed some other way to get a full workout. So meet my new giant trance 29 3
    I have a few from what I’m told great single track tracks near my house so I can’t wait to hit them up!

Bozho, Strigidae, Delkancott and 4 others like this.
  19. C99c

C99c Member

Nice. I just picked up a Giant hardtail earlier this year. I'm loving the hydraulic brakes and dropper post; it's my first bike with either.

I got it as a general purpose/fun bike to ride with my wife and am trying to decide on a FS 29+ set up now for more technical riding once this mess is over with.

20. TerryD

TerryD Member

I recently picked up a RB3 and I'm loving it.

I also grabbed a set of MSR Groundhog tent stakes to use with my hammock setup. I've been making my own stakes when I'm out but ran into some difficulty in Colorado last year around one site we used so I thought I'd pick up a set of lightweight reusable ones to keep in my stuff sack with the tarp.

I also grabbed a 6'er of the @RedEyedHog seasoning to try out. I like a spicy/smokey flavor to my food. I'm currently trying to figure out what and how I'm going to try my first meal with it. I think something over charcoal or a full on fire will be best.