Coronavirus Concerns

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by Delkancott, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

I'm wondering why its okay for spring breakers to hang out in the thousands on Florida beaches....WTF

2. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

It’s the absolute most asinine thing besides toilet paper hoarding that I’ve seen during this mess!

The Marsh Gorilla and Flex like this.
  3. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I’ve been pretty busy the last month and haven’t really had a chance to comment on to much of this SO..

In MS at least people are going kinda crazy... I would say that in the local food type grocery stores over 1/2 of the food and drink is gone and they can’t seem to catch up. In the bigger Home/ Grocery stores like a Super W Mart they seem to be able to keep a larger inventory. From what I understand the smaller stores are truck to shelf daily stores. But at the larger stores they are able to keep extra in back and get ahead.

My family luckily is a little more prepared them most food wise due to how we normally store food. We buy multiple packs of fresh meat and frozen vegetables at a time and freeze them for later use. This has been really helpful in avoiding goosing to the stores esp.

Locally they have also closed all schools for the next 4 weeks... SO it’s homeschooling for us... All of the other stuff we have so far taken in stride... But I have a feeling that the homeschooling is going to take a toll on use mentally.. (Def never wanted to homeschool..)

I have a couple of family members with those “underlying medical conditions” so we are having to take extra precautions to not catch it...

Unfortunately I think we are reaching that point already locally that there is going to be a serious Have vs Have not’s type situation... I have already witnessed a couple of small “altercations” oven supplies and it does look like it’s going to get better in a hurry...

I have a feeling/ fear that it will soon be neccasery to swap to very obvious open carry to avoid people trying to cause us to much grief.. neccasery ? Probably not yet... but we will have to see...

4. jafo

jafo Member

We buy augason farms banana chips and freeze dried strawberries as snacks for our kids. Just want to amazon to look for some and amazon doubled the prices when they sell them, the resellers have quadrupled the price.

LDS store closed up online indefinitely also. No more dry milk for me. :(

Strigidae likes this.
  5. ASH

ASH Member

Everyone that I have run into while shopping have been polite and friendly here. I did hear of one person trying to buy up all of one type of tp. He apparently had a buggy overflowing with it. A lady said she wanted one of the packages but he wouldn't give it up. The store manager must have witnessed it because he took one from him and gave it to her. One of the veterinarians my gf works with had a fever today and went to be tested and one of the city employees also got tested today. There were two shootings here early on the 17th, probably just thugs doing what they do. Both victims were treated and released. I heard a couple houses were broken into yesterday.

JV3 likes this.
  6. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

Fighting over Toilet paper, Drive too slow, Don't move your car fast enough at a green light, folks treat each other like garbage over little stuff, amplify that some and what do people's personal interactions look like when their govt. checks don't show up on time or they can't get cigarettes. They're all primed to lose their minds.

Today, was the first day in this area, I felt mild panic in co workers over this Covid19 bug.

Eugene, Or. Today, Beautiful first day of spring, 63 degrees and sunny. Campus was pretty sparsely populated but many of the folks still there were out walking enjoying the day. Downtown was just dead.
    I stopped by many of the campus area restaurants to check which ones were still open for pick ups and was surprised approximately 2/3 rds were completely closed.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    JV3 likes this.
  7. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Unless these malaria drugs make a shift in how we're dealing with this, I'd say we best prepare for a very long shutdown. No matter what's being said, this is not going to be just a 2-week shutdown unless they come up with some drugs really fast.

The Marsh Gorilla, Flex, JV3 and 3 others like this.
  8. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

He was 55 years old with no other health issues.

9. ASH

ASH Member

A member on another forum says his overseas supplier is already sold out of the malaria drug. Hopefully the drugs are effective and can be supplied quickly.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  10. The Warrior

The Warrior Member

Looks like they're going to shut down Illinois starting tomorrow. Woo hoo...

Starting tomorrow evening at 5pm, until April 7th. Not sure why that amount of time is needed.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  11. Flex

That's probably won't be enough time.

I think this is going to last months, unless the whole U.S. locks down at the same time for about a month.

It will develop differently in each state I think....

12. Flex

Well, I finally lost it ...Was just in Walgreens.. Saw a man whose cart was FULL to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, toilet paper, everything that people need!! I called him a selfish *******, and gave him the low down about the elderly, moms, and people who need these types of things. Told him he should be ashamed of himself! He said: “Are you done?!! Cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now...”

:)

13. ASH

ASH Member

The county north of us has issued a shelter in place order effective midnight but they haven't actually published what that means yet.

14. Kevo

Kevo Member

Well, IL just got locked down. Day job is locking to doors so I guess I'll be practicing whittling for a while.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  15. Jeff Randall

A bunch of states are closing down. Get prepared guys if you haven't already. While supplies are out there.

16. The Warrior

The Warrior Member

@Flex , could be, just going by what they're saying now. It's not a total stay at home order. We can still leave to go to the store, pharmacy, or go outside for a walk. From what I understand, manufacturing work places are exempt from the order, which means I may be going back to work Monday. I hope so. The wife definitely does not return Monday, and may lose her job permanently.

17. The Warrior

The Warrior Member

Just found out from my boss that I still report to work Monday. Good deal.

18. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Stopped at Aldi grocery store and they had signs up at the register's saying they are not doing cash back. Asked the guy at the checkout about it and he said so many people are asking for cash back they would run out... I am thinking it is probably just a temporary issue our local store is experiencing...

19. Jeff Randall

I got cash out of the bank a couple days ago and the lady told me there had been a run on cash over the last few days

20. Odinborn

Odinborn Member

Everyday 2020 looks more and more like the 1920's. An unfamiliar illness is running rampant, the economy is tanking, and it's almost impossible to get alcohol.

We were told suddenly to leave work last night, and then we didn't go in today. I'm suppose to call them on Monday, but I imagine this is starting my quest through unemployment now, which I have never done before in my life.

Strigidae likes this.