What are you guys drinking tonight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cosmophonic12, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Public Servant Teacher Edition IPA brewed by Dorchester Brewing Boston Mass. For Evil Twin Brewing and distributed by 12%. Nice crisp citrus aroma with a hint of malt. Flavor is a tart pink grapefruit and a little sweet pineapple up front. There is some malty caramel notes but real subtle compared to the green, floral hop bitter that dominates the finish and keeps going. This beer has some texture going on in the mouth, starts real light gets a little oily creaminess then ends with a solid pithy dry. A good beer.
    IMG_2891.jpg

KnOeFz and Strigidae like this.
  2. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Crucifixion-Third Servile War DIPA with sacramental bread and some hops I never heard of. Brewed by Dorchester Brewing Boston Mass. For Nightmare Brewing and distributed by 12%. Has that hoppy citrus aroma, pretty crisp and fresh. Starts out with a taste of tropical fruits and some sweet malt but rapidly has a hop explosion! Has lots of citrus and pineapple with some alcohol heat up front then transitions to a floral spicy hop thing, hints of pine underneath with that fresh green grass note, leaves a long term dry bitter on the pallet. As it warms it gets sweeter, less bitter, more floral. A moving target of flavor!
    IMG_2909.jpg

ManOfSteel likes this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I wasn't expecting much but damn this was good! Tasted kinda like a yoo hoo lol. 20200129_202303.jpg

Strigidae and Jtallen83 like this.
  4. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Dubl Stuft Imperial Stout from The Brewing Project of Eau Claire WI. compliments of my Wisconsin Brother. Seems odd and may be a subliminal thing but it smells like Oreo cookies. I get some chocolate cake flavor and that distinct Oreo filling flavor, touch of vanilla. You start to get some of those dried fruit flavors as it warms but the creamy sweet oreo filling flavor dominates all the way. Very little indication of the over 10% ABV. Very tasty beer, a desert beer if I ever drank one, thank you for another fantastic flavor experience Brother!
    IMG_2958 (1).jpg

anrkst6973 and Strigidae like this.
  5. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Peanut Butter Chocolate Milk Stout from Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka CA. Lots of peanut butter aroma and not much else. Flavor is the same, a roasty peanut butter and not much else. It tastes good but is pretty one note and a little watery weak. Not a bad beer but nothing I will buy again.
    IMG_2979.jpg

6. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Bulleit Manhattan straight up. Too good with dinner.

0B77C33C-3F16-4CD7-86AE-8A6D471D5021.jpeg

Strigidae, Jtallen83, IW17 and 2 others like this.
  7. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Bro Beer Session IPA with Galaxy hops by Abomination Brewing Co, brewed and canned by Twelve Percent in Stratford Conn. Puts up a big white fluffy head with some citrus and bready notes on the nose. Taste starts with a mild citrus pith bitter, just a touch of sweet from the malt. It has some of those tropical fruit flavors in the middle but end s with the same mild pithy bitter. It is crushable for sure!
    IMG_2993.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  8. Bozho

Bozho Member

9. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Sun Reaper DIPA by Toppling Goliath Brewing of Dechora Iowa. I can't smell much with just getting over a cold but the citrus and pineapple aroma still got through. Maybe it's because I have not had a beer in almost a week but this schit is ambrosia! I would say a pineapple and citrus flavor to start but the flavor keeps changing, mango, passion fruit, almost any tropical fruit I am familiar with is here. It goes to a light piney dank at the finish but without much bitter. There is also a spicy hint throughout, like a hint of green sage. The mouth feel is soft, creamy, and a little oily. This is a top notch beer, gotta call the wife and tell her to pick more up before they are out!
    IMG_3020.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  10. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Urayuli dry hopped pale ale from Abomination Brewing Co, brewed and canned by Twelve Percent in Stratford Conn. Has a light citrus aroma with a crackery, bready note. Has a tart pithy citrus taste with hints of malt in the background. There is some pineapple flavor but not sweet, a dryness but not overly bitter. Feels watery, not much body, a good one to crush. Good but I expected more with the Galaxy, Mosaic, and Citra hops.
    IMG_3026 (1).jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  11. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Phantom Haze DIPA from Boulevard Brewing in KC Missouri. Has a citrus and bread aroma. Taste is citrus with some melon behind it. The malty backbone goes throughout and a bit of mild pine bitter at the finish. It has a very light feel that contradicts what you see with the thick murky haze, it would be a guzzler if it wasn't a 7.5 ABV. Good beer, better than the other Boulevard IPA offerings I have tried, they are heading the right direction for me.
    IMG_3048.jpg

Attached Files:

Strigidae likes this.
  12. Frigin

Frigin Member

Me and the wife have been into hard ciders lately. This is our favorite. Highly recommend CC8D452E-08FC-4E9C-BD9B-7A2432E36E0F.jpeg

13. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Carlsons is some good cider

14. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

20200314_204310.jpg
    Oddball 6 pack in the back of a cooler, no shelf slot or label. It's a stout, worth a taste says I.

Jtallen83, Zeek and Strigidae like this.
  15. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Member

Pretty much as usual, at least the first part; Reyka Vodka - straight-up from the freezer, and Founders All-Day IPA

Chris Talley likes this.
  16. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Thanks For Letting Us Play Tonight from Hoof Hearted Brewing in North Haven Conn. It's double dry hopped pale ale, aroma is a basic IPA, this one a little less citrus and more grass and pine. Flavor is thick, starts out a little pineapple and tropical melon but runs head long into a grapefruit pith fest. This gives way to a floral and pine note that actually seems to mellow the pithy dry in the middle. Crack for hop junkies………..
    IMG_3065.jpg IMG_3067.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  17. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Duck, Duck, JUICE! Hazy India Pale Ale from Cahoots Brewing, brewed and canned by Church Street Brewing Co in Itasca, IL. So the first thing to mind when I take whiff is juicy fruit gum. This one is a serious moving target of flavors. Starting I get some green grass bitter, light pine bitter, That gets washed away with a banana and malt sweetness. Then some tropical fruit flies by with a citrus chaser that brings it back to the dry side. It's not really fair to give these first or last flavors as they just keep bouncing back and forth long after a sip, This is a Peruvian flake for hop heads……..
    IMG_3069.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  18. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Jameson.

Jtallen83 likes this.
  19. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Powerade zero.. Fruit punch and water

Jtallen83 likes this.
  20. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member