Aftermarket sheaths

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by daizee, Feb 19, 2020.

1. daizee

daizee Member

Hey all you Gearhounds,

I'm looking for options in aftermarket sheaths for 4-6" blades. Stuff in the Kephart style at the moment (like recent "Photos of Other Knives" post). Tactical is cool, like the Becker tweener and bk62 sheaths, and so is leather if it can be made to fit well. Both of those ka-bar branded sheaths are good choices, but they're not available as separate items.

I have a couple Spec-Ops Combat Masters in the 6" size, but they're a tad too big. I want something in that middle-ground sweet spot of decent quality, but reasonably affordable AND available. :rolleyes:

What do you guys prefer for these smaller-to-medium size blades?

2. JV3

JV3 Member

3. daizee

daizee Member

Hmm, some of those look good. Most complete selection I've seen.
    Trick is figuring out fit.
    Do you have a pile of unused right-hand sheaths? :D

4. JV3

JV3 Member

off the top of my head though the only ones i have laying around are the sheaths for the smith & sons brave (~3.5" blade), rb3 (3.75" blade), and brk kephart (4.25" blade)...in the 5-6" blades all i have are the survive! knives and esee cm-6 and they all came with ambi-kydex sheaths...i intend to keep them though because after i die all the lefty sheaths will get thrown away and the righties will get reused again :eek:

i can help with the sizing...i'll take blade and sheath measurements sometime this weekend.

daizee likes this.
  5. martin_j001

martin_j001 Member

Who is our go-to kydex bender these days?

And does anyone know if the models with 3D scales will fit sheaths made for the regular models, off hand?

6. daizee

daizee Member

Ha!
    Thought you might want to hold onto them for that reason. :D
    I'd love measurements of the blade & sheath for the kephart, but please don't go to any unnecessary trouble.

7. Frigin

Frigin Member

so The stock sheaths from esee fit each type. So the say 4 standard will fit the 43D and visa versa. I can’t tell you about aftermarket sheaths as I don’t have any to compare to. but I will say that if the aftermarket sheath only comes up as high as the stock one you should have no problems. I’ll post up a comparison pic later so you can see what I mean.

daizee and martin_j001 like this.
  8. JV3

JV3 Member

the brk kephart's blade length is 4.25" and the brk bushcraft sheath is the "type a" size which is 6.75" deep.

for reference i tried the bk62 in it and the sheath is a tad too narrow (hangs up on the finger guard) and too short so i bet the "type aa" sheath is a perfect fit for it.

9. daizee

daizee Member

Roger that, thanks!!
    Just finishing up an AuK5 which is pretty close to BK62 dimensions. I could probably use one of these 'aa's around here. Damn things are multiplying faster than birudashi at Oktoberfest.

JV3 likes this.