Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ASH

ASH Member

The good news is it only took about 10 minutes to get my internet fixed this morning. I know Jeff used to be in the Telecom industry, I've had some good techs but one of them moved to Florida. The biggest problem here is the infrastructure is falling apart and Att won't do anything about it. I guess the technology is advancing so fast that by the time they replaced the existing system, the replacement would be considered outdated. I have att Uverse at my house, it's supposed to be fiber but it still gets to me through the old 2 wire copper line. My internet goes out when it rains. They have actually downgraded the plans available to me. When I switched to Uverse from dsl it was advertised up to 30 Mb download speed. Now they only advertise up to 10 Mb.

I got the gypsy wireless plan to use at my girlfriend's place two miles out of town. The only thing available there is wireless broadband and satellite. Gypsy is a att reseller and the only thing available that is unlimited. One of the problems is that att's towers are so congested I get less than 1 Mb download at times. The bigger problem is that something in their system is basically disabling my sim card from time to time. A throttled plan through Verizon or AT&T is starting to look like a better deal.

2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

.....a Jeep you say ..... :D :D

3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

One of my 4 daughters is getting married next month, the first to get married also. I'm a happy dad right now lol.

4. ASH

ASH Member

I can't stand them. They drive awful. I had to replace the rear differential in a 2018 last week. I suspect there's going to be a recall on those rear axles. It was toasted in 50,000 miles, the oil was black and slimy. I saw lots of similar reports on Chrysler's new technician forum. The differential was on back order a few weeks ago. These JL's have been full of problems.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  5. Zeek

Zeek Member

6. ASH

ASH Member

I was about to ask if that was your boy.

7. ASH

ASH Member

Wow this internet is doing 0.21Mbps.

8. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

Pedalboard is done!!! Soldered 22 patch cables. That's 44 jacks soldered. A combination of things running in series or parallel. It's a maze but works great.
    The run goes like this.....

Guitar plugs into the Boss Tuner, into MXR Preamp, goes underneath into the Saturnworks box where the signal splits into two. One goes directly to the out while the other goes into an effects loop where the MXR Compressor is and then back to the Saturnworks and out. Now my signal is a combination of an uncompressed and compressed signal running in parallel. From there it goes into a JHS Buffer and back to the top into the input of the Saturnworks Bass 5 Channel Parallel Looper.
    Channel 1 is my Dry signal.
    Channel 2 goes underneath to the MXR Bass Octave Deluxe.
    ** The pedals underneath never get adjusted. Set it and forget it. The Octave pedal is set for a sub octave sound only. No dry since Channel 1 is dry. **
    Channel 3 is the Darkglass Vintage Microtubes Overdrive.
    Channel 4 is the MXR Reverb.
    Channel 5 goes to the EHX Mono Synth. The dry output of the Mono Synth goes to the EHX Bass Clone and then into Channel 1 of the Saturnworks Mixer.
    The Synth output of the Mono Synth goes into the Alexander F13 Flanger, then into the MXR Envelope Filter, then into the MXR Carbon Copy Mini and then into Channel 2 of the Saturnworks Mixer.
    From there it's back to the 5 Channel Looper.
    Then the output of the Looper goes underneath to another JHS Buffer and then off to the Amp.

Power supply is a Voodoo Lab 4x4 and two Voodoo Lab X4's.

That's it. Capisce??
    20200221_183621.jpg

20200221_183704.jpg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Bluelew, Chris Talley and Strigidae like this.
  9. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Dang. I understood compressor and tuner. Ha ha ha! Looks awesome!

10. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

I could've shortened the description by just saying lots of trippy stuff going on.

C99c and Strigidae like this.
  11. C99c

C99c Member

A friend was looking for a knife shop in their area and I recommended USA Made Blade because it's the only one I know of near that city. Whitty was always cool to interact with here on the forum and quick and easy to do business with.

I hadn't been on his site lately so this morning I was browsing it and unless I am completely missing something he doesn't list any ESEE knives there now.

Does anyone local (or that interacts with them) know if they still stock ESEE knives in store? My friend was wanting to handle a couple of the newer models and I want to give them a heads up before they make the drive.

12. IW17

IW17 Member

It certainly appears that he's no longer a dealer. Hmm...

The Marsh Gorilla, JV3 and Zeek like this.
  13. ASH

ASH Member

I came in tonight to a stillborn pony. As I drove down the driveway I saw one of the pregnant minis laying under the fence with a head sticking out. The baby was upside down, we had to have the Vet come out with a calf jack. We couldn't pull the baby out by hand, I was dragging the mare.

14. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

Sorry about that.

15. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

That sucks man. Was the mare okay?

16. ASH

ASH Member

Yeah she seems ok, she is up this morning.

17. ASH

ASH Member

So, more idiots and Jeeps. Actually the same Jeep, but this time it's the owner.

The receptionist came back in the shop today and told me that the gray Jeep I worked on was stuck in 4lo and the owner was having it towed back. I asked what Jeep she was talking about because the gray Jeep I worked on yesterday was just a software update for a recall on a Cherokee. She said the one with the transfer case, I said oh, I didn't work on that one. The service manager decided to swap the transfer case because the part came in before the owner came back to pick it up. This was after I had to put everything back together so that he could pick it up. After I had a second to think about it I realized the owner just doesn't know how to operated it. I'm sure he hasn't read the owners' manual and his salesman didn't show him how to operate it. 4lo isn't shift on the fly like 4hi. You have to shift the transmission to N and let off the brakes to unload the axles to shift out of 4lo. I am kind of surprised he even got it in to 4lo.

Hopefully I am going to be trading for a new set of idiots soon.

C99c and Strigidae like this.
  18. Andy the Aussie

Your average Jeep owner..... ;) :D

Strigidae and ASH like this.
  19. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Hey Andy, what are the thoughts on Nissans down there? Specifically the body on frame trucks and SUVs? I have been driving my 2011 4x4 Xterra everywhere since November and couldn't be happier, and I paid a third less than I would have paid for a comparable Toyota truck. Yeah generally a little less aftermarket support but so far that seems to be about the only downside.

20. Andy the Aussie

If you think Ford v Chevy is a thing in the US, Toyota v Nissan here leaves it for dead....at one point I had a T Shirt that read "You Don't Know What Your Miss'n Till You're Piss'n on a Nissan" ......so my thoughts are perhaps jaded.... :D :D I will begrudgingly say they are not too bad at all but (as you note) the aftermarket gear is just not available for them. Since they discontinued the GU/Y61 trucks I have not paid them too much attention. Typical Japanese reliability but not as rugged as a Tojo.