Spartan Blades Phrike

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by JohnGer, Feb 10, 2020.

1. JohnGer

JohnGer Member

Hello everyone!

I need a knife..... Not really.... but you know hahaha :rolleyes:

I'm thinking about getting one of these. I want to use it as a back up while on job and / or for when concealed carry, as a self defense tool in general when not carrying a gun or what ever... and also as a small survival knife (sure it´s not a chopper....)....

I have no experience with Spartan Blades so I would be interested in your opinions about this knife and the brand in general.

I have to say, what did not impress me is the warranty description on their website compared to the amazing ESEE warranty and others. But that's just that.... Any experience with that?

Thank you very much!

2. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

I’ve always admired Spartan blades but have no experience with them. The Phrike looks particularly cool and seems low profile and ergonomic. Another consideration for a similar style and several blade lengths would be the Bradford Guardian series. Close to the same price point and good steels. I have only held the Guardian 3 and it is amazing.

https://bradfordknives.com/

JohnGer likes this.
  3. JohnGer

JohnGer Member

Hey!
    Thanks for your answer!
    I got it today and already send it back.
    The Phrike looks cool and is very, very low profile. It came razor sharp and the Kydex Sheath was outstanding.
    But.... for my hands.... it was so slim, I couldn't get a good grip on that blade. The only very slim blade I have is the SOCP-Dagger, all my other blades are more on the bulky side and I think I will just stay with that. I tried it out, and the idea is nice - but not for me. When trying to slash or what ever with such a light blade it just feels as if there is nothing in my hand.

I´m not waiting for a Hybris in return, even when that is not the original idea behind the new blade....

Chris Talley likes this.
  4. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

The Hybris is one awesome looking blade! Wow! I hope you post pics and give a quick review when you receive it!

JohnGer likes this.
  5. JohnGer

JohnGer Member

So.... after having the chance to get a Grip on the knives. I decided for a Horkos. Very great knife. I love it.
    The decision between the Hybris and the Horkos was mainly made because by having it in the hand, I could see I prefer the tip of the Horkos. Even that was not the blade style I was looking for....
    Very cool knife.