ESEE Knife sheaths - What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Colton, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Colton

Colton Member

I want to add leather sheaths to my store and the first one I would offer is a sheath for the ESEE 3 and the PR4

What would you like to see?
    Features?
    Color options?
    Different ESEE Models?

shaneadams90 likes this.
  2. IW17

IW17 Member

One feature I'd love to see is a few options for an old school type sheath with a strap and snap. I'm not a huge fan of pouch sheaths (especially for knives with longer blades) and it seems like most makers focus solely on pouch sheaths.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  3. Colton

Colton Member

You mean retention strap that secures the knife into the sheath? Or a flap that covers the whole handle and snaps onto the body of the sheath?

IW17 likes this.
  4. Stagehand

Stagehand Member

Left hand pr4 like original. Thanks

5. Colton

Colton Member

Anything I would make could be offered left handed.

JohnGer and Stagehand like this.
  6. IW17

IW17 Member

The first one. Something like this, obviously adjusting the strap to work for different shaped knives. I've got a lot of pouch type sheaths and I've grown to dislike them. They force you to raise the tip of the knife at or above your belt to remove and insert your knife. Plus if you're wearing layers or do not have your top layer tucked in, it can become a two hand job.

s495563879809274858_p14_i1_w2560.jpeg

The Marsh Gorilla and Bluelew like this.
  7. Colton

Colton Member

The height of carry can be adjusted by the sheath maker. Retention straps are doable but difficult on something like the PR4, there isnt much for the strap to grab on to

IW17 likes this.
  8. IW17

IW17 Member

Agreed, something like the pr4, or other knives with straight handles or without a pronounced finger guard wouldn't be a good fit.

9. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I don’t have one to need one but I have heard that the ESEE 6 works well in a leather sheath. A quick google shows a couple of different options people have gone with and I think a high quality option would be a good seller.

I don’t know if you make them now but leather drop loop backers that are for the stock ESEE sheaths would be awesome. The ones I have seen are more multi sheath designs and I am not a big fan of all the extra holes you end up with.

If you decide to make a sheath for the PR4 please consider making it big enough to accommodate the TKC scales. There is not really a good option in leather for that setup.

10. TWBryan

TWBryan Member

Would prefer a nice kydex sheath with vertical straps for the Izula. I really like the factory sheath,but I've already worn one out. Possibly one with 1/4" or 3/8" hole in the bottom like the factory issue?

11. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

Maybe something like the one @shaneadams90 has for his Laser Strike? 5FD56127-84B3-4DF6-B768-4DAF709E4646.jpeg

12. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

mwramos76 likes this.
  13. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

I designed this sheath and found a guy in a FB group that was making some decent leather sheaths....I wanted this sheath to be a bit more svelte than what I was seeing...I can carry it cross draw, scout, or dangler...I wanted a ferro loop and knew I would want to incorporate a fire steel into it...it's a great sheath.

Some time later I had another design for a CR2.5 and JG3 set up (think 2 in 1 sheath) and the jerk ghosted on me after a few months of stringing me along....He dropped all his social media accounts and did some bad business with other folks.....

14. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

Yeah I read your story on Facebook. What a douche. Like you said. You know the price of his dignity. Colton does outstanding work so we shall see if he takes interest!

15. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

Colton is a good dude and does very good work...I have a few pieces from him and he has my Gibson Axe right now.

16. JohnGer

JohnGer Member

I would like to see an option to mount a firesteel like on the Tops Sheath as a standard with the option to mount it on or off easily.

Stayinsharp likes this.