What are you guys drinking tonight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cosmophonic12, Sep 8, 2016.

1. JV3

JV3 Member

Bozho and Zeek like this.
  2. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

3388FB42-E9DB-481E-9451-660289A6629C.jpeg

Strigidae, IW17, Bozho and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bozho

Bozho Member

It is indeed a great bourbon.
    I am going to look for some Buffalo Trace and Wild Turkey, they have also been on my radar for a while.
    Also got 20 liters of rakia the other day, so I would be good for the winter :D

IW17, Zeek and ManOfSteel like this.
  4. JV3

JV3 Member

bulleit bourbon.

[​IMG]

Jtallen83, C99c, ManOfSteel and 2 others like this.
  5. Kevo

Kevo Member

Sorry guys, been missing for a few weeks. Life and whatnot. That time of year again to start bottling up the Polish hooch.
    20191120_202117.jpg

6. Bozho

Bozho Member

I'm sick, so I have something to warm me :D

IMG-44f2dc6a12e1431801f6603ba0dfcf03-V.jpg

Jtallen83, Strigidae, C99c and 2 others like this.
  7. JV3

JV3 Member

i have no scientific evidence but that usually works with me...i'll flood my bloodstream with so much alcohol that nothing organic can survive in it i'm betting :D

Strigidae, Bozho and C99c like this.
  8. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Brought to me by a Viking Brother in Wisconsin, EXPOCHGO IPA from Pipeworks Brewing Co. of Chicago, ILL. Has a big citrus and tropical fruit aroma with some faint bready notes. Hop BOMB! Lots of hop flavors, citrus, pith, pineapple, even some mango, a steady moving flavor profile. Amongst all those hops there is a sweet malty backbone from front to back. Great balance, great drinkability, great beer!
    IMG_2507.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  9. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

10. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

From my Wisconsin Brother, Bonfire Feels American Ale from Phase Three Brewing Co. Brewed and canned by Lake Zurich Brewing Co in Illinois. The look surprised me, much darker than I am used to seeing an ale, guess it isn't a pale ale. Aroma is real malty with just a hint of hops. Taste is way complex! Has some bready malt flavors with what I can only describe as a hint of sweet and sour. There is some smoky flavor that reminds me of a stout but it fades in and out, not super smoky just a hint. There is also some hops in there, more on the piney dank side of the hop spectrum. Flavors abound in this brew, so many notes it must take an orchestra to make it.
    IMG_2561.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  11. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I’m 30 today. Gonna drink a bunch of this and go eat a $100 ribeye to celebrate. Feeling old but still 12yrs younger than and half as handsome as @Bcamos and @JV3

C052F824-F63F-4270-9CBB-240533BA2FCC.jpeg

JV3, Bozho, Bcamos and 5 others like this.
  12. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

NvU Vs. The Haze from Pipeworks Brewing Company of Chicago courtesy of my Wisconsin Brother. Aroma is a tropical fruit bomb, lots of ripe citrus notes. This is one of the best if not the best DIPA's I have had hands down, blew me away with the first sip! Tropical fruit flavors, mango, pineapple, lots of citrusy notes but on the ripe side up front. There is a mild caramel or toffee note from the malt underneath but the hops dominate and in a very good way. It finishes with a mild bitter like orange pith. Mouthfeel is great, so much flavor it tastes thick but feels smooth and light, goes down way to fast! Get some, get a bunch, you'll thank me, and of course a big thanks to my Brother for turning me on to this great brew!
    IMG_2622.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  13. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Tinkerers Series Vol. 3 NEIPA with cryo hops from The Brewing Project of Eau Claire WI. Aroma has a fresh citrus aroma and a faint bready smell. The flavor is outstanding, ripe mandarin orange comes to mind up front with a melon flavor right behind. There is a malty backbone there with a mild hop bitter, maybe a hint of dank pine. The flavor is a moving target in the mouth, changes steadily, complex and very well balanced. The flavor is so thick you almost want to chew it, has a very pleasant mouth feel, medium thick with that oily hop feel left behind. Another outstanding beer from my Wisconsin Brother.
    IMG_2630.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  14. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I don't drink much soda anymore but saw this so had to get it 20191208_221058.jpg

Jtallen83 and Strigidae like this.
  15. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Buddy bought me the bottle as a gift.. a thank you for me doing him a small favor. I’m feeling under the weather so a good bit of it has gone down.

E706ED57-93E9-4212-B048-4D9595852D1B.jpeg

16. DiscoveryLover

DiscoveryLover Member

I picked up a Christmas gift this weekend.
    [​IMG]

Zeek likes this.
  17. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Don't Fear The Blender #2, Fruit Smoothie with strawberry and raspberry puree IPA from Clown Shoes in Massachusetts. Hardly any aroma at all, light fruity smell and a hint of bread. Has an unripe tart strawberry and raspberry flavors from front to back. Some light malty flavor and just a hint of hoppy citrus but the tart dominates. Not something I will buy again.

IMG_2683.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  18. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Nothing extravagant like what some of you drink lol, and since I found out I'm related to the guy.... Why not. This will last me a year or two haha. 20191212_223043.jpg

Jtallen83, JV3, Bozho and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bozho

Bozho Member

20. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Sweet nothings Pastry Stout from Octopi Brewing in Waunakee Wisconsin, coming to me via my Wisconsin Brother. My nose said Grandmas homemade Prune Danish, picks up a healthy cinnamon note as it warms. Taste is very reminiscent of those same Danish. There is raisin and cinnamon as well as that sweet pastry flavor. As it warms a mild smoky flavor picks up letting you know it is a stout, also gives hints of walnut and a boozy hint but not as strong as you would think for the 10% ABV. A desert beer for sure, ambrosia at it's finest, many thanks Brother for an outstanding taste experience!
    IMG_2697.jpg

Strigidae likes this.