Air compressors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MKZ, Oct 16, 2019.

1. MKZ

MKZ Member

In the market for an air compressor for my shop and the reviews and prices are all over the place so I’m not sure what to do. Doesn’t matter to me if it’s portable or not, it’ll be going in a shed and most likely never moved again.

Checked out this dewalt
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/dewalt-60-gallon-air-compressor-155-psi-dxcm601

and this IR
    https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200375221_200375221?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Air Tools + Compressors > Portable Air Compressors > 2 - 9 Cfm Air Compressors&utm_campaign=Ingersoll Rand&utm_content=1592073&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgeia46ah5QIVCmyGCh3h-gU5EAQYAiABEgJYY_D_BwE

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Just don't buy the oilless cheap compressors like Harbor freight sells. Get a good one to start with.

Strigidae likes this.
  3. MKZ

MKZ Member

I definitely don’t want a harbor freight one at all.

4. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

I bought that IR for the last farm I managed. Was a great product imo. Also, I can’t remember specifically but I think the DeWalt had plastic wheels and the IR had pneumatic fires which was a big deal for me if I’m moving it around at all.

5. timdgsr

timdgsr Member

It depends on what you're going to use it for

If it's going to be stationary, I wouldn't opt for less than 60gallons. Definitely not oil-less (hard to beat a small oil-less for portability and shooting nails though)

For near the same price, I'd take that dewalt over the IR. IRs are fine, but certainly not what they used to be.

With most 60+, you're going to need 240v power

MKZ likes this.