Alone season 6

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drew RedBear, Jun 7, 2019.

1. thougt

thougt Member

Jordan did 10x better than anyone else, all 6 seasons, but he got lucky. How many places will have a moose within 100's of miles, much less in your little 5 mile square? He got lucky when the cold preserved the moos meat., too. He should have made lots of netting out of the half of the 20 x 20 tarp that you dont need. Personally, i'd take a 2 person hammock and 12x12 tarp and do the same with them. You can use a baited net-weir to catch a lot of ducks when they are flocking up to migrate. A 3 lb duck has 2200 calories, while a 3 lb fish has only 1000 calories. This is if you know to dry pluck the duck, boil it, drink the broth and eat the skin. 3" mesh netting suffices to catch waterfowl, while you have to add local vegetative matter to the tarp/netting, reducing it to 1.5" mesh, so as to make a net weir for fish. When you wont be on the sea, you have to take the 3 lb block of salt, too.

the kind of stuff you're talking about doing, in the late fall, nobody would attempt, cause it'd be suicide. Very few people would last more than a week under such condiitons, and I very much douht that any who could would be posting here.

2. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

You seem to be pretty much an expert. What season will you be on?

Drew RedBear, BigJake and Strigidae like this.
  3. Twiztedmind

Twiztedmind Member

I learn so much on here!:D

4. Josh

Josh Member

What the ducking trout? Would you keep the feathers? I would, I collect feathers. Eagles have moved into my neighborhood. I would love to find an eagle feather. The ospreys are not happy with their new neighbors.

Buddy all seriousness, what are you talking about? It’s a Television show. I work in an office. It’s fun to watch once in a while. That’s it.

Zeek and Jeff Randall like this.