Any new AGM battery options?

Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by C99c, Sep 4, 2019.

1. C99c

C99c Member

What are y'all using for batteries? I need to replace the one in our 4runner and am only interested in AGM models.

I've used both Optima and Odyssey in the past with no complaints. Any new (and proven) options out now? Not looking to spend Northstar money.

Also not interested in anything from Sears (hard to warranty something when they finish closing the stores), Walmart (obvious reasons) or Costco (not a member because we don't have one close enough to bother).

Strigidae likes this.
  2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Odyssey here.

Mudman likes this.
  3. Mudman

Mudman Member

Odyssey will be my next choice. Right now I have a duralast platinum(?)

Used to run only Optima batteries, until I had 3 in a row fail on me. Autozone replaced right away, but it was a big pita.

Strigidae likes this.
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I REALLY want a Lithium second battery....but I REALLY don't want to pay the price.

I have one in the Zombie Express (my hunting bike) and that may go months without being turned over and for the past sic years it is running just as soon as the fuel pump gets fresh fuel down.

Strigidae likes this.
  5. jbs121s

jbs121s Member

I've had multiple Optima failures in both my race cars and toe rigs, the new ones aren't as good as they once were. I have a pair of 10 year old red tops that have outlasted all my newer ones. I've switched everything to Northstar and not had a single failure. They also have a 5 year non prorated warranty.

Strigidae likes this.