The anrkst6973vs bushman5 Potjie/Cast Iron Cookware Cook-Off!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bushman5, May 28, 2019.

1. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

image.jpeg
    Tomato paste. It's hard stuff to save in premeasured amounts. I've been doing mine like this (keep frozen) but I saw it being done with wax paper too.

image.jpeg
    It does make it a lot less messy to use.

image.jpeg
    Peanut butter. (Yes.) the recipe says real peanut butter. A full cup. There's a really interesting smell coming out of this pot...

image.jpeg
    Let it sizzle, melt the peanut butter in, then tomatoes. A 15 oz can. The spiced or roasted versions would be good in this.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Zeek likes this.
  2. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

image.jpeg
    Finally, chicken stock. I made 2 qts but I only used one. I think I should have used maybe 1/2 of the second one. This being because regular potatoes lack the water content of yams. It was just a bit "thicker" than I wanted.

image.jpeg
    Well they haven't called the law....yet. :D

image.jpeg
    Serve over rice. This was where a bit more creamy would have been good imho.

Lady Ash loved this one. She's still going at the leftovers and saying how good it is.
    As a cook this makes me happy. I will make this again sometime but I might play with the recipe more. I'm thinking a creamier texture with a more robust smokey flavor.....

What do you guys think? Keeper? Or Meh, maybe not. Alway happy to hear y'alls input.

Zeek, Bozho, Strigidae and 2 others like this.
  3. Shepherd

Shepherd Member

Bushman5

359 high5