What to do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dhunley1, Oct 13, 2016.

1. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Well, I just found a North Face jacket sitting at a "dead end" in the middle of the hall, at my work. I work in a large office building with many different companies/law offices, so it could be anyone's. I work late and as far as I can tell, my co workers and I are the only ones still in the building. I hung around for a few minutes, waiting to see if anyone came around, but no one did. We don't have any sort of lost and found around here, so I don't know what to do. What's odd is that I was planning on buying one this winter, and it's my size! I would feel bad keeping it, but I don't want to just put it back, only to have someone else snag it.

I'd like to see it's rightful owner get it back, but I honestly don't know how I would go about doing that.

Do I keep it and not feel bad because it's owner is clearly an idiot?

What would you guys do?

GaryMc likes this.
  2. james gormley

james gormley Member

I work in commercial construction. I cant tell you how many hoodies i have acquired from people leaving them behind.
    I usually let them hang around a day or two and if noone claims it its mine.
    I just found a milwaukee heated hoodie today at the building we are building. Not claimed by tomorrow, its mine. Not my fault they dont take care of their sh!t.
    Btw the milwaukee is like $150

JMJ, GaryMc and dhunley1 like this.
  3. trench

trench Member

That's policy where I am, keep it on site and safe for a day or two and if no one comes back enjoy

4. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Thanks, guys. That's kind of what I was thinking.

GaryMc likes this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

i post up a notice, but am vague in description. after a week its mine or donated to gospel mission

6. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Same thing happens where I work. Volunteers leave some nice stuff behind. I'll hold it a week before I give it away or keep it. If they can't figure out it's been gone within a week, then they can't be that bright and it's an idiot tax (like the lottery).

Just got a nice second hand marmot rain jacket a couple of weeks ago in fact. Lots of coffee mugs/water bottles too.

GaryMc likes this.
  7. DSD

DSD Member

Agree with above....keep it in your office a couple days then it s yours.just don t wear it at work i guess...;)

GaryMc likes this.
  8. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

This ^^^^

9. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

I'm going to put a note on the wall with one of my free email addresses as a contact. No description, so if it's theirs, they'll be able to tell me what it is.

GaryMc likes this.
  10. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

This :) I wouldn't hide it in your office or even so much as tuck it away in a desk. If I had found one at work I would hang it up on a chair in my office and let it hang out were I can keep a eye on it. If after a few days I would dispose of it....

GaryMc likes this.