recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Who's a reputable dealer, seller for firearms parts? I'm wanting to replace the back slide plate on the S&W and they have some on Amazon but not what I'm looking for in design.

2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

just ordered this bad boy.

Acebeam W30 White Laser Thrower Flashlight - 7900 feet <<<<thats right.....7900' throw. 1.5 miles. 2.4 KM's. Waterproof to 100 meters.

500 lumen white phosphorus laser emitter. Got the red lens cover as well to allow for use as a signalling laser.

runs the same 20 amp IMR 21700 batts i already use in my other gear.

1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Zeek, Drew RedBear and Michael W. like this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

in my previous post I said i do a lot of hiking....while that is my main goal........its also a time where I do Research & Development <<< a huge passion of mine.

I'm buying as many load bearing rigs as I can to try them out, and to note the areas where they fail and work well in fit, finish, weight, materials and user features in a hiking/mountaineering/fishing/hunting/stalking environment.

I have several features drawn up, some designs, and eventually once I tweak the designs to my liking , First Spear will help with the pattern layout and prototyping. Then I hope to test that prototype extensively before a production run. My goal is a turn key load bearing rig, stocked with basics for wilderness hiking. Scale-able up and down for hunting/fishing/animal tracking, and tactical use.

best part is, I buy extremely high end, expensive, very well made gear......and treat it very well, which means very good re-sale value for me. ;)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Kevo, Michael W. and Drew RedBear like this.
  4. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Raptor Tactical Archer chest rig, and large utility pouch with chemlight slots

:eek: grand total of 15 oz :)

raptor-super-light-plate-carrier.jpg

ABF5C080-536B-4F0C-B73C-207B10E1AB5A.jpeg

5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

STPNWLF, Strigidae, Hammer and 3 others like this.
  6. JV3

JV3 Member

brownells.com and midwayusa.com are usually where i order from.

C99c, Drew RedBear and IW17 like this.
  7. C99c

C99c Member

I know you didn't solicit advice, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. Before you start decorating your Shield I'd do three things.

1. Make sure that it wasn't part of the recall several years ago for issues with the drop safety. Details are easily found online.

2. Check the RSA (Recoil Spring Assembly) to make sure that it isn't starting to come apart. They had a batch of bad ones get out at one point and will send you a replacement RSA. Details of this issue are also easily found online. Even if your pistol isn't affected then I would still go ahead and buy an extra RSA.

3. Check your magazines' function. Some came from the factory either with the wrong spring or bad spring and made the guns jam-o-matics.

I've owned six different Shields stretching back to when they were initially released and have only had one that the RSA was going bad. That gun had apparently been fed a lot of hot handloads and was just junk by the time I got it.
    I've seen at least ten mags between myself and other owners with spring issues.

Those three are the major ones, but you might also want to get some grip tape/wrap or whatever. The 1st Gens are fairly slick and being thin they move around a lot in your hand.

JV3 and Drew RedBear like this.
  8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

cool, thank you

no I didn't, but I really appreciate that advice! I will definitely check into those things. Thank you!!

JV3 and C99c like this.
  9. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

This one seems like it's in new condition with the exception of a couple marks on the slide, which are from the holster in guessing. It came with everything s new one would've also. So for $200 I don't think I did too bad.

Thanks again for letting me know about those. Better to be safe than sorry.

I edited and commented on your comment also.

10. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Couple Columbia PFG shirts.

23292757-F0E2-467A-92EA-D445990D4904.jpeg

11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

love mine! FAST DRYING!

super light too.....I can stuff one into a beer can shape in my webbing. One set for hiking, one set for post hike beers. Wash the hiking set , dry in a hour , ready to wear in the AM.

Zeek and ManOfSteel like this.
  12. IW17

IW17 Member

New ac unit and coil for the furnace.

IMG_20190723_201417.jpg

Strigidae and Zeek like this.
  13. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I feel your pain.

We did the same thing in early June.

On the bright side, we’ve now been keeping the thermostat set a couple degrees higher.
    New unit is quieter and more efficient.

Strigidae and IW17 like this.
  14. IW17

IW17 Member

I'm glad to get it taken care of. We had a home warranty so it only ended up being $1,000 out if pocket for everything. That's the cheapest it would ever be so we jumped on it when ours crapped out.

Zeek likes this.
  15. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Yeah, I spent over 5k.

16. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Well not paid for yet but I did just order all the rear bar work for my Landcruiser....three weeks delivery time so I need to get my beautiful self into some fishnets and out on the street corner and start working harder selling myself to pay for it.....because of course the ONLY one I like is the MOST expensive one available here......

Strigidae and Bushman5 like this.
  17. Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake Member

Just took delivery of a couple of mudjugs I got a crazy deal on and a new rigid denim Prison Blues yard coat. Also just found out my laptop chassis is completely and thoroughly borked, so I ordered a service part to replace the broken bit on my lunch break today. Aside from consumables (food and tobacco, my friends, food and tobacco) that's all for the last couple weeks.

Bushman5 likes this.
  18. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Ordered several 500 denier laminated fabrics (designed for laser cutting) samples to test out.

This is for my R&D project involving my L.R.R.P.R. webbing . The final design will have the pouches sewn directly to the base , doing so will cut the weight by 25%.

Zeek likes this.
  19. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Grabbed a new stripped lower and my LWRC “other firearm” today. (The lower gun in the pic)

6EC715EF-349B-4533-A4F1-5231DEC7ADA7.jpeg 747A9FDB-CF69-4B18-8450-372B80F184E2.jpeg

JV3, Rattlesnake, Bushman5 and 2 others like this.
  20. Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake Member

Cripes, I love that lower. If I wasn't such a dirty AK heathen I would be all over it.

ManOfSteel likes this.