Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

The bathroom is a great spot to read.

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  2. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Or post on ESEE lol

Strigidae, Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  3. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

The TS / potential hurricane churning through the gulf right now is wreaking havoc on my body... You know your getting older when the weather makes you hurt...

On a positive note I received my 2.5 back I forgot on my last trip. I didn’t realize how much I used it on my trip until I took a look at it today and realized I did a number on the BO coating. It Pretty at this stage but needs to be sharpened VERY bad!

Bushman5 likes this.
  4. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

the itch for more adventure is biting hard.......

I keep looking at my Classic Luge.......and keep thinking about the hill from Joffre Lakes on the Duffy Lake road......leading down 13+ INSANE STEEP switchbacks into Pemberton BC.....

I really miss that feeling at 110 KM/H, literally 3" from the rushing pavement below. Its very ZEN LIKE...

stay tuned.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

oh @Andy the Aussie , is this Austrian disco? :confused:

Gertrude Wirschinger, born in Austria in 1948. She was a singer for "Silver Convention" who also produced "Fly Robin Fly", and "Get Up and Boogie".

:D

Zeek likes this.
  6. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

In the Canton, Taylor, Monroe, Westland areas. And I can do either city or country.

7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

....... yep......just finished a long day.....drove back up the country to where I grew up for my best friend's father's funeral. Both his parents were very special to me and his sons (my mate and his two older brothers) asked me, as the final part of the service, to read for the crowd a poem as Ian was lowered into the ground. It was my honour of course, interestingly yestday I could barely speak (flu'ish thing still hanging in) and I woke with my voice back to normal, drove the three hours up, helped then get read, did my part at the service and 15mins later my voice was gone again. Strange things. The wake was good, me and the three brothers held court in the middle of a bar and people came and went. We were all in full flight at one pint with the stories running wild. This was also the first time I met my Godson's longterm girlfriend, I think she may have been a bit overwhelmed.... :D Just finished the three hour drive home. I was happy my voice was there when I needed it, happy I was able to get through the poem without breaking. happy it was all outdoors and the sunglasses hit the tears. So yes. home alone tonight and I just need to have a drink in the quiet with my thoughts. I fear I will repeat this process with my mate's mother all too soon.... :(

.....I prefer and ohm pa pa tune myself... ;)

Strigidae likes this.
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Zeek likes this.
  9. Andy the Aussie

Not me personally but many members of the deer hunting secret societies here are buying into thermals of different designs. Both rifle mounted and hand held. I am a big fan of Leupold gear but I have heard nothing great said about their thermal by comparison to other products, many are quite negative about them. But that from me to you is all anecdotal.

Think about of your needs....all the gear in the world is great, if you don't have safe reliable transport to get you out and BACK from the wild, then what good is all the gear.... ?

10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

^ the BushTracker never dies. Its a Zombie M.u.l.e.

(i do hear you on transport priorities though....)

My reasoning for considering purchasing these optics is as follows.......

I love hiking / bushwacking and mapping out where i find cougar scratch trees and urine sprays. Same with bear signs.

my idea with buying these was pushing a little harder into the woods after finding the big cat or grizz markers and glassing for heat signatures of the animal .

or for finding people in the woods, the two legged meth head types. These optics would be another tool in the box for dealing with those POS. It would give me more intel so to speak, where they are in the forest, how close, etc.

Zeek likes this.
  11. Andy the Aussie

They are valid reasons but only you can decide on what is a priority for yourself. I think carrying this type of thermal for those reasons is a bit of overkill, there are more priorities that I would assign the weight to than these (unless attached to a rifle when they are serving double duty.

12. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Well, time to open a beer and take the washing machine apart to see where it is leaking.

13. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Well, this is probably part of the problem.

A9A533A8-C253-4700-A70B-DBA6BA016EBB.jpeg

03C757D6-6676-4F38-B9DA-9934DC41E0A8.jpeg

B5E0ACC8-B31C-4BF4-B844-CA053C4822E5.jpeg

I remember putting this shirt on one day and there being a huge chunk missing...

Strigidae, Drew RedBear and Bushman5 like this.
  14. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Oh, and in case any of you have never experienced the joy...

D422DD0C-4B81-4762-AE92-A7C3E95B0974.jpeg

Taking it apart is easier.

15. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Back together.

Second time was a lot faster than the first time.

It squeaked real bad after the first time, hopefully I tightened it enough to stop that.

16. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Well the trip is almost over. One full day left and I know it's gonna go by fast. Tonight mom and I went through a bunch of pictures and my grandpas military things. It was cool to see him back then and see all his medals and honors. He also received the purple heart but unfortunately she only had the box to it. She gave me all his medals, pins, and dog tags as well and I'm going to get a glass case to put them in. I don't know what any of them mean, but I'm guessing one of them is for Sgt first class.? Every day has been an amazing day here and it looks like my roommate is so jealous she's going to finally go to see her own family. She's been nothing but a PITA since I've gotten here. I'll be moving here in August. 20190713_232702.jpg 20190713_232642.jpg 20190713_210829.jpg 20190713_210751.jpg 20190713_210841.jpg

JV3, Strigidae, Zeek and 1 other person like this.
  17. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@Drew RedBear I don’t speak Army but I know there are some folks who do speak Army around here that could be more help. A couple of things stick out to me thou. The way it looks is WW2, Korea and Vietnam?
    #1 they are out of order and have def duplicates.
    #2 I spot a Purple Heart and I believe a Bronze star(Medal for valor)
    #3 combat infantry / rifle mans badge.
    #4 Korea service medal.
    #5 Vietnam service medal.
    #6 Army of Occupation and WW2 victory medal?
    Check this website out.It has more then the chart below.
    https://www.americanwarlibrary.com/display/usa.htm
    [​IMG]

JV3, Zeek, Drew RedBear and 1 other person like this.
  18. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Yes he was in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. I'll check out that site, thank you. I haven't a clue what would be out of order either. I'm not a military guy.
    Also, would it be disrespectful to wear his dog tag? He passed away in '98, and I wouldn't wear it out. I hate those people that try and fake being in the military.

19. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

#1 Be SUPER careful trying to add or remove and ribbons from those “racks” even new ribbons can get messed up.
    As far as order it’s a top to bottom chart. Most “important” on top.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  20. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I wasn't going to me with those like that. I'm going to pin them as they are, but I guess find out which order they go in now lol. I appreciate the help!

RocketmanDane and Bushman5 like this.