Dang kids these days!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C99c, Jul 1, 2019.

1. C99c

C99c Member

2. wilas101

wilas101 Member

These articles seem to be leaving out some details. was there a malfunction? why was the seat belt around the kids neck to start with? why didn't the mother use one of her own 9 knives she had strategically placed about the interior of the vehicle like the rest of us?

The kid was 6 and had it wrapped around their neck and the mother starts crying for help vs smacking the little brat and telling them to quit f'n around with the seat belt? Now she gets to replace a seat belt.

Jeremiah Jones, Black5 and C99c like this.
  3. C99c

C99c Member

1. It's 2019. You're expecting some random reporter to act like a journalist instead of just parroting the same story that almost every outlet is going with. Journalism is all but dead.

2. Another source reported that the parent drove off as soon as the child was free, then called back later to say thank you. Then dropped a thank you note off another day. Who knows what really happened afterwards.

I've seen and heard of a lot of parents leaving the scene of an accident or incident similar to this one. Sometimes they have to be tracked down by LEOs or First Responders.

I guess some get embarrassed and some want absolutely no interaction with LEOs for a myriad of reasons. Some just don't have the time to spare because it's an interuption to their day, whether that's running late to work or running late to get back in front of the tv or facebook or whatever.

4. wilas101

wilas101 Member

can't argue about journalism. its all about the hits now!

I wish someone would journalize this story because I still wanna know why the kid had the seatbelt around their neck. LOL I guess we'll never know.

5. C99c

C99c Member

Just don't look at the thread on Bladeforums that someone sent me a link to. It started with some guy wanting to do a Gofundme to buy the kid a better knife and pretty rapidly went down hill from there.

Bushman5 likes this.
  6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

....I have met several "kids" and more than a few adults that would do well from having a seat belt wrapped tightly around their neck

Bozho likes this.
  7. wilas101

wilas101 Member

Great idea. then toss them from your new (to you) C-130!

8. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

I read that thread. That place is so sad. It went from a guy wanting to reward the kid for being a hero and starting a gofundme into a bickering match,the thread got locked and they cancelled the gofundme and returned everyone's donations because its against bf policy...OP probably got an infraction

9. C99c

C99c Member

The OP could have done his Gofundme or whatever without tying it to BF. It's pretty common knowledge that BF is a privately owned entity. I wouldn't start a Gofundme with the name of this forum or my local hardware, etc. without asking the owners.

And wanting some "good publicity for bladeforums" is stupid. If you want to reward someone for doing something then good. Doing it while making a big deal out of doing it or deciding that the person can't make good decisions so you should pick things for him are all stupid.

It's all "look at us we're knife enthusiasts and we know better because while this guy may be doing fine everyday with his cheap knife we can buy him something with a super steel that will look better in pics on forums or Instagram and we can make him one of us so he will know what knife to carry in his rotation in case there's humidity in the air or its raining or it's tanto Tuesday. And then we can all pat ourselves on the back for doing a fine thing!".

The above obviously doesn't describe every one in that thread, but there was too much of that in it.

And the guy will be rewarded, I guarantee you. He works for a good company that values solid people and there are many localish people to him that will happily buy him a meal or gift card or just shake his hand and say "good job".

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  10. C99c

C99c Member

11. Kevo

Kevo Member

12. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Wow. That kid scored a killer bag-o-blades.

13. IW17

IW17 Member