Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

yea I hear ya....but....

- never been on a vacation.
    - when i do get vacation time off ( a week every year) , i'm too burned out and tired to do anything
    - weekends now i'm too burned out and tired form work to do anything...most Saturdays are spent sleeping until 1500 hours and sitting on the computer . Sundays I get out for a lousy dayhjike. Yea the scenery and hike is great, but i want more.
    - I'm getting seriously sick of living in the city.
    - Mom does not understand how much i have hated living here since 1988. That's THIRTY ONE years that i have hated living here in the city. Sure there are some perks, the food choices are great, but I really hate living here. (Metro Vancouver, NOT the rest of BC)
    - she does not want to sell the apt. She thought it would be good to live here all my life. I'm ready to walk away from $350,000 , thats how much I hate living here.
    - crime is out of control here. Same with crack addicts/homelessness
    - the food prices (fresh groceries/meat/cheese etc) are INSANE
    - the fuel prices are the most expensive in North America (see next point)
    - A daytrip into the mountains costs about $100 in fuel. That can jump up to about $500+ for a weekend if I head out say towards Lytton or Cache Creek. (driving all the way out of the city just to get into mountains)
    - worst traffic in North America, and i drive in it all day long.

oh well. Just keep on trucking at a job I'm really starting to hate and drink beer every day I guess.

Drew RedBear and Zeek like this.
  2. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

After 3 days of hard labor( ie concrete prep work) and personally shoveling a full dump truck load of gravel.. I can barely move if I sit still for long....

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Drew RedBear, Bushman5 and OKcherokee like this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

So I bought that bk17 and after really looking it over it was not how he described it, in new condition. The tip was bent, chips in the blade and the coating was starting to wear all over the blade. So I put in for a return and first off, dude was a jerk denying the damage and then said that he actually sold it too low. For a damaged bk17 it wasn't worth 3/4 of his price. So I mailed it back off the next morning and waited, waited some more and after 7 days, yes a week, it finally got to st Louis from Branson. But st Louis isn't the destination, Berwyn IL is, but now it's been in st Louis for 4 days. The cut off date for shipping it back, not to receive was June 3. The night of June 2 I get an email saying that the seller opened up a complaint and asked them to step in. It wasn't 5 minutes later and I get another email stating that the case was closed and I would NOT be getting a refund. WTF? I mailed it on the 24th and provided the seller with the tracking number, which he already had since he sent the label to me. So I call and they kept trying to tell me that I sent the wrong number, which I did not, but they couldn't get it through their heads that they themselves messed up by actually allowing the case to be opened because it wasn't even the deadline for shipping it! But I provided the tracking number once again, the again to the supervisor, and they said the case was put on hold instead of closed. It's not my fault the seller was trying to rip me off or the usps to take a week and a half plus to deliver it. It's still in the "process, but will be delivered later than expected" stage. Then I tried to file a claim today on it, and after filling out all the info, I get an error saying their (usps) email system is down. Ugh...

4. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

That sucks.

In my mind, the date to ship should mean it is post marked by a certain date, not received by a certain date.
    Since neither party has any control on how long it actually takes for transit using a third party (USPS).
    As long as you can prove you sent it by the deadline date that should be good enough.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I agree and exactly. It's on the usps, not me. I have proof of when it was mailed, not just the receipt, but putting the tracking number in with the return page. The seller had it too, but he's trying to get both the knife and money. Not gonna happen. I called the usps and when they finally called back, I opened up a case for it as well

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    OKcherokee likes this.
  6. Black5

Black5 Member

Was this through eBay?

Drew RedBear likes this.
  7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Yes. *hangs head in shame*

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  8. Black5

Black5 Member

I hate eBay.

Zeek, Drew RedBear and Bushman5 like this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

10. KnifeGuy101

KnifeGuy101 Member

Kind of a long shot, but does anyone remember a guy on the old forum called SnakeDoc? It’s been a few years but i wanted to try to reach out to him about something. Not holding my breathe, but if you guys have any way to contact him I’d greatly appreciate it.

11. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Comment: a sneezing fit after nasal surgery SUCKS big time !!!!

Strigidae likes this.
  12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

thought you were in the woods for a week?

13. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

That was last week !! Went way too fast. Home last weekend and in for surgery yesterday !!

Bushman5 likes this.
  14. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Flew home today. Normal BIG airport kinda experience but it was arriving at the little regional size airport that was epic... landed, taxied to the gate and then the plane lost power and we couldn’t get out of the plane.. ... long story short after almost a hour of sitting in the mostly dark (but with AC still working ) we got towed to a different gate and got off the plane almost a hour to the minute from parking at the first gate... Didn’t bug me so much because I was close to home but others were livid!! The best part thou was when we were getting off the plane. The captain was giving a butt chewing to the ground crew that would make almost any military TI / DI proud :) Def. A eventful day!

Drew RedBear likes this.
  15. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Just sayin.... Screenshot_20190605-085316_Facebook.jpg

16. C99c

C99c Member

I spent five hours this morning swinging a sledgehammer. The last three in a steady to pouring rain. Sometimes it's nice to have no thoughts except "see thing, break thing".

17. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

i hear ya! after the ex and i broke up, my buddy hired me for a demo job at $50 an hour. He knew I would be a 1 man wrecking crew. Broke apart a 20 x 20 x 16 cinder block outbuilding and busted the concrete floor in 6 hours. Sledgehammer and wrecking bar.

Drew RedBear and Zeek like this.
  18. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

@esee so first there was the rat pack three, then the death to whiners 3, and you have your alumni esee 3. Will there be anymore special edition esee 3's? Unfortunately I missed out on the first 2 so I'm hoping so.

19. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I dont hate my job, i hate where job is.....just to clarify. Its a great job.

Zeek likes this.
  20. Black5

Black5 Member

I can relate. I like my job. I don't like being a geo-bachelor for the week.