Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Where you from?

Strigidae and Zeek like this.
  2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

:eek::confused::D:D:D

Zeek likes this.
  3. Hammer

Hammer Member

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

....NOT the NT ;)

Strigidae, Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

:p

Zeek likes this.
  6. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

My Henschel Aussie Breezer mesh hat arrived today. 4 days after I ordered it. Oddly enough it came from Kentucky, same as my Weber Carb......

but my hat only made 2 stops en-route to being dropped into my mitts......unlike the Weber, which took three weeks and made 89 stops vis 5 different courier companies.

say all you want about Amazon. It freaking ROCKS. Never had an issue. Made a return once , seller told me to keep the auto part and he would ship the updated version for free.

nuff said

Zeek likes this.
  7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

today is Carb Day.

no, not carb loading food for my epic hike this weekend........

nope.......time for some Wrenching on the BushTruck, with Dad looking on with a smile from beyond. WEBER carb install tonight & Saturday.

Dad always loved these Japanese trucks, due to their simple and bombproof construction. He used to say that Mazda should have NEVER sold to Ford and discontinued the B2000/2200/2600 series. Much like the Toyota Hilux, the old B-Series is indestructible. And cheap to maintain over DECADES.

In almost 30 years....i have spent less than $6000 (including the recent Weber and Pacesetter purchases)

JV3 and Zeek like this.
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Zeek likes this.
  9. Black5

Black5 Member

10. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Kiddos broke my recliner big time... SO I hid myself away in the garage for about 3 hours today and rebuilt and reinforced the heck out of it...
    Kiddos are now banned from my recliner !
    But it all works out thou because that means I don’t have to spend money on a new recliner and instead can spend it on adventures this summer. :)

Zeek likes this.
  11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

It was a good day today. I felt oddly spiritual and at peace while installing the Weber Carbon the 1990 Mazda BushTruck

the hands flowed smoothly with the tools. Everything that needed doing, was done methodically and with purpose. Clean install with attention to detail. Ran into a hitch or two, but methodically applied Dad's process of testing and eliminating. Had a few laughs at certain points, where Dad and I used to b**** about certain bolts and their locations, and how if you were not careful the bolts would disappear into the frame of the truck. I remember MANY times over the last 29 years , hearing those bolts drop with a clink into the frame as we used to work on the truck. Some of those bolts on that engine have been removed like 20 - 40 times by us. I know every bolt on the engine. I know which bolt got slightly rounded by a certain socket in Dad's tool box. And which wrench fits better than another of the same size.

About 6 hours wrenching today. The Carb install was easy, the removing of all the excess crap was the hard part....trying to figure out the maze of hundreds of vacuum lines and wires and connectors.

One of the local B&E drug addicts riding by on his stolen BMX, stopped right beside me as I was working, telling me with a smirk on his face thanks for fixing HIS truck. I've got him on camera 17 times B&E'ing into the BushTruck, Dad's Mazda, and my Sidekick/Tracker, this year alone. He was a little surprised when he flew off his BMX and landed on his back on the pavement very hard with a 36" breaker bar pressing on his throat and and the wind being pressed out of his chest by my knee. I was eerily calm as I informed him that this truck is my truck, not his, and that he will no longer be damaging it, breaking into it or attempting to steal it, and to stay off my block. Kid (he's gotta be about 22 at most, maybe 100lbs and scrawny, thin, weak from drugs, track marks and HIV blotches on his body) pissed himself and look ****ing terrified. I didn't care. I hope the lesson imprints on his crack addled mind.

I've seen pale people before. (Morgue Duty while working at VGH/UBC Hospitals). This POS was just as pale and got back onto his bmx and rode off without a word.

Gotta deal with a no spark issue, going to change the plugs, check the coil for output current, check the timing again, and testing the ignition module.

Getting gas flowing fine thru the carb and intake, spark plugs are wet with fuel, but no ignition. .

Tomorrow I may work on it, but i'm itching for Church Of The Woods. Specially hammering hard to the base of The Barrier to get some insane photos.

Zeek and JV3 like this.
  12. JV3

JV3 Member

man, that kid wouldn't be venturing a second time in my mostly filipino neighborhood untouched knowing his crappy history like that...a little fish sauce, garlic and white rice and there won't be much left of dna testing left over is all i'm saying.

i miss wrenching! that's the downside of having my engine'd toys all pretty much dialed-in...nothing else that's fun to work on aside from the normal maintenance stuff :(

13. Knifehunt

Knifehunt Member

I love my Martin HD35.:)

Bushman5 likes this.
  14. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Beginning of a new project. I had already etched it, but got bored so decided to strip and shine it up. Halfway done. 20190505_160113.jpg

15. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

alright @JV3 - need to pick your mind.....

Ignition timing is at spec (6 deg btdc), got brand new Iridium plugs installed, NGK plug wires are less than a year old, new Weber carb (preset at factory for the B2200 - install and drive). Getting fuel flowing thru the carb and into the intake and combustion chambers......engine cranks over fast but does not fire up (only had two times where i fired up and roared loud, but only for about 2 seconds.). Plug are wet with fuel and I can smell raw fuel out of the header (no exhaust system yet other than the header installed at this point). Still has factory compression ratio all, cylinders within 3 - 5 psi of each other (rings done 5 years ago).

can't check for spark (no one around to crank the engine while i hold a spark plug to the block to check for spark)

Coil? (Accel Super Coil) but doubt thats it....those coils are built Baja Tough and mine is not that old.

95% of people that install the Webers on the B-series trucks, simply drop them in, connect the hoses up and fire it up (carb preset at factory)

mine aint firing up

JV3, Zeek and Drew RedBear like this.
  16. Black5

Black5 Member

Welcome to my world. My baby Kubota has decided to tell me to go bugger myself.

Thought I had bad diesel...changed filter, drained lines and tank, bled lines and injectors. Hard to start. Acts like it runs out of fuel.
    And I only get to work on it on weekends when I'm in town, and Kubota parts closes at noon on Saturday.

Happy boy I am not.

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  17. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

bad diesel might have left diesel bug (scale sludge) thats clogging up the injectors. How long has it sat? (modern diesel starts going bad within a month now, not years like the old high sulphur diesel....)

Fill the fuel filter and lines with injector cleaner and re-prime.

Black5 and Zeek like this.
  18. JV3

JV3 Member

bad starter would be my first guess after making sure the battery is good.

Zeek likes this.
  19. Black5

Black5 Member

Zeek likes this.
  20. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Not happy with the outcome. I shouldn't have skimped on the sandpaper. I usually start at 200/240 and go up to 400,600,800,1000,1500,2000,2500 and finally 3000. I skipped the 200 and 600 and although it's shiny and somewhat mirrored, it could definitely be better. And of course I had to cut myself lol. Tis but a scratch :D 20190505_161259.jpg 20190505_181642.jpg 20190505_181655.jpg 20190505_183338.jpg 20190505_183755.jpg 20190505_183834.jpg 20190505_183909.jpg 20190505_183915.jpg 20190505_183935.jpg