Possible Glock "G43x" specs leaked.

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by C99c, Dec 20, 2018.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

And even worse I got a good deal on my G48 and can’t give it away. Kind of shows how well they have been received.

Kevo likes this.
  2. C99c

C99c Member

It makes a difference for petite females who want to dress normally while concealing, though. With women's pants being cut differently even a G19 sized gun makes an obvious bulge most of the time.
    I think that is where the G43x will really shine, females carriers. It'll also make for a nice NPE option.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  3. C99c

C99c Member

I lucked out and was able to sell both of our G48s without taking a loss because they still aren't readily available locally.

4. IW17

IW17 Member

I'm still not following the logic here. I get how a slim frame, single stack pistol would be easier for a woman, or anyone really to conceal. But it still doesn't address the issue of having the longer grip poking out, creating a more obvious print. That's why pistols like the glock 43, ruger lc9, etc are so popular. The barrel is generally inside your pants(iwb), horizontal or at a sharp cant. Lots of options to keep it out of sight. The handle is the one thing that always presents the problem when concealing.

Zeek and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  5. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

This. This is truth.

6. C99c

C99c Member

I'm not arguing that the 43x is harder to conceal than the 43, but sometimes it's worth the extra effort in exchange for a better, more positive and consistent draw. Everyone has their own situation and priorities. If ease of concealment is ones main priority then the new models really have no advantage over a 43.

I went from daily carrying a G19 to a G17 a few years ago because there was a noticeable improvement for me in draw time and consistency. It's slightly harder to conceal but the tradeoff is worth it for me (currently).

My wife dislikes the G43 over guns like the Shield with 8 round mag or the PPS Gen 1 with extended mag. The 43x she likes and her draw is definitely better with it than with shorter grip options. Plus you get 10 + 1 without resorting to any aftermarket mag extension s.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  7. IW17

IW17 Member

I certainly agree that the longer grip will give you more control on your draw. So if that's the case for someone, and they can conceal it, I get the appeal. I guess I've just never had an issue with the compact frame pistols and a pinkie extension on the magazine. So while the added capacity is appealing, the downsides just don't justify the few extra rounds and grip length.

Me, I'd rather see a 43 with a longer barrel. Slim profile, longer sight radius, but less printing issues. I'd rather sacrifice a couple extra rounds capacity for these features and just carry an extra spare mag. But to each their own I guess.

Zeek and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  8. C99c

C99c Member

I think that is probably currently the most requested Glock 9mm variant after the G19 with 17 length slide. A lot of guys I know who carry 43s were disappointed that the G48/G43x mags weren't compatible with the G43. As soon as the first G48 pics were released they had their hacksaws and Dremels ready.

The Marsh Gorilla and IW17 like this.
  9. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

I tried the G48 slide on my G43 frame to see how it felt. I thought that might be a good setup but the balance was way off. Felt awful. The G43X configuration felt awesome but as I stated previously the printing was too bad for me.

Yes, the G48 and G43 slide/frame were tested and approved to be mis-matched. I have spoken to a buddy that is a GLOCK armorer in the warranty department and he stated they knew folks would do it so they tested it thoroughly and gave it a thumbs up.

Kevo and Strigidae like this.
  10. Kevo

Kevo Member

I'll get a frame eventually once one comes up cheap.

11. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

I finally sold my G48 with GNS, 4 total mags, and a JMCK. All went for $550 which was about a $100 loss to me after shipping, FFL fees, a set of Talon grips, etc. Sucks but I'm not looking back. Gun felt great in the hand and it would be nice to have the longer sight radius and extra mag capacity but it just didn't work out for me as a carry gun. Can't win them all.

12. JV3

JV3 Member

i finally got to handle the g43x and g48 recently...the g43x's grip length is exactly like my g43 with the hyve +1 baseplate as far as i can tell so i don't think i'll be getting that one. i liked the g48 a lot but will have to do a rental along with the g19 to see which one i like better.

The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  13. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

I really see these new models not as ones to replace G43s for all us that have one already. I see them as an alternate option for folks who don't yet have a G43 but were hesitant to purchase based on the limited capacity.

14. Tashunka witko

Tashunka witko Member

To me the biggest advantage of the x over the original 43 is mag changes.

15. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

How so? Why is the X easier to change?

16. Tashunka witko

Tashunka witko Member

I trained with the 43 for around a year before switching back to my 19. I had hyve industry +1 extensions on mags so I had a 4 finger firing grip. Once you drop mag your holding gun with 2 fingers and trying to keep the other two out of the way while replacing magazine. I got decent but nowhere near as fast as a full size grip to start with. I hope this makes sense. Im also sure there are people that can do it just as fast. I have broken hand and my pinky doesn’t won’t to cooperate sometimes.

I would note that that is not the reason I got rid of my 43. I just couldn’t shoot it consistently. Always shot to the left.

The Marsh Gorilla and IW17 like this.
  17. rileybassman

rileybassman Member

Interesting reading all these comments - I have the 48 and am a huge fan. I had a 23 and have shot 19s... These blew it out of the water for me. I have small hands and it just fits perfect. I feel like it's a 19 alternative for small hndsh... That's how I look at it. It carries much nicer then my 23 did as well.

18. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

I agree the G48 felt amazing to me. I too have small hands. I wanted to make it work but the longer grip just killed it for me. I do agree it would have carried a bit better than my G19 but not by enough of a margin to give up the capacity and overall perfection of the G19.

I carry my G43 with TTI +1 extensions.

rileybassman likes this.