recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ThreeRidges

ThreeRidges Member

Me too. And I’ve been impressed by the reasonably priced ti stuff Keith turns out. Have a few of theirs, no complaints

JV3 likes this.
  2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Looks like that company (expedition research) has a titanium grill as well. Interesting!

JV3 likes this.
  3. JV3

JV3 Member

i like expedition research for light cooking only (hot dogs, kebobs, etc.). for the heavy duty cooking (like steak or cast iron) i prefer the purcell trench grill...it can span across big logs and much more stable so i can move stuff from coldest to hottest areas easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JV3

JV3 Member

mud! been a long time...we gotta make that canoe camping trip in the adirondacks with rb happen!

Mudman likes this.
  5. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Exactly what I was gonna suggest....something like this
    61kdbHI2NJL._SX425_.jpg

Drew RedBear and Hammer like this.
  6. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

What pan is that? I just bought a cheap coleman skillet and so far all I've read about it is that the coating starts coming after after first use....so I'm looking for something better

7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I like! Where do I get one of those?

8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

More camping/hiking stuff. 20190309_102521.jpg 20190309_102620.jpg

Zeek and Strigidae like this.
  9. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Search on Amazon for "rectangular screw ring "

Drew RedBear likes this.
  10. IW17

IW17 Member

Got our new dining room table set and server delivered. Things are starting to take shape. We're done with furniture finally. Only thing I need to do now is replace the trim and get a new front door. Then over the next few years we'll redo the bathrooms and kitchen.

Also got a new bed. The pillow top mattress was killing my back so we gave it to my fiancés daughter and we got a Lull memory foam mattress. Hopefully this does the trick.

IMG_20190309_125326.jpg IMG_20190309_125343.jpg
    IMG_20190309_201535.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Bcamos, Hammer, JV3 and 5 others like this.
  11. Zeek

Zeek Member

Looking good...

IW17 likes this.
  12. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Beautiful

IW17 likes this.
  13. IW17

IW17 Member

Thanks fellas. It's been a lot of time and money so far, but I'm happy with how it's going. Being my first house, that I own at least, it's nice being able to make it what I want.

Zeek likes this.
  14. JV3

JV3 Member

it's a bromwell 8" cold handle skillet. i have the 7" and 6" too and it was dirt cheap on ebay.

Bushman5 likes this.
  15. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

early birthday treats to myself :D

- Benchmade Jungle Clip Bowie bought from @Dagwood (knife stuck in Canada Post system, in snow storm eastern Canada) - bit of a sleeper knife that should be getting more attention....due to the balance, small size and sheer brutal chopping power.

- Chris Reeve Nyala bought from @Dagwood (knife stuck in Canada Post system, in snow storm eastern Canada)

- Kabar Mark 1 from @Reno Lewis - its stripped and modded and looks bad ass

- Winkler Operator from @Reno Lewis - Its a Winkler, its pokey, its been sharpened brain micro surgery sharp by @Reno Lewis < nuff said.

- Cold Steel Smatchet (South African made, rough finish) < i get serious giggles using this blade and its only $40 after taxes up here.

- 2 x High Speed Gear Industries 2019 model Canteen Pouches (multicam of course) - ordered by the Crew at Blades Canada (W&W) - about a week or two out.

- Aluminum stock for my dog/kick sled build - also got my coworkers GF (works on ski hill) to findme a pair of unclaimed X-country skis for the runners (free ;) )

- 6 liters REDLINE 0W40 synthetic oil (for the B4000 truck)

- three new NAPA Gold oil filters (for the B4000)

- 8 liters new coolant (for B4000)

a planned purchase is a universal coolant filter for the B4000....I noticed lots of sediment and scale when i drained the cooling system. Going to flush it soon with white vinegar and water and then refill with new coolant.)

and not really a purchase for me personally......well sort of....its the truck i drive all day..............work dropped $30,000 on a new engine for the 10 ton tandem axle Sterling tractor I normally drive. (I've been driving the anemic 50 HP ISUZU 5 ton hook lift mini bin truck for the last few months) . Engine in the Sterling Tandem axle had several injector tips blow off, causing non repairable damage to the cylinder bores/cylinder head - this was caused by dirty / shellacked diesel fuel trying to get forced thru the micron sized injector holes at 35,000 PSI....gunk started blocking the injectors, cleaner did not help .......this is why having polished fuel delivered or going to a frequent fuel turnover cardlock depot is so important.)

I get the Hwy Tractor back around March 20th. I am very happy to get it back....the Isuzu SUCKS - 10 km/h up hills with an empty bin..........very bouncy (its a cab over your right over the axle) turns in circles in tiny spaces though......unlike the big elephant Sterling hwy tractor.....LOL

also went to MEC and Blades Canada (W&W) today.....MEC was a bust - people had some issues with me for some reason.....so I left......and bought some really cool new stuff at Blades Canada to plump out the Canada Pass Around Box.

thats it for knives /gear for a while :D

going forward end of March thru the next few months.....JEEP TURBO from SasquatchParts . Its quite cheap in the US...(under $1000), but with the USD to CAD exchange rate, shipping, install kits etc....plus CBSA Customs/Duties is going to tack on about another $800 ......:mad:

but i want that jeep going........

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  16. C99c

C99c Member

I finally got to do some lengthy night shooting with the new x300 this weekend. It's great. I'm selling a couple of guns this week and will be ordering a second one.

I also played with a friend's EDCLT- 2 (Whatever it's called). I forgot how great the gas pedal switch is. Ordered one today. It's likely that I'll send it to one of the wizards at Candlepower Forums and have it modded like his is.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    JV3 and Bushman5 like this.
  17. Hammer

Hammer Member

+1 baseplates from Galloway Precision for the P225-A1

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Rick R, BigJake, JV3 and 4 others like this.
  18. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

M96 Swedish Mauser in 6.5x55 from cabelas, chose the nicest one on the rack, no import mark and very nice bore, blue and stock. Have a friend who collects these swedes and I have shot a few of his, im very excited to get out and put some rounds through it. Talked to him and did some reading before buying and seems like I made out on the better side as far as price.

Rick R, Zeek and Strigidae like this.
  19. Hammer

Hammer Member

Sweet! Let's see some pics when you get a chance.

Zeek and Backwoods Runner like this.
  20. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Definitely! It was a little bit of an impulse buy for sure but this is my first surplus rifle and I have been in casually looking for 6.5 swedish rifle. I'm gonna run it a little and see how it does, heck might take it out for deer next year! I know in Scandinavia they use 6.5 extensively for moose hunting.

Zeek, Strigidae and Hammer like this.