What size hardware for 6HM Group Buy?

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Kaw-liga, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

Hey folks, I am trying to find some hardware for my 6HM Group Buy. I was hoping @shaneadams90 , @Jeff Randall , or one of you crafty gents who make their own scales could shed some light for me. The set I've currently got in the works are slightly thicker than the originals. Does anyone happen to know the dimensions (size, length, thread pitch, head diameter, angle) of the little machine screw? If I could find some screws that are ~¼" longer I'd be GTG. I love this new two-piece hardware with the Torx T-15 head, BTW. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. IMG_20190305_191356969.jpg

ZeRo likes this.
  2. ZeRo

ZeRo Member

I’d like to know where to find some longer bolts as well. I tried to find some online and gave up. Ended up made my own 3 piece hardware set out of brass machine screws and stainless inserts, for some thick liners.
    I have never seen a screw head like it before. It’s like a hybrid flat head torx screw.

Kaw-liga likes this.
  3. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

IMG_20190307_205943518-01.jpeg
    I quit being lazy and went to a hardware store. The screw is an 8-32. I'm guessing by ¼". I found some 8-32 × ½" machine screws on the shelf, although they are hex head and don't have a black finish. They are interchangeable with the stock screws and will at least let me bolt on the new scales so that I can shape them. I'll shop around online and find some that match the factory hardware later. Take care, and if you happen to whip up a set of scales let us see them!

ZeRo likes this.
  4. ZeRo

ZeRo Member

No scales for this one only liners.
    Good luck on your scales that blue will look good. 04554036-4A77-493E-8D68-448614F076B8.jpeg

Kaw-liga likes this.
  5. Mike Perrin

Mike Perrin Administrator Staff Member

Fastenal would be the only place that might be able to help that I know of. All of our hardware is custom made and black coated so there likely won't be an exact match off the shelf. But I know you can buy black coated 8-32 screws there.
    Mike

Kaw-liga and Strigidae like this.
  6. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

Much appreciated Mike. There were a number of vendors that I sifted through and they were among them.