RTIC Coolers.

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by ManOfSteel, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

IMG_1820.JPG IMG_0848.JPG IMG_1009.JPG Just got my Soft Pack 20 in front RTIC. It showed up 3 weeks before it was even supposed to ship- only a week after ordering it it's on my doorstep. This little thing is awesome. It will pair nicely with my 65 cooler, 64oz bottle, and 36oz bottle. I figure it can compliment the 65 nicely. This weekend while in NY fishing I was using the 65 as base camp so to speak and then taking stuff out and putting it in smaller coolers and using the smaller ones for the day. This 20 will fill that role nicely now. Also, this thing has just officially become my new lunch box because the 36oz bottle fits inside it and that's THREE beers I can carry with no cans or bottles and they will stay frosty with no ice or ice packs necessary. More pics to come I'm sure.

Hawkeye5 likes this.
  2. Theo

Theo Member

Was looking a getting one of their softside coolers, looking forward to hearing how you like yours.

3. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

So far it's cool. I put 2 dozen ice cubes in my old ****ty hard cooler and then 2 dozen in my new RTIC and closed them for the night. The RTIC still had all the ice in it this morning and the old one (I believe igloo) had nothing. I'm sold so far.

4. JAD

JAD Member

I have had that RTIC 20 since May. It has walked out the door of my house almost every weekend, especially because my kids were borrowing it so much. I've taken it on multiple outdoor concerts and carried it with the shoulder strap, numerous car trips with it nested behind my seat for easy access, the kids have used it on 5 float trips and a couple of camping trips, and last weekend it was at my son's wedding just to keep drinks cold in our room.

I have done no cold testing and don't really care. I generally am using it for day trips and almost anything can get me through a day. But what I do like about it is its durability (very well made), versatility in ways it can be carried and secured (daisy chain, shoulder strap, top strap handles, and side strap handles), and inside loading. A full bottle of wine can be laid sideways on the bottom or nested with another bottle next to it.

This thing gets a strong recommendation from me.

Delkancott likes this.
  5. Theo

Theo Member

Checked the RTIC web site and they say if you order today they ship tomorrow on all the softsides.

6. JAD

JAD Member

I pulled a few pics. One of the things I did was added a lanyard pull.

[​IMG]

And I dedicated a SAK so that it stays in the front pouch of the cooler (see above photo). This knife has everything I need to survive an afternoon at the winery no matter what it throws at me. :D

[​IMG]

7. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

That's a great idea @JAD I'll likely throw a SAK in mine as well along with a notepad and pen in the mesh pouch.

8. JAD

JAD Member

I hooked it on with one of those S-carabiners, slip it in the pouch and then zip it closed.

[​IMG]

9. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

I've had mine for a couple months and use it every work day as my lunch box and I love the thing! It holds all I need for a 15 hr workday and keeps it COLD the whole time! Best everyday cooler I've ever had, and I've gone through many coolers over the years.

10. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

15 hour work day?! I don't work that much in a whole week!

fmrranger and Boker55 like this.
  11. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

Slacker! :D

12. Expat

Guilty. I'm not a big fan of work.

Like Travis McGee, I take my retirement in installments.

fmrranger likes this.
  13. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

Ha, I'm not a big fan of work either, simply a slave of circumstances!

14. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I'm loving mine. 10hrs on the bridge with the ice machine miles away means I need something that works and this thing delivers. That 36oz bottle fits so perfectly too and kept my Yuenglings ICY today. It fits plenty of food too I guess.

fmrranger likes this.
  15. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I knew it! I knew you were an old cat !

16. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

IMG_1829.JPG
    I got a young cat. His name is Julio.

Bushman5 likes this.
  17. Expat

Im 43. Is that old?

18. JAD

JAD Member

Depends, do you fart dust?

19. rab.ii

rab.ii Member

I for one was disappointed in the cooling abilities of my Soft-Pak 30, The first 4 day trip it was on I had to refill the ice 3 times. I like the build quality and features, but the insulation was disappointing. For the money and wait, I expected better

20. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I can only speak from very limited experience with mine. I don't open it very often so it's been keeping ice just fine. I put a 7lb bag in yesterday with some drinks and food. Haven't opened it since yesterday at all. I'll check when I get home how much is left. I'm hoping there's a good amount left inside of it.

rab.ii likes this.