How far did you walk/run today?

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by Zeek, Feb 17, 2018.

1. evilunclegrimace

evilunclegrimace Member

I went to the garage and back 4 times today and i am worn out:rolleyes:

2. Zeek

Zeek Member

I know how far away your garage is... that's gotta be at least 8 miles !!!

3. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

6.5 miles Tuesday. My personal best for 45 minutes on an elliptical.

4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

2 mile run. 1 mile walk.

DYSPHORIC JOY, SEMO and Zeek like this.
  5. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

1 mile run/jog. Did my first 8 min/mile run and wasnt really puffing all that hard. Like it.

DYSPHORIC JOY, Zeek and SEMO like this.
  6. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Sub 7min miles. That is impressive for someone your size. Great work.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  7. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

Thanks! I’m streamlining pretty decently, down to 245# from 263# in mid February. I’ve shortened my run time for now while my son’s down and he’s working out with me since anything past 20-25 minutes starts to bother the knee he had surgery on.

Datilite and Zeek like this.
  8. ny700

ny700 Member

0C38A640-85A6-4E9B-A48C-3B3A334420C7.jpeg 75F0A586-F73B-489A-90F4-5E657593CF66.jpeg Call it a planned Mid-Life crisis, but I turn 40 this year. And like many I’ve let my self go from fit, to sluggish, to out of shape , to endangering my future.

I decided I need to take back control and stop making excuses ( thank you jacko willink) but withbout a real target I know I won’t stay on the path.

So back at the end of November I decided that i would commit to make the Mammoth Sniper Challenge for 2020. That would give me 13 months to prepare.

For those not familiar it’s a three day shooting competition. It covers 30 miles of rucking with all your gear (about 60lbs). Camping out at night and shooting stages between rucks. It’s intense and a very lofty goal.

So I’m about 8 weeks into training. I’m down 10 pounds and my strength is up and endurance is climbing.

Discovered a fun way to get my heavy rucks in with the help of my daughter

Turns out she is about the perfect weight.

So hopefully this journey is a success and the very least it’s sure going to be interesting.

9. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Started running on a treadmill at the gym again on January 1st. Been going twice a week. My new year's resolution is a local 5k run in mid-May. Last year in May I was running 6:50 minute miles however I'm at about 9 minute miles now... Guess that is what happens when you don't keep with it during the summer/fall.

Zeek likes this.
  10. shivermetimbers

shivermetimbers Member

I wish I could run, it’s a great way to vent. My knees are soup-sammiched from running in GI work boots (not my idea) and a nasty dirt bike get off in Idaho that left me with a torn meniscus. These days I scout/hike with my wife and beat up the elliptical at the base gym.

Recently, my wife asked for a mountain bike. To be honest, I really liked the idea and got us both bikes. I used to be an avid dirt biker/trail rider, so it made sense. Man, I really like it. The first couple of rides left me gassed. Riding a peddle bike is harder than I remember. Excellent cardio and the intensity is pretty high. Plus, it beats doing cardio in the gym, staring at a strangers butt....not that I do that. Decision making on line choice, how to negotiate the terrain and you get to see the sights.
    2A597155-EC8F-422D-BD67-820FCEF8DE5E.jpeg
    9FB26B1D-2C07-4EB0-8CB0-98E6DD97D07C.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Datilite, Bushman5, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  11. Reno Lewis

Reno Lewis Knot-A-Challenge Champion

I got sick a few times over the winter (even ended up in the ER), and I got really sedentary and put on more than a couple of pounds.

But, I've been out for 5-10km walks every night (uphill half way), eating better, hydrating a lot better, and I'm seeing positive change.

I'm down nearly 15lbs in two and a half months, cardio is a lot better, and I even dropped a pant size.

Downside to that is my belt is now loose and I've only got one pair of pants that fit, lol.