More CC Fraud on eBay?????

Discussion in 'Counterfeits and Fakes' started by Jtallen83, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Disk4mat

Disk4mat Member

Its a shame. I opened my ebay account when I was hunting down used Buck knife. Wanted one in particular. Long story short, when searching for other USA made knives I found Esee. Bought my first E3 from 5Col on ebay. Then from Tactical Intent. Both great dealers, 5 stars all the way.... Sadly ebay is where I began and Im thinking now to just go to the vendors web site instead. I dont want a repeat of what happened.

There are very legit used Esee's for sale on ebay. I would hate to damn those people because of the few crooks selling new ones.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  2. Joshua Fields

Joshua Fields Member

This saddens me for more than just knives. I buy and collect records. Rock n Roll Merchandise, camping gear, jewelry, and other household stuff om Ebay and I have to say since reading what you mentioned if perhaps I have not acquired some stolen merchandise. After all it is not hard to make a bogus sales receipt and not include the victims info. I started Ebay in 2000. I am disgusted with hearing this. I am even wondering if some are not buying fake knives on ebay and doing auctions as the legit thing making a killer profit? I hate to damn legit businesses on Ebay also but at the same time I have to cover my ass and the thought of possessing stolen merchandise and the victims credit and personal info could possibly land you some prison time or legal troubles even if you are innocent or unknowingly buying hot stuff. Not knowing does not usually hold up well in court.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  3. Joshua Fields

Joshua Fields Member

Anyways Disk4mat I have already shut down my Ebay account and I only buy clothing and books off of Amazon from businesses. Now that I think about it one time a few years ago someone on Ebay or paypal did hack my bank account and swipe $100. I did get it fixed a few weeks later but I never linked my debit card to paypal again and quit using paypal. I never once had that issue since I quit paypal and just used a gift card or a debit card.

4. Disk4mat

Disk4mat Member

Josh you are exactly right. Not knowing wont go far in court. Im concerned some what because if anyone investigates the matter the first conclusion they would come to, is the receiver must have stolen the credit card. Now prove you didnt. You got the goods. Was shipped to you... I documented everything and saved all pages and info as PDF's just in case.

Just as an update the guy has sold 3 more of those knives.

As for Paypal, luckily you got things straightened out. Ive not had that issue but have had cards stolen. Between thiefs, counterfeits and clones its really best to deal with a reputable vendor or store. Amazon I havent had any problems and rely on reviews to weed out the garbage.

5. Knifehunt

Knifehunt Member

Wow, this is so sad. it's amazing how you can get scammed these days. I now stick to buying from known reputable dealers, or people on this. I'm sure if someone here saw a counterfeit here in the classifieds that they would report it right away. I hope so anyways.