Flu Shot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flex, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

Anyone ever get the flu shot and feel like crap the next day..

I've been getting the flu shot every year ever since I got the flu one year, but this years flu shot
    has made me feel horrible and now I have to go fishing :)

Zeek likes this.
  2. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

This years seems extra potent... Didnt make me feel to bad but my arm was really sore for about a week! ( normally only a day or 2)

3. Zeek

Zeek Member

Yeah... you don't need the flu shot bro.

Willow likes this.
  4. Hammer

Hammer Member

I've never had one.

Not that I'm some sort of "anti-vaxxer" type (far from it, actually) but knock on wood - I haven't had the flu in a long, long time.

5. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

That's the conclusion I have come to. Never gotten real sick after one but after many years of skipping it I can't say it ever really made a difference. Good diet and hygiene seem to do more for prevention than anything, that and just staying away from people ;)

Zeek and Flex like this.
  6. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

When I got knocked down from the flu a few years ago it was some serious sickness and I was in good
    health.
    I think I would rather feel a bit off for a couple of day VS being super sick for a solid week.

7. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Worse case of flu I ever had was a month after a flu shot so no guarantee it will work.

Flex and Zeek like this.
  8. Datilite

Datilite Member

Flex, this year no ill effects but in years past I have had reactions like yours. My wife had some soreness in her shoulder this year. The last time I got the flu, I was sure death was approaching but my witch doctor said I would pull through and I did, but man I was sick!

9. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

Haven't gotten a flu shot since I was a kid and ended up sick at least once a month for about 6 months.

I'm not some huge anti vaxxer but I also have a hard time believing that a multi trillion dollar industry has your best interest in mind

Zeek likes this.
  10. olderguy

olderguy Member

Got mine Friday-I never seem to get any side effects and the Dr. says move the shoulder around and you won't have a sore shoulder. Also have to get the higher dosage one due to age. I'll continue to get it every year I'd rather avoid the flu and the doctor bills.

HelRaiser likes this.
  11. Kevo

Kevo Member

I haven't gotten the shot this year yet, but I sure as heck will be. I got the flu last winter and was knocked out of commission for over a week. Ended up needing IV fluids at a hospital that was sending people away because they were full up of flu patients. That experience has me definitely wanting to hedge my bets against a repeat performance.

HelRaiser and Flex like this.
  12. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

It’s not worth the risk to not get one IMO... Out of neccasity I have received more vaccines then I want to think about. I have also been exposed to more sick people then I want to think about. I spend part of a day at the loca hospital 12- 15 days per month (for work) and I see to many sick folks and sadly sick kids... Even if it’s only partially effective it’s still worth it to have that much less of a chance to get sick...

Datilite likes this.
  13. evilunclegrimace

evilunclegrimace Member

Getting the shot not only protects you but also protects the folks that you interact with especially the very young and the elderly. I believe Florida just had an unvaccinated child die from the flu.

14. Willow

Willow Member

The more one learns about herbal plant medicine the less you are to depend on modern medicine to treat common and easily treatable infections. My mother (78) used to get the flu shot every year as directed by her doctor. Every year she would get flu symptoms and had a lingering bronchitis that the doctors could not cure that went for months. She got so bad one year that they were about to hospitalize her because the doctor was afraid she was going to break ribs from coughing so much. After exhausting every Rx they gave her she finally agreed to try my Elderberry Syrup. Within 3 days her cough was under control and she hasn't had a flu shot or bronchitis in 4 years. This was on TOP of her being on Prednisone, a severe immune suppressant steroid for RA.

Keep this in mind. Your immune system is designed to first encounter infections through your eyes, ears, nose, and throat (the mucus membrane). That leads to your stomach and on to your intestine where 70% of your immune system exists. Your body was not designed to have infections going directly into the blood stream. That usually leads to septicemic infections which is why you irrigate and disinfect a cut on your skin. I prefer the body learn the natural way through the stomach and not bypass the majority of your immune system with an intravenous shot.

My theory, is that even though the shot is giving your body a "dead" or inactive virus, some people's immune systems respond to the presence of a potential invader as if it is alive because your body detects a foreign agent. So maybe that is why some people have reactions to the shot and sometimes they don't.

Zeek and Klynesquatch like this.
  15. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Last flu shot was when i worked healthcare. About 20 years ago. Was always off for a week plus after the shot,barely able to move.

No flu shot in 20 years. Only got the flu once thanks to the ex gf’s germy spawn.

Haven't had the flu since then.

I’m with Willow on this one.

Zeek and Klynesquatch like this.
  16. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Just boils down to doing what you feel is right.

RocketmanDane and Klynesquatch like this.
  17. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

That's awfully sensible haha

RocketmanDane and Zeek like this.
  18. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

I try to be emotional but sometimes i cant.

RocketmanDane and Klynesquatch like this.
  19. DirtySouth

DirtySouth Member

Best advice ever. It really is that simple with the choices that we make in life. You do you, and I'll do me...

RocketmanDane and Zeek like this.