Water bottle

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by Flex, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

What water bottle are you guys using?

I'm kinda of a hoarder when it comes to water bottles...

I have Nalgene, Camelback, Hydroflask, Klean Kanteen and Tekeya.

Lately I been using the GSI Microlite and its excellent and I just ordered a Zojirushi to compare.

Looking for light weight, no sweat, no gulp/chug and retains ice.

2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

British Pattern 58......

nuff said..

edited to proper description

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    The Marsh Gorilla, Kaw-liga and Zeek like this.
  3. junglebum

junglebum Member

Heavy cover titanium ... nice canteen

Kaw-liga and RedEyedHog like this.
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

it’s just Pattern 58 (no SAS) mate.

I have a bunch of those, a bunch of Aussie made bottles in the US style, a bunch of US bottles and the 2 litre square ones. About a dozen South African 2 litre bottles, some Nalgene bottles, some camelbak bottles (these are my most used as they live in my work sedan and on my desk) plus an assortment of odds and ends. Dehydration kills more here in Aus than about anything else ;)

The Marsh Gorilla and Kaw-liga like this.
  5. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

I pretty much just use the stainless steel Nalgene. The regular not the tapered. Since it has the Nalgene threads I have a water filter that screws on and I have found lots of nexting options. I just wish they made a lid that added the feature of a drinking straw like a water bladder.

Kaw-liga likes this.
  6. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

60DA0AEE-DB6F-4135-AEF4-59E3AF463D5C.jpeg 64oz Rtic

The Marsh Gorilla, Kaw-liga and Zeek like this.
  7. olderguy

olderguy Member

I pretty much have developed into a Camelback fan. Love the ease when driving or biking to use the flip up with the built in straw.

8. martin_j001

martin_j001 Member

I'm a fan of my HydroFlasks. Did just pick up two of the nalgene canteens to try out with my HPG packs though.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  9. Caleb O

Caleb O Member

I mostly use nalgene and klean kanteen. Been thinking of picking up one of the Heavy Cover ones though. Honestly for the last couple months I was backpacking every day and just used a couple Smart Water bottles. They were extremely light (a lot lighter than a nalgene) and I was able to screw on a water filter directly to the bottle; allowing me to fill up quick and keep moving (20+ miles a day takes a while lol).

The Marsh Gorilla, Kaw-liga and Flex like this.
  10. Jeremiah Jones

Jeremiah Jones Member

Klean kantean, another cheep stainless bottle and a couple mil surp plastic canteens.

11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

ah, i was going by the description when i bought it....lol

I also have the Kleen Kanteens, and the Nalgene Tritan Canteens (love those - bombproof).

Got a couple PLATATAC 1 liter flask bottles coming in from Australia, and am debating throwing down the coin on a Heavy Cover titanium canteen.

12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Mate, I have maybe a dozen of those Platatac 1L bottles (they are actually ‘decor brand - what most school kids here had in their lunch box growing up ;) ). I really like them. Not as HD as other products but they pack in pouches well and do the job, they are also reasonably cheap !!

13. Mudman

Mudman Member

Currently a cheap Ozark Trail (yeti ripoff) SS bottle. It's on the heavy side, but works good. I had a Hydroflask that I loved, but accidentally dropped one day and damaged it. Hydroflask offered to replace it, but I never got around to it.

Like my Heavy Cover canteen for cooler days, when I don't want ice cold water.

Other than that, nothing beats the Nalgene's for me. Also have their canteen, but disappointed at how thin they are. I've got several other water bottles, but can't recall off the top of my head.

14. RedEyedHog

RedEyedHog Moderator Staff Member

Heavy Cover canteen. Expensive and it can be a pain to pack in some backpack pockets but overall very versatile and all but bulletproof.

15. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

I've spent a small fortune on water bottles. I always go back to the plastic Nalgene. I've used several stainless steel ones but the nalgene works better for my lifestyle. I don't like boiling water in my water bottle since I use it everywhere from my desk to hunts to hikes. I don't like having a sootee water bottle. I think it's like any other gear, you have to find what works for you. Lexan nalgenes aren't as fashionable around the conference room table, but they are cheap, light, and work great in most applications. I love the silos for hikes.

16. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

Got a new bottle today, the Zojirushi 20oz, it also fits perfect in the TB Synapse 25 :)

Compared to a few other bottles...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KnOeFz, Kaw-liga, Zeek and 1 other person like this.
  17. HelRaiser

HelRaiser Member

[​IMG]

These are the bottles I use. I have two Yeti 36oz Ramblers, a Klean Kanteen 40oz, a Nalgene 32oz bottle (a little bigger actually) and a Nalgene 32oz canteen.

If I'm throwing water into a day pack, I'll grab my Nalgene/s just depending on how long I'm going to be out. If I'm planning on making a fire I'll substitute one with my Klean. I love it, it's got dents from concrete and everything else and has never even hinted at a problem.

When I work, or if I've got yard work or something to do, or just feel like being a delicate soul and putting on some pumpkin spice incense I'll grab my two Yeti's. I've had them keep ice for 10 hours in 95F heat and only realized it when I went to clean out the bottles a few hours after I got home into AC. They're lifesavers in a Texas summer.

18. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

Using a hydro flask and nalgene hdpe right now but my next bottle will without a doubt be a pelican

Flex likes this.
  19. Willow

Willow Member

I have several Contiga brand bottles from Walmart that I use a daily around the house basis. I have a 1-liter plastic Nalgene in my kit that I use for camping and a US GI canteen set that I use for hiking. I'm also looking at getting the Seychelle Extreme water bottle.

20. 480 RUGER

480 RUGER Member

I use the Nalgene Oasis bottles a lot. I keep 2-3 of them in the freezer about a quarter full of ice to keep the water cold when I use it