NarCan Kit, BC Canada Version

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by Bushman5, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

This is the current issue Narcan (Naloxone) kit for Opioid users, family of users, persons who may come into contact with Opioid users (job sites, street, Security officers, concerned citizens etc. ) It is Free in BC and most of Canada. To get one you visit a local pharmacy after taking the on-line course (free, about 10 minutes, with online certificate) and inform the Pharmacist that you may come into contact with an opioid user . The kit is free. This is the second kit i have received, the first was used on a jobsite, treating a cash/day laborer who had arrived under the influence of Opioids and collapsed on site.

20180405_210955.jpg 20180405_211016.jpg

these are AS IMPORTANT as carrying a TQ, as far as I'm concerned. (Esp living in Ground Zero of the Fentanyl Crisis).

next week a LEO i know is teaching me how to administer to Canines, Felines, and Equines who may have come into contact with Fentanyl.

JohnGer, BlueDogScout and HelRaiser like this.
  2. indulf

indulf Member

interesting that they give out the IM versions instead of the intranasal MAD units. cops around here carry the intranasl setups, only EMTs / medics have the IM version.

i'll never forget the first time i saw someone pull a lazarus after some narcan. watch out for the barf :)

3. Menace

Menace Member

Used my issued kit at an overdose just a few months ago. Went something like:

User: what happened?
    Me: you overdosed
    User: awwww man, that sucks

JohnGer likes this.