Netflix recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jlowrance, Sep 16, 2016.

1. ArguableLobster

ArguableLobster Member

Things banned on esee:

1. Family friendly TV shows with black characters
    2. Facebook Giveaways.
    3. Stephen Hawking

Not Sure, HelRaiser and Reno Lewis like this.
  2. VaughnT

VaughnT Member

My statement was clear a spring water. The original story line is cannon. Adding a black character to it is was beyond the pale, so to speak. It was pure PC garbage, just like changing things to turn a loving family into some distraught garbage and changing the rest of the story. There was zero need to add a black daughter, the product of a previous marriage.

You don't have to like it, but that doesn't change the fact of the matter. They changed 90% of the storyline, violated cannon at every turn, and for what?????? It's not like you can say there was something wrong with the original story, after all.

3. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

Both of you need to knock it off before this gets locked.

Opinions and assholes....

Stone and shaneadams90 like this.
  4. VaughnT

VaughnT Member

Don't blame me. I shared a thought about a show, just like any of a thousand others have already done. Then someone had to pull the white knight routine.

5. Redbear

Redbear Member

And you are who to me? I stopped replying fyi until your rude comment. And excuse me for speaking up against a racist prick. If your life is that sad you depend on a Netflix thread then....

6. Redbear

Redbear Member

So you have a problem with a person of color being on the show. Calling it garbage so therefore black people are garbage, correct or incorrect? It has nothing to do with the story line, you made it a point to mention race.

7. Mudman

Mudman Member

I just started watching "lost in space" and like it a lot so far.

RaggedEdge likes this.
  8. ArguableLobster

ArguableLobster Member

How do you feel about them making the robot black?

:rolleyes:

Flex likes this.
  9. Mudman

Mudman Member

Now now....

What I will say, is Netflix has been doing really well with their releases. Lots of good shows lately. I don't watch the news, so it's nice to catch a series when I get home, and have a late dinner.

10. Seanoin

Seanoin Member

New season of Better Call Saul is up.

Also, to add to the malarkey:

11. VaughnT

VaughnT Member

You're the only one displaying hatred here. His post was spot on and polite worded, yet you call him rude and me a prick?

This is what I was talking about when I mentioned reading comprehension. You ache to find some racist comment you can rally to, so you intentionally misrepresent what I said and can't even conceive of the notion that you might have been wrong in your initial assessment. What part about violating cannon don't you understand? If one of the characters was made blue, wouldn't you wonder why they decided to make one of the characters blue? What was wrong with the way the characters were from the beginning? What was the motivation behind that decision? Have you even watched the show? Are you familiar with the original show? You were wrong to scream racism, plain and simple.

12. VaughnT

VaughnT Member

How is that show? I've been meaning to check it out, but always seem to forget. Not sure what to make of the description it gives on in.

Just got done going through all the Longmire series. Hate to see that show end, but I guess they pretty much ran through everything they could. Now I'm on the hunt for something similarly good.

DiscoveryLover likes this.
  13. IW17

IW17 Member

Longmire was fantastic. It's really a shame to see that one end. I rarely say that about shows.

Redbear, DiscoveryLover and VaughnT like this.
  14. Hammer

Hammer Member

Currently watching "Frontier" on Netflix. Not sure there's much about it that could be called 'historically accurate,' but it's entertaining enough.

15. DiscoveryLover

DiscoveryLover Member

If you liked Longmire, check out the movie "Wind River" with Jeremy Renner on Netflix, if you haven't already.
    It's similar about being on a reservation.
    Plus you get to see people laid out with a .45-70.

Drew RedBear, shaneadams90 and IW17 like this.
  16. IW17

IW17 Member

I really can't get interested in this show. Its right up my alley, but it's execution is just not working for me.

17. VaughnT

VaughnT Member

If you like extraterrestrials, I definitely recommend Beyond Skyline and Revolt.

BS was very well done in terms of effects and whatnot. Kind of reminded me of the older style of doing movies where they didn't use a ton of vulgarity and gore. It's family friendly, to a point. Maybe a bit disconcerting for younger kids, especially the scenes on the harvesting ship (super yuck!), but it was generally good. The final fight scene was pretty dang awesome!

Revolt was less gory, by far, and takes place 100% in Africa. Made for a very fun watch since the scenery is so different compared to what you normally see in a film. Had the feel of Independence Day with Will Smith, but was different enough to keep you interested to the end. The effects aren't as good as in BS, but they were still decent. For the record, if aliens ever do attack earth, I'm writing off africa. Can you imagine having to fight aliens while also watching your back for lions, hyenas, leopards and whatever else is out there!?!? :O

IW17 and DiscoveryLover like this.
  18. Rick R

Rick R Member

My wife and I watched all the Longmire seasons twice, then Battlestar Galactica.
    Wind River is a great movie if you like Longmire. We both liked Hell on Wheels which is on Netflix, set in the post Civil War West.
    We watched two episodes of Lost in Space, neither of us are impressed. The mother is a bitch, the father needed to grow a pair and dump her before launch.
    I think Altered Carbon is a great show, my wife lost track of who is wearing what body.
    Frontier is OK, I’m looking forward to the new season. In the same vein, HBO has a show called “Taboo” set in early 1800’s England that’s a pretty good watch.

DiscoveryLover likes this.
  19. DiscoveryLover

DiscoveryLover Member

I thought Revolt was decent. Definately different.
    I was debating whether to try Beyond Skyline. I'll give it a shot.

20. VaughnT

VaughnT Member

That "sleeve" idea really made it interesting, didn't it!?! :D

If you were okay with Revolt, you won't have any problems with BS. It's every bit the equal, and maybe a little better.

Rick R and DiscoveryLover like this.