pouch for my izula sheath .

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Paul Dengel, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Paul Dengel

Paul Dengel Member

thought I woukd do a more stressed looking Altoids tin for my pouch ;-) 20180304_154431.jpg 20180304_155638.jpg

2. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

It looked distressed. This post made me pull out my ESEE pouch yesterday and bolt it onto my laser strike. Then I had to put my fire kit in it. I could get everything comfortably into the tin so I used an esbit tri-wing stove pouch and attached a few things to the extrernal elastic but I got it done. I think I want to add a dangler to it haven’t decided yet. This post has been great. If anyone wants photos I can post but didn’t want to derail since it’s not on my izula...

3. Paul Dengel

Paul Dengel Member

please put pics mate .

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  4. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Here you go...

Here is the setup as of now;
    E9AA3B6F-9A42-405C-AA8C-E9F1269CA748.jpeg

On the back I have the orange ESEE nylon back,

1000C4A7-BD32-4272-A529-3C83C028BB28.jpeg

My only frustration is even though I ordered straight from ESEE the holes didn’t line up bunt a little paracord helped, and a good place for the washer/screw driver,

E046A295-08AF-4B67-A160-97277DEF27F3.jpeg

In addition the the TKC scales I added thier Fire Steel loop and an exotac firerod held on with bungee cord and a cinch bead,

FB04E9F2-B903-4B40-A938-050583BC3680.jpeg
    5E1F5F9C-C473-4281-A680-4007AB462D6F.jpeg

Strapped to the outside of the pouch is an exotac match case, I keep tinder and fire starting material dry in here, currently tryingbtonder tabs,

D8D88349-1963-4954-A451-192D9A496BDC.jpeg

This is what I have shoved in the pouch itself...

C941FB9A-B29F-4603-BE5F-F84696996FC6.jpeg

I have a SAK bushcrafter in orange of course, a tru nord pocket compass, cotton bandanna material and my esbit triwing stove pouch fire kit,

1060B56C-C56B-4F18-A8D1-13D4C8132C57.jpeg
    81391EA8-6B20-48A3-9A8B-60FD0449D48D.jpeg EEBB7AB7-F464-4AC8-89C0-1C67E945712C.jpeg

The contents include the ESEE firesteel, exotac spark and nanostrike XL, baddest bees pocket bellows, a brass pencil sharpener, a vargo titanium whistle and a kobalt thumb screw driver kit.

The Marsh Gorilla, Kaw-liga and SEMO like this.
  5. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

In addition I plan on addind a belt loop to this. I wasn’t a fan of the nylon backs upper portion I plan on use the one in Molle strap on the bottom;

E0788718-2E8D-478D-A3F6-64DF463035C7.jpeg

and this;

0F094192-125A-44BB-A843-52EFCC65BBF8.png

To add a loop. The hardware is a 2” to 1” reducer so I’ll use 2” nylon webbing and lift the dot fasteners to make the loop. The hardware and the nylon will be orange of course. You guys will see with my gear that I get color and brand loyal.

The Marsh Gorilla and Kaw-liga like this.
  6. Paul Dengel

Paul Dengel Member

looks great mate,your mainly carrying fire starting gear ? I've got a lighter under the Altoids tin ,matches and ferro rod in the tin as well,fatwood,tinder , I've got a craftsman 4way screwdriver,basic fishing kit,sterostrips,antibacterial wipes,plasters,cordage,button compass,zipties,small led lenser flashlight. I did this as a set up I could grap in a emergency ,singly or add it to my backpack,I could remove the tin and add my leatherman wave or xe6 plus room left for lighter etc .

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  7. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Yes I just have my fire kit. I’m more on the primitive camping/bushcraft side of things. The skills are the same for survival but I’m less worried about a bug out situation. I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere not a mega city. I have a hobo fishing rod with full kit that slips in a cargo pocket and a tin first aid kit that also goes in a pocket. Same for my flashlight and paracord. But for me the biggest thing for survival is a fire. It can keep you warm, get you dry, cook food, or even boil water with out a container. (Water pit and hot stones) I do like the all in one kit idea but I always feel I’m missing something that would make my life easier in the wood one way or the other. I think it was George Washington Sears AKA Nessmuk who said, I’m paraphrasing, we don’t go into the woods to rough it, we go to smooth it. Prepping/survival is what mankind did for centuries, the skills are the same.

8. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

I have read elsewhere that the white metal pencil sharpeners are are made of magnesium. One of those would give you another fire option.

Nice setup.

9. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

I haven’t heard that, worth looking into! Thank you for the advice and compliment

10. SEMO

SEMO Member

Southeast MO, Mississippi River Bottom flatland
    Nice kit!! I will have to refer back to this later. Great job putting it all together.

11. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Thank you, when I make the belt loop I’ll post that as well.

12. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Just came to me I didn’t include the contents of the handle on the laser strike. I have the Ferro Rod and tinder tabs that came with it and 1 ESEE arrow head.

13. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

You may wanna get something a little more brightly colored. If you dropped that in the woods you might have a hard time finding it. :D Jokes aside, nice setup man. I love orange too.

14. Paul Dengel

Paul Dengel Member

Great stuff guys ,my old molle pack lasted over 4yrs ,just got a new one,a Mik-tec like my old one,this is my daily pack and contains plenty of gear . 20180305_125818.jpg 20180305_132813.jpg

15. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Thank you, yea I don’t worry about losing my gear or being seen. I think it’s more terrifying to see me coming then for me to ninja up... lol

Nice looking kit! Looks like you cover all the bases. What’s in that tin with the ranger band by the power cords? I’m a tin and pouch junkie lol love oks like a great size.

Kaw-liga likes this.
  16. Paul Dengel

Paul Dengel Member

lol me to mate,it's my drawing stuff,pencils,ruler,rubber,

17. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Gotcha nice tin!

Paul Dengel likes this.
  18. Paul Dengel

Paul Dengel Member

Flask and thermos I carry . 20180305_174519.jpg 20180305_174527.jpg