stern defense MAG-AD9 9mm adaptor AR 15

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by BULLYBOY13, Feb 13, 2018.

1. BULLYBOY13

BULLYBOY13 Member

I was wondering if anyone seen, heard or have the stern defense 9mm adaptor "MAG-AD9" that converts your AR 15 into a AR 9/40 and shoot 9mm or 40 S&W. the adaptor uses glock magazines and is a plug and play with a 9mm or 40 S&W upper where there is no modifications to your lower receiver and has the last round bolt open hold "LRBHO". the only downside is the price tag of $179.99 for the adaptor where some dedicated 9mm lower receivers cost the same or less.

https://getstern.com/

[​IMG]

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  2. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

I’ve never heard of this one but it’s not a new idea.

I have several thoughts about pistol caliber carbines. They need to be light and short. IMO a 16” 9mm ar-15 is just too over weight too be useful. If I am getting something that’s rifle sized, I want it to use a rifle round. A SBR would be a be my choice for an AR-15 in a pistol cartridge.

I own a Beretta cx4 and a Marlin 1894c. The Beretta is short yet not NFA and it’s very light. The marlin is short, a little heavier but balanced perfectly. It also shoots a more powerful cartridge.

I don’t want to discourage you but there are trade offs. Stuff to think about.

Bcamos likes this.
  3. BULLYBOY13

BULLYBOY13 Member

no I'm good I'm looking into a pistol build and just deciding on a 5.5 or 8.3in barrel because anything over 10in in a pistol caliber would be overkill and defeat the purpose of a pistol caliber rifle.

koolaidnd and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  4. stickman

stickman Member

The question of cost becomes less of a concern when quality comes into play. For example, the cost may seem high compared to some of the bottom end company 9mm lowers, but if it works well and I can use it with my existing SBR lowers, it is fantastic.

BULLYBOY13 and The Marsh Gorilla like this.