New Harley

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Expat, Jul 30, 2018.

1. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

I'll ride your Cast off RT.....

that African Twin is cool....dig the KTM version too....but the GS Adventurer still blows my skirt up.

2. Hammer

Hammer Member

Ye Olde Flying Brick. What a piece of machinery that was. Ahead of its time, in some ways, aesthetics not necessarily being one of them.

Always thought they looked a lot better nackt:

[​IMG]

shaneadams90 and Strigidae like this.
  3. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

They all look cool to me. Dont know anything about motorcycles but always wanted one.

4. shaneadams90

I've always been a fan of BMW/s.....whether Airheads or Oil heads.......I had a buddy that had a K100 I was very fond of...

the R90/s is what started it for me!!
    IMG_0350.jpg

Some how @Expat 's Harley thread has turned into a BMW thread.

5. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

As it should be. Many a man wised up and went to BMW from a Harley.

The /5 does it for me:

3-The-Complete-Book-of-BMW-Motorcycles.jpg

Although, if I can get a few more cleavers sold, this new baby will be in my garage:

bmw-rninet-scrambler-4x3.jpg

I just don't know if I want it in that color, or the patriotic theme:

BMW-R_9_T-Urban-Enduro-GS_Ohlins_Bm640_Fork-Springs_Cartridge-Kits_NIX_FKS_211.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  6. Hammer

Hammer Member

For me is was the R80 GS. First time I laid eyes on one of these, I was about 13 years old, and it lit the fire like no moto I'd ever seen before. My mind began to dream of all the possible places you could take a bike like that....and I knew someday I'd have to have one.

[​IMG]

In '03 I bought a barely used 1150 GS off a guy I used to guide moto trips for in Alaska. Used it for "work" for the rest of the season, then picked up my soon-to-be fiancé in Whitehorse, we rode it to Calgary where she smartly got on a plane to Toronto. A week later and more mind-numbing Canadian flat prairie and Tim Horton's stops than I'll probably ever recover from, I arrived to meet my future in-laws for the first time - wet and bedraggled from 12-hour days of riding in the rain all the way across Manitoba and Ontario. I then rode back across the U.S. to Cali, stopping off to spend 5 days wandering all over the backroads of southern Utah. From there up to Wyoming for a summer of work before riding it to Vancouver Island to get married. And then we rode it all the way back down the Hwy 1 to Santa Barbara before heading to Chile to work for the next 8 months (but that's another story...).

Still have that bike, though I barely ride it anymore, for a variety of reasons. The new ones sure look nice....

[​IMG]

Strigidae and Delkancott like this.
  7. shaneadams90

Seems to me like we need to start a BMW Thread....

That Bumblebee was always cool to me too @Hammer !! and I'd ride either of those dual sports @Expat

There is something about how an airhead moves when stopped at a red light...unmistakable...

On another note, I remember the first Buell I ever saw as an Arctic white Thunderbolt at a dealership in Chattanooga....I watched the salesman roll Beautiful and sexy bike out side to "let him hear it" and when the guy cranked it up it was awesome.....until I noticed that it looked like it was going to vibrate off the side stand....after a few moments of idling the ride side mirror actually fell off the bike and onto the ground and shattered....That bike left an impression on me....

Years later I almost both a Ulysses.....but then I remembered...

8. Stewart

Stewart Member

Thats the best post youve ever made.....

9. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

..... :D :D Only because it is based in so much truth !!!!!!!!!! ;)