Watch modifications?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by Mudman, May 16, 2019.

1. Mudman

Mudman Member

Hey Guys,

I was curious if anyone here does watch modifications? I know there are several timepiece enthusiasts, but how about folks that like to add a little pizzazz to their watch?

Namely it was Seiko variant of watches that caught my interest, I've seen a lot of people doing complete rebuilds on them like they are legos.

If you do, please share. =)

2. olderguy

olderguy Member

I got a G-Shock for my birthday last year and switched to a NATO strap and added a bull bar for face protection. Not sure if that qualifies as modifications. 20190516_074503.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Mudman likes this.
  3. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

The most I've done is make a Zulu style strap using Milspec 17337 webbing. It's leaps and bounds better than the standard nylon ones sold online.

Mudman likes this.
  4. olderguy

olderguy Member

Yup the so called resin strap drove me crazy !!!

Mudman likes this.
  5. Mudman

Mudman Member

Factory rubber straps tend to be uncomfortable. But luckily there's plenty of other manufacturers offering silicone/soft rubber straps.

6. Rich275

Rich275 Member

I had an older model Luminox with a metal case, that I really screwed up trying to give it a brushed finish with my Dremmel. I later used that watch to trade for some restoration work on a Seiko to IWW.
    On other watches I've had a couple relumed, and some custom dial work done, but have never tried to take anything apart myself. I'm always that guy with leftover parts after putting together a new BBQ.

Strigidae and Mudman like this.