EPIC Summer 2019 Gear GiveAway CONTEST!

Discussion in 'Survival and Wilderness Skills' started by Bushman5, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Your all gonna have to WORK HARD for this one if you want to enter this Giveaway. :confused::D Cuz I'm working hard driving/wrangling the 600HP / 1200lbs of torque Diesel Beast to make the money for the Prize!

Contest is open to all Earth Members. Bonus points and prizes if any Astronaut makes a shelter on the Moon. :D

Contest starts NOW, Closes August 2019. This give you all plenty of time to get out into The Church Of The Woods and practice skills.

RULES FOR THIS GIVEAWAY:

- Photos must be date stamped! photos must be dated between April 17 - August 31st 2019) NO OLD PHOTOS! << us judges will KNOW!

- You are HIGHLY encouraged to work on this contest with your children, spouse/BF/GF or friends who have little outdoors experience - Fun and Learning is the goal here.

- One (1) entry per person/family/friends (however if you need to make multiple posts (due to 20 pic limit per post), thats allowed. (all your posts will count as ONE (1) entry) contest winner determined by name draw or possibly forum voting

- Fun and Learning and getting outside into the woods is the goal here - use any and all the gear you want, take LOTS of pics, but also try to use your woods skills too........again lots of pics! food pics too!

TO ENTER: (pay close attention to details here) 1: Go on a hike, (Day or Overnight or Weekend). 2: Build a shelter*** (lean to, debris, wikiup, pit shelter, woven branch fancy shelter, stealth/hidden shelter etc), and sleep in it overnight or use it in the daytime, 3: PLUS a fire pit (ring, dakota, or if there is a fire ban show your camp stoves in use) , 4: PLUS demonstrate flint and steel, firesteel, friction fire skills (all three), 5: PLUS demonstrate knife skills and make a feather stick, and a Figure 4 trap, 6: PLUS make a improvised water filter and show it action (sediment/debris filtering only --- please treat the water afterwards for your safety ), 7: PLUS demonstrate some navigation skills using paper map and compass, and last but not least - 8: meal prep/cooking /drink photos and action photos after a day or three of fun. ( *** if you are limited in mobility, handicapped or unable to sleep overnight in a trad shelter, you can use a tent etc, but try to show some shelter build skills if you can - your entry will not be rejected due to any physical limitations)

THE PRIZE! worth about $250 cad

- one (1) ACEBEAM LC30 GEN2 4000 lumen flashlight (multi mode), one (1) ACEBEAM Green glass screw on filter, one (1) ACEBEAM Red glass screw on filter, one (1) extra ACEBEAM 21700 Li-Ion 5100 MAH battery. (all brand new, bought by me after contest closes, from colonelmustard.ca I may add on more loot as the year goes on. ;)

Possibly another prize from a local gear vendor too! (stay tuned!)

BONUS PRIZE!

I will figure this one out over the next few months....but if you take a person out who has no or limited woods time I nto the woods , and who is Autistic (all spectrum's) /Handicapped (mobile or wheelchair bound), Downs-Syndrome, Military Veterans, PTSD afflicted folks, low income kids/adults, other etc, I will work out an additional mega prize . Everyone should get to experience the woods. NO ONE should excluded from outdoors fun due to mental, physical, or any limitations or otherwise..

It would be super awesome if Vendors here (or even Esee) donated prizes for this awesome contest/giveaway ;)

Contest starts NOW! :)

GO

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

You never cease to amaze me bushy

CeeFried and ASH like this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

no interest???? too cold still for camping? :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  4. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Very generous of you Bushman!

Great idea to get people outdoors this summer and practicing some skills!

I can give some of these a try this summer but not sure if I will get them all in. I doubt I could get a bow drill to do anything...

Bushman5 likes this.