Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Delkancott, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Sam

Sam Member

Been lurking here awhile, made a few posts though . I find the site entertaining as well as informative. Lifelong hunter, fisherman, backcountry traveler. Worked most of my life on foreign going cargo vessels ended up with unlimited Masters licence. (Canadian Master Mariner certificate) poked around the 3rd world quite a bit. Spent my leave on extended hunting fishing trips. Working now as a sea survival/ marine firefighting intructor at a Marine College here in Newfoundland Canada. Take the fall off every year to keep the freezer full. Enjoying the forum. Dont get the fuss about sheep though :)

Bushman5, Stone, Redbear and 6 others like this.
  2. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

3. ArguableLobster

ArguableLobster Member

4. Zeek

Zeek Member

Reno Lewis and Klynesquatch like this.
  5. LoH_Mobius

LoH_Mobius Member

Hi I'm Brett. I seem to like breaking etiquette in places that I go. (Yeah I posted a For Sale thread before this...)

I got a BK14 first and then wanted to rest of the deal. I've since moved on to an Izula, candiru and now a Junglas. I believe there to be no middle ground. Go with a small manageable piece of steel or go gigantic!

I primarily use my knives camping or for around the house chores (cutting up wood for the stove, cutting up cardboard, cutting up drywall). I also tend to keep a nice fixed blade on my at FIRST Robotics events that I volunteer at. They really help in maintaining the field after the robots trash it.

My other hobby is historical reenacting. I usually portray Militia from the American Revolutionary War. I tend to freelance at my local museums when they need a hand or a musket.

Stone, Bushman5, Reno Lewis and 4 others like this.
  6. SC864

SC864 Member

Hello all , Checking in from Upstate SC in the Clemson area , into hiking and backpacking the local areas in Shining rock and Middle prong wilderness , Linville Gorge and the Foothills trail . If anyone in the area wants to meet up and hit the trails shoot me a message .

Stone, Bushman5, Datilite and 2 others like this.
  7. ArkansasGuy

ArkansasGuy Member

Hey, guys. New guy here.

I just bought an Esee Izula and thought I'd join the forum. I avidly follow a few others.

My jollies include running, weight lifting, Krav Maga at which I'm a total novice, combat handgun (Glocks), urban survival, and I love God, family, and country.

That seems like an adequate intro!

Stone, Black5, Bushman5 and 3 others like this.
  8. Zeek

Zeek Member

Sounds good to me... welcome!!!

Datilite and ArkansasGuy like this.
  9. Freeborn Man

Freeborn Man Member

Hey, I'm Matt from SE Indiana near Louisville, Ky. I haven't really been a knife guy but I've owned several less expensive knives over the years. Many moons ago on a gun forum I belong to, I asked about a good knife for my cousin that he could take to Afghanistan. Hands down the ESEE 5 was recommended. That is how I learned about ESEE knives.I went to a gun show and bought the knife and the MOLLE attachment from a direct dealer to give him as a deployment gift. Turns out, he didn't go, dropped out of the military and became a troublemaker. I kept the 5 but haven't used it and plan to stick it in my EDC bag.

Lately, I have had the itch for a fixed blade front pocket carry for EDC. Unfortunately, I'm a little too robust for appendix or IWB carry LOL. I am torn between the Izula II and the 3.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Matt

10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Welcome to the Chaos!

I can wholeheartedly endorse the American Varietals, ESEE Izula2 , for front pocket carry.
    ( ^ taken and adapted from John Wick2 :D )

Stone, Datilite, Redbear and 2 others like this.
  11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

hey I think @McKROB is in your neck of the woods! drop him a message! (oh and welcome! )

Stone likes this.
  12. Zeek

Zeek Member

You mean John @Zeek Wick2... :cool:

Datilite likes this.
  13. Zkaizen

Zkaizen Member

Hello
    Zkaizen here from Western Australia, just bought an ESEE 6 Dark Earth through a Massdrop campaign. Love the knife, love the company, this knife has the privilege the the first in my collection. Cheers

Bushman5, joe27, Stone and 4 others like this.
  14. Kjk

Kjk Member

I bought an esse 5 earlier this year. One of the best knives I have have seen

Datilite, Redbear, Zeek and 1 other person like this.
  15. Kjk

Kjk Member

I'm Kevin,

Bushman5, Stone, Delkancott and 3 others like this.
  16. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Welcome!

Datilite likes this.
  17. Dcycleman

Dcycleman Member

Hey whats up, my name is Dave. I've been around the esee forums off and on since the bf days. the site no longer recognized my screen name and it had been forever since i had logged on anyhow, so with a new post count i figured id say Hi.

Stone, Strigidae, Datilite and 4 others like this.
  18. Dagwood

Dagwood Member

Welcome to the circus

Dcycleman likes this.
  19. junglebum

junglebum Member

Hey Guys it's been a while, was on here a ton on the old forum. Moved back to the USA last year from South Asia. Kinda weird not being surrounded by Jungle and bamboo but had to do what was good for the family and for the pocket. Looking forward to get back into the Catskills and Adirondacks.

Bushman5, Stone, Datilite and 3 others like this.
  20. Tomsk

Tomsk Member

Hi,

I am from England, so all slip joint, gun ragging should be referred to me directly at all times.

I'm here because I've seen great results from using an ESEE knife, but have been reluctant to post as it is the model that so many people are down on, including the esteemed gentleman who once referred to it as a "boat anchor" [great idea]. I think his name is Jeff?

Anyway, took the family out to do 'proper camping' on the Welsh borders, and used the....

ESEE 5!!!!!

And so did my son. And he loved it. And what a great knife for making fires. I was really surprised. I put a 20 degree either side bevel on it with a Woeksharp, inevitably slightly convexed, and it cut feathers off a stick that were astonishing for such a brute.

It also hammered through seasoned wood and still continued to cut beautifully. Damn, that 1095 is well tempered. I had read so many disparaging remarks about this knife, I had been wary of commenting. But after properly using it, rare in my country to *create* the opportunity, it is superb, and that is worth saying.

Yes, for sure, the 5 is overkill, but I like overkill a lot. It is a surprising knife.

Tom

Stone, Datilite, Delkancott and 2 others like this.