The Bushman Chronicles!

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by Bushman5, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I was thinking cut it to size........epoxy it and form it over a waxed blade...........(waxed so the epoxy doesn't stick).

Fire Hose Sheath Co.

2. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

I think you should try that to see how it works out.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

GOOD FRIDAY LONG WEEKEND - EPIC OVERNIGHTER, Tembo-Tusk Skottle Brai cooking, wilderness....

stay tuned....

:)

THE KITCHEN SINK OVERLAND TOUR!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. Dagwood

Dagwood Member

You could probably just soak it in wax and form it. That way you could use it for multiple knives. Just heat and reform

The Marsh Gorilla, Theodore and Zeek like this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

April 14/15th , Sunny/Rainy, "THE KITCHEN SINK TOUR", SKOTTLE COOKING, CHILLING, DRINKING AND EATING, HANGING WITH A BRO

NOTE: this trip was all about the food......lots of food pics.

Loaded up the Jeep with 500 lbs of gear, food, drinks, knives, multicam gear and hit the SEA TO SKY hwy with a Bro. For job safety and security reasons he and his vehicle and gear cannot be shown. We hit the CHANCE MAIN FSR and attempted to get up it to The Little Cabin In The Woods. NO such luck, insane amounts of icy snow still covered the FSR, So we retreated back down and to another location. Set up camp and relaxed.

[​IMG]

Both of us had skipped breakfast so i broke out the TEMBO-TUSK SKOTTLE and whipped up some chicken wraps

[​IMG]

chicken with RICKS HEAT HUB spice mix

[​IMG]

mixed peppers, onions, and a ton of fresh pressed garlic juice. BY the time i took this photo we had both chowed down on two wraps each....lol

[​IMG]

burp....

[​IMG]

well fed, I broke out the tiger torch and dry wood and got a fire going. Set up the camp chairs and cracked open a Howe Sound Raspberry Jam Cream Ale

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

only fitting it was served in a raspberry enamel coffee mug...
    [​IMG]

gear shots: 1520 Pelican Case, with a Level 2 BC FAK and a full GSW Trauma Kit

[​IMG]

BATTLE SYSTEMS M.P.I.L. (Marker Panel Individual Lightweight) sold by ITS TACTICAL , shown in forest with snow on ground. Damn bright.

[​IMG]

hitting the SOLAS tape with a LED flashlight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

camp security....the rat trap alarm was not firing off the .22 RamSet blanks, so i resorted to good ol pennies in a can , suspended in front of the kill bar on the rat trap. Trip wire across the road. DAMN LOUD...lol

[​IMG]

got three of these 3.5 L cans from the scrapyard, primed and painted them blue, and got new decals. Kerosene is for my 4 DIETZ #80 HURRICANE LANTERNS.

[​IMG]

KITCHEN PANTRY ((large FRONT-RUNNER WOLF PACK), loaded with staples. canned food, dried food, spices, coffee, tea, mocha, olive oil etc.

[​IMG]

nearby terrain. Moss covered rocks everywhere.

[​IMG]

found signs of a big cat.....well scratched cedar tree, mountain lion prints in the muddy trail, spoor, and later that night (fri), the glowing green/yellow eyes and tawny fur of a medium cat perched high in the trees. And this gnawed leg bone with melted cat print next to it (Hand sized)

[​IMG]

more

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  6. Zeek

Zeek Member

Nice pics... some of the best.o_O

7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

night fell quickly and I whipped up some garlic butter sauteed prawns .....wee little ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    with onions.

[​IMG]

Some more beer, HOWE SOUND TROLLER BAY ALE

[​IMG]

couldn't let the 1/4 lb stick of garlic butter go to waste, so i fried up some cracked black pepper sausage smokies, and wrapped them in 7 grain wraps filled with cheese.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bedroll set up in front of the hot banked alder wood fire

[​IMG]

pale ale to wash all the butter down.

[​IMG]

knife and fire pron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

oh i'm glad you like them. :)

9. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

Is that thing a self heating wok?

The Marsh Gorilla, Bushman5 and Zeek like this.
  10. Zeek

Zeek Member

I never saw pics of the wild sheep of Canada before...

11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

more LATER

12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

single burner propane stove (Coleman) heated. Its BAD_AZZ!

YOU NEED ONE. YES YOU DO......

13. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

nice pictures Bushy. Man that food looks good. you going to leave a big sign in the woods like that cat. ha ha :(o_O:) just funning !

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    The Marsh Gorilla, Bushman5 and Zeek like this.
  14. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

15. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Entire area from Squamish to Pemberton BC is an old volcanic area. The area we were in had ancient volcanoes set in a single giant volcanic collapsed bowl. Basalt rubble everywhere. Area is declared a non inhabitable rubble zone by Defense Engineer's.

Some info on the area

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garibaldi_Volcanic_Belt

That photo above is typical of the area.....huge piles and fields of basalt rock covered in moss.

played around with the NiteCore flashlights for a bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

250' tall beast

[​IMG]

fire hot

[​IMG]

Buddy and me BS'ed until about 0100 hours and then he turned in, sleeping in his truck. I piled alder onto the fire and lit up some BriarWorks Old South Virginia pipe tobacco and finished off the last of the Northwest Ale. Pulled the heavy canvas tarp over me (@Andy the Aussie would call this a "swag") and slowly baked and roasted . Yea there are ember holes and spark holes in the sleeping bag...don't care, its the truck sleeping bag, its old, warm, and it was free. I have yet to pay for a sleeping bag. Get em free when international travelers or campers leave them behind. Quick fumigate and cleaning, and put em into service. When they get to dirty or full of spark holes, toss em.

[​IMG]

view from the Swag

[​IMG]

selfie...lol
    [​IMG]

last view i had before HYPNOS gently closed my eyes, was drifting alderwood smoke rising up and touching the night sky, full of stars.

lights out. Slowed breathing, heart rate, progress into first stage of sleep. Non Rapid Eye Movement, body stasis, slow progression to REM mode.

and then

TRIP SWITCH - click. This is the closest to the sound i heard in my mind as I was about 45 minutes into sleep.

Dream State. Fragments. Places. Events. People. Animals. History. Strange. Odd. Weird. Loopback.

0250 hours wake up and change sleep position. Stars in new pattern, Owl soundlessly passes overhead, a dark shadow barely there,but for a few fleeting seconds. eyes briefly open, then closed again.

Deeper into the sub consciousness.

Neurons firing, pathways repairing, Deeper into Dream World. Short, long, intense, dark, foggy.

wake up again, new star patterns. Brilliant night sky. Owl hooting. River gurgling and babbling, Trees gently swaying to and fro in the gentle embrace of the night wind.

sleep again, 3rd time. deeper and deeper into the subconscious. The dreams intensify, fast burst clips in HD , yet they are only seconds long.......yet, long.

click - REPAIR COMPLETE

wake up , the fire is just hot white ash. Night has left and Day has returned. Sun has risen.

[​IMG]

I got up and stretched, stoked the fire and for a few minutes, I try to remember the dreams, the intense vivid dreams. Cannot explain why I only dream when out in the forest, and not at home in the city. Nor can i explain why the dreams are many and vivid and intense..... Perhaps the forest is home and I have it all wrong.

Only dream i really remember in fragmented fragments , was wandering a long hall and entering a room with shadowy figures on the sides of the room, and a wall of glowing numerical and alphabetical symbols. And then a room with a table bathed in light. Some familiar faces, ex GF, , and me extending palm and pure white light coming from my hand and she disappears. Then sleep again, Nothing else.

-------------

make coffee. Buddy is not a coffee drinker. We joke about this. Dude eats Subway sammiches and pudding cups left right and center, but has an aversion to coffee.

I take the SILKY SAW and fell an alder tree, drag it back to camp. Cut and pile it on the fire and lounge for a while.

Buddy and I lounged around,building the fire up, venting about work, I played with the new KABAR DOGS/HEAD blade I got from @Reno Lewis , damn that blade is sharp. Had it stashed under my Swag while sleeping, along with bear spray.

around 1100 hours I made some Bush Hash...no not THAT kind of "hash" ...... but cracked black pepper sausage, Canadian pea coated back bacon, spuds, onions, red/yellow/green peppers , garlic and spices, topped a generous heap of mixed shredded cheddars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we chowed down and then squared away our gear. we had planned to do some shooting, but we were too close to the highway (400 meter rule here) , and honestly Bro just wanted to get out of the city and vent and be in the forest.

more

16. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Packed up and headed back towards Vancouver. On the way I wanted to checkout the stolen vehicle dumping grounds i found a while back.

commercial truck is gone, burnt out car still there, more garbage still there. Stolen pickup still there. Bro secured the rigs and gear while i took a portable radio (we always have comms when we're in the woods) and scouted the area out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after documenting the area again (4th time) , we headed back to the city. Bro had to work and I had to take care of my cats, who are really attached to me and do not like it when I'm away (even though they area cared for 110%)

thats it, thanks for watching.

fin

EDIT: the commercial truck is not gone,,,,,,the thieves have been back and stacked rocks andlogs and got it unstuck....now it is further down the hill, beside the creek. Even MORE garbage now....

no response from the RCMP. Over a month and a bit now.

17. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

rarest of the rarest of those Ovis Aries sluts. The wild ones are hardcore, leather pant wearing sultriness, almost goth like. The kind of girl that will destroy you socially with her disdain for you, but secretly she is a freak in the sheets and wants you to dominate her.

:cool:

18. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  19. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

I'm not sure I can believe you have Facebook?!?!

20. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

April 30/2017. Sunny. Rainy/ Hail. Mostly sun. "Dog Walking, Burn Bag Session, out of control car and a tour of Cheakamus to Pemberton BC"

Loaded up the Jeep, hit the Sea To Sky HWY and checked out the new Conroy FSR / CHEAK REC sites, 40 plus KM, past Squamish. The Conroy FSR is popular with rock climbers, and always busy in summer. Used to be a bunch of illegal campsites, so the Gooberment finally got its act together and built 30 new recreational (rustic) camp sites in the area. Well Done BC!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

once past the climbing area, I locked the jeep into 4WD and slowly clambered the big elephant up the rocky FSR. The road levels out fairly quickly, i just like the low gears to reduce strain on the engine. Low and slow, thats the way to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

relocated the pencil beams last night, planning to add a couple tubes on top of the bumper.

[​IMG]

rubble field, one of thousands around here

[​IMG]

big mossy rocks.

[​IMG]

bigger rocks with bigger trees

[​IMG]

rain clouds moving in

[​IMG]

vast. Its hard to explain how large these are. Thats 4 mountain ranges and valleys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sunny again.

[​IMG]

pulled into a little area I sometimes camp in. Had two large boxes of old documents, papers mail etc. Burn Bag Session!

[​IMG]

let the diesel soak into the box for a bit and then used the UST lighter to ignite it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Walking the "DOGS" . Had my SCRAPYARD SOD (SON OF DOGFATHER), SCRAPPER 6 and KABAR "DOGSHEAD" blades with me. Forgot to take knife pics...lol

Lunch was from @Stone 's neck of the woods. (I think?)

[​IMG]

hail

[​IMG]

used the Silky BigBoy to cut some bone dry jackpine firewood. The smell was amazing

[​IMG]

view from the big rock

[​IMG]

SOD splitting wood

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.