LENSLIGHT Flashlights Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by GaryMc, Sep 12, 2016.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

My LensLight Collection, all but the copper are Triple Aught Design Editions. Small lights are single CR123 called MINI's, larger lights are 2xCR123 called KO's. Still on the hunt for a polished titanium KO TAD edition and a copper MINI to complete my collection. Just a warning the copper one is heavy as hell, the titanium is light and is my favorite. All of these are rotated and carried regularly with absolutely no issues to date.

I love these lights. There are no light reflectors, they utilize a Patented Focusing Aspherical Lens System allowing you to focus in extremely tightly on items in the distance but still provide for a good flood light when focused up closer. I still carry my Maratacs some just due to their small size but these have become my go to lights that are carried most often. The Black and Tan lights are aluminum bodies, then the copper KO, and a polished titanium MINI. Fair warning, these are expensive lights but the build quality is outstanding and warrants it in my opinion. If you are looking for a highly focusable light able to pinpoint an object at distance, these are one of the best options out there in the market today. Chapman/Leonard Ent., the parent company deals with lighting in the movie industry, they could not find a highly focusable light on the market to meet their needs, that led to the development of the LENSLIGHT product line as a new innovation in lighting.

These are Made in the USA.

These specific TAD versions and the copper KO are all sold out at this time however the Aluminum versions of both the KO & MINI are available on the LensLight website. Their titanium versions on their website are also currently sold out but their is a notification option for when they return to stock if you create an account. They also have a 3xCR123 model currently available. Striker heads are available for purchase for most models separately. There are also Striderized models out there on the secondary market.

[​IMG]

In the next two shots you will notice the lack of a reflector and can see the aspherical optical glass lens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

STATS FROM LENSLIGHT'S WEBSITE: http://lens-light.com

LENSLIGHT KO:

Output (Lumens): 440 (High) 5 (Low)
    Length: 5.2 inches
    Bezel Diameter: 1.06 inches
    Material: 3 Options: (1) Titanium is 6AL-4V (Machined from billet DFARS 6AL-4V Titanium bar stock), (2) Aluminum are 7075 Aluminum, (3) Copper
    Runtime: 2.2 hrs (High) 60 hrs (Low)
    Batteries: 2x CR123 or RCR123 batteries

1) High Impact Hardened Optical Glass Lenses – protects the LED from the toughest of conditions and diligently bends the light much like a magnifying glass to ensure maximum brightness, distance, and efficiency. But don’t let the durability of a glass lens fool you, these lenses have been vigorously tested and designed to withstand excessive abuse while retaining optimal performance.

2) Patented Focusing Aspherical Lens System – This patented technology allows for a significant array of focusing options ranging from a flood to spot beam. This ensures that the perfect focus setting is available whether you are concentrating the light hundreds of yards away, or simply lighting up an object nearby.

3) 3-Materials available: Titanium 6AL-4V- domesticaly sourced aerospace grade titanium. DFARS certified. Aluminum models in black or tan are 7075 Aluminum. Copper.

4) McClicky Momentary Activation On/Off Switch – This reliable easy to use tailcap switch enables the LensLight Mini’s 2-stage microprocessor to power the flashlight at either an efficient low setting or high output level for maximum brightness. Simply press down once for low setting, press again for high setting, or simply press all the way down for constant-on.

5) Light Emitting Diode –A premium exclusive high-tech, high-efficiency LED is used to emit astonishing power that is untouchable by any other light. This everlasting LED is sure to exert enough luminosity to stop any and everything in its track. Now that’s what you call an LED!

6) Premium Grade O-Rings- LensLight Mini contains 6 strategically placed O-rings throughout the flashlight to seal and protect the lights internals from dust, moisture, and any other micro-substance that it may come in contact with. This ensures that the LensLight performs at maximum efficiency at all times and your investment last a lifetime.

7) 2X CR123 Batteries – powered using two CR123 or RCR123 batteries.

8) Titanium Pocket Clip

LENSLIGHT MINI

Output (Lumens): 330 (High) 5 (Low)
    Length: 3.85 inches
    Bezel Diameter: 1.06 inches
    Material: 3 Options: (1) Titanium is 6AL-4V (Machined from billet DFARS 6AL-4V Titanium bar stock), (2) Aluminum are 7075 Aluminum, (3) Copper
    Runtime: 1.5 hrs (High) 50 hrs (Low)
    Batteries: 1x CR123 battery

1) High Impact Hardened Optical Glass Lenses – protects the LED from the toughest of conditions and diligently bends the light much like a magnifying glass to ensure maximum brightness, distance, and efficiency. But don’t let the durability of a glass lens fool you, these lenses have been vigorously tested and designed to withstand excessive abuse while retaining optimal performance.

2) Patented Focusing Aspherical Lens System – This patented technology allows for a significant array of focusing options ranging from a flood to spot beam. This ensures that the perfect focus setting is available whether you are concentrating the light hundreds of yards away, or simply lighting up an object nearby.

3) 3-Materials available: (1) Titanium 6AL-4V- domesticaly sourced aerospace grade titanium. (2) DFARS certified. Aluminum models in black or tan are 7075 Aluminum. (3) Copper.

4) McClicky Momentary Activation On/Off Switch – This reliable easy to use tailcap switch enables the LensLight Mini’s 2-stage microprocessor to power the flashlight at either an efficient low setting or high output level for maximum brightness. Simply press down once for low setting, press again for high setting, or simply press all the way down for constant-on.

5) Light Emitting Diode –A premium exclusive high-tech, high-efficiency LED is used to emit astonishing power that is untouchable by any other light. This everlasting LED is sure to exert enough luminosity to stop any and everything in its track. Now that’s what you call an LED!

6) Premium Grade O-Rings- LensLight Mini contains 6 strategically placed O-rings throughout the flashlight to seal and protect the lights internals from dust, moisture, and any other micro-substance that it may come in contact with. This ensures that the LensLight performs at maximum efficiency at all times and your investment last a lifetime.

7) 1X CR123 Battery – powered using only one 123 A battery.

8) Delrin Pocket Clip

[​IMG]

These are pricey but fantastic lights and I think their quality is absolutely top shelf. If you are interested please check out their website. Thanks. Gary

rickdarris2004 likes this.
  2. sneakypete

sneakypete Member

Thanks for your review and insight. You have a sweet collection! I'd love to get my hands on a copper version. And to top it all off made in the good old USA!

GaryMc likes this.
  3. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@sneakypete Thank you Sir and I love that Made in the USA too, these are built like tanks!!!!!!!

4. rickdarris2004

rickdarris2004 Member

One of the minis is still on my short list. I had one a few years back, and hate that I got rid of it. It was a great light! Love the coppers as well, even though its heavy, I love the material! Great review

GaryMc likes this.
  5. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@rickdarris2004 Thank you Sir, the MINI's are my favorites.