ESEE stickers

Discussion in 'Counterfeits and Fakes' started by Strigidae, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

2. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Thanks for the heads up. Been looking for these.

3. Dougmau

Dougmau Member

4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

I'm not on ebay all that often or know whats legal or not. I figured Mike would make the determination if we ride on it on not. Maybe its already been posted. Beats me. :)

5. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

Pretty sure the 1st listing is a fake/copy. Every patch Or sticker I've seen has Randall's Training & Adventure or Jungle Training Forum across the top header. Can't remember one with "Death to Whiners" on both ends.

6. Dougmau

Dougmau Member

IMG_0006.JPG
    They all are he Sales. They look like been printed of a office printer.

anrkst6973 likes this.
  7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

whats in that screw top container? I need containers that size...

8. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

So they are fake? With Esee's copyrighted logo on them? Mike? Jeff? Is this where we get the command to "Sic em!" ?

9. Dougmau

Dougmau Member

Looks like seeds came in it. It has fire making materials that someone sent in it.

10. Dougmau

Dougmau Member

Yes they are fakes. He some how blocked me when I ask why he was selling them. LOL

11. Mike Perrin

Mike Perrin Administrator Staff Member

I sent him a message. Here's the deal with selling stickers. If a guy sells one or two we generally don't say anything. But when several ads pop up selling many stickers then I give fair warning that I will notify U.S. Customs of a trademark violation. There is a guy in Washington state that sells ESEE Knives on Amazon that throws all the boxes away and ships the knives in the plastic bags. We have a few dealers that do that to save on shipping. But this guy was also selling all (many) of the ESEE stickers on EBay . Had to threaten him to get it stopped. You cannot use someone's registered trademarks for profit in commerce. You can give it away but you cannot sell it.
    I've told a few guys to stop on Ebay and they get indignant like I am stomping on the little guy or something. But they didn't bear any of the work, time or expense to gain that trademark from which they are profiting. Mike

12. Mike Perrin

Ok so here's the details on the guy selling the stickers. He sent me a message saying Jeff gave him permission . Well Jeff did but sell at cost. $5.49 and $4/75 each clearly puts it in the profit making category.)) Now he has blocked me on Ebay and won't respond.
    This is the old saying "No good deed goes unpunished." So John or Denny at wvcutlery is a turd in my book. Here's the actual email Jeff sent him a while back.:
    "
    New message from: wvcutlery3367 (4,918Red Star)
    Mike,

""John, we don't have a problem with is as long as they are sold without profit. In other words, whatever the actual cost is to you is what you sell them for. We don't allow profit making on any of our logos. We also have to protect our logos since everything is trademarked so we have to have a license agreement with you to do this. So, the process would be, send us a quote from your maker on the costs of these. We will send a license agreement for your signature. Once you have them made then you have to abide by the actual cost when you sell the logos or give them away at no charge. If these terms suit you then lets go forward.""

His selling prices on Ebay violate all of the above.

13. Benson X

Benson X Member

I feel like an assh*le now - I ordered one of those stickers.
    [​IMG]

14. Mike Perrin

Now worries. You had no way to know. But it would be funny if you contacted him and asked for your money back saying you found out that he had violated his agreement with us :) Mike

CooterJohnson and Benson X like this.
  15. Benson X

Benson X Member

I tried, and received this response:

"Unfortunately, the seller can't cancel this order. If the seller accept returns, you can return this order after you receive it."

Strigidae likes this.