Evil Black Rifles

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Dennis Adams, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

It's a Spike's 5.56 w/ govt profile barrel, MRO Patrol on a LaRue QD mount, Inforce WMLx, and Magpul CTR stock. Other than that I swapped out the Magpul grip that Spike's uses for their builds. I like the BCM Mod 2 over the Magpul for several reasons. Oh, and the sling is from Blue Force Gear and it's the bees knees IMO.

2. Ossian

Ossian Member

I hear spikes barrels are good. Agreed on the blue force gear slings. I just picked up a stripped lower last week for a spare. It already has some parts in it, I guess it won’t be a spare for long.

Kaw-liga likes this.
  3. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

I don't think you need to be told, but post some pics when you get it done. :D

4. Ossian

Ossian Member

It will be a while before it’s done. I did pick up a Magpul k2 + grip last night. I like the rubberized grip, not sure about the reduced angle yet. I’ll have to get an upper on it and see if it is an improvement.

Kaw-liga likes this.
  5. Ossian

Ossian Member

B463480C-6D36-471A-BC3E-FEB36FEB63CF.jpeg EF9AB6FB-001E-4D0C-950D-E4F2C771EB43.jpeg 10A66D08-6943-451C-8878-0DE1F40C5B00.jpeg

I thought I had two blue force gear slings. I must have forgotten what sling I had on my 5.56 when I ordered the blue force gear for the 6.8. The black one is a vtac sling. I was comparing them this morning. The vtac has a longer padded section that is more comfortable. I tend to notice the narrow part of the sling digging into the back of my ribs more during a long day hunting. The sling material is thicker on the bfg, the vtac has thinner material that is almost slick. Adjustments are faster with the vtac with the thinner material and metal quick release buckle. The bfg seems to be a shorter sling, so it ends up having a cleaner look with less sling tails to get caught on things. That could probably be remedied by trimming the excess and some ranger bands.
    I took some pics to compare the two, the slings are too long to get in one frame when they are laid out straight but I hope you can get an idea of their differences. I’m not sure which one is the better sling. I do prefer the longer padded section on the vtac, it’s going to get moved to the 6.8 since it’s a heavier set up and gets carried for hunting.
    I’m interested in seeing the other sling options and opinions the forum members have. I’m always interested in trying new USA made gear.

6. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

I've been interested I the vtac as well. I think the padded version would suit my 20" ar10 nicely.

On the note of USA made slings, I did receive a Specter Gear sling for my 870 Police Mag just yesterday. I have a defensive shotgun course in early August and I'd imagine I'll have a better idea how well I like it afterwards.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  7. Ossian

Ossian Member

I checked out the spectre gear slings. It’s a nice option that you can pick what shotgun/stock combo you have. Decent pricing too. I need a sling and sling mount for my mossberg.

The Marsh Gorilla and Kaw-liga like this.
  8. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Kaw-liga likes this.
  9. Ossian

Ossian Member

Those are pretty slick.

Jtallen83 likes this.
  10. Ossian

Ossian Member

0C3C5FCB-AC59-4C17-B05E-F6AD690E85AC.jpeg 557EF281-1BF8-4349-B7D3-E6B68B6F35ED.jpeg
    Painted my dad’s pump ak. Lowes had krylon camo green. It’s the closest I’ve found to od green so far.

11. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

20221101_182652-01.jpeg
    Oh happy day! My form 4 finally received approval. Here it is mounted to a 9mm from PSA. I was hoping that 147 gr. rounds would stay under sonic velocity but they don't out of this barrel. :( It is nice and quiet on my FNX-45 Tactical though. :)

12. Ossian

Ossian Member

Outstanding! Must be the obsidian 45.

The Marsh Gorilla and Kaw-liga like this.
  13. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

Indeed it is. Great eye!

14. Ossian

Ossian Member

15. T.A.

T.A. Member

Nice!!
    I’d totally put that rifle down and lose it. If I ever decided to rattle can my rifle it would have to be blaze orange lol. The scenery in some of you guys pic makes me jealous.
    South Louisiana in the winter is just plain nasty.

16. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

Boy that’s no sheeit, especially this high 70’s low 80’s crap we’ve been getting lately.

Zeek likes this.
  17. Ossian

Ossian Member

I was whitetail hunting and saw nothing but mule deer. I guess that’s why it’s hunting and not shooting. I figured I’d take a glamour shot of the 6.8 in the sunflower field.

The Marsh Gorilla and T.A. like this.
  18. Ossian

Ossian Member

E4595B85-EAF5-4C71-86E7-63A2912B1C7F.jpeg
    A build in progress. I got decided to paint it thanksgiving weekend. Krylon od green and aervoe field drab. It’s too dark but that will get remedied sooner or later when the rifle is complete.

19. Rich275

Rich275 Member

[​IMG]
    Washington State is about to enact one of the country's most restrictive weapon's bans and there's a lot of panic buying. I put this together from a trade for the Aero Precision lower with a buddy and a package deal from Incline Defense for the AP 14.5" middy and the remaining LPK and buffer kit.
    Probably going to go with a 1-6 LPVO or just a red dot and 3x magnifier.

Strigidae, Kevin and Jtallen83 like this.
  20. Frigin

Frigin Member

Well that sucks. What the law they are passing?
    We can’t but them anymore. But we can still buy a lower and it’s not a firearm. Then I can” build my own upper” because in every state you can still build any firearm you want and it’s 100% legal!