Bicycles , More Bicycles And All Things Bicycles

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 17, 2016.

?

Do you own a Bicycle? If Yes what kind? Select all that apply.

1. Yes

67.7%
  2. No

6.1%
  3. Mountain

77.8%
  4. Racing

25.3%
  5. Recumbent

1.0%
  6. Cruiser

14.1%
  7. Unicycle

3.0%
  8. Other

26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

You better be riding like a hooligan with your seat that low! @ManOfSteel

2. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

It's like a supermoto with no motor ;)

3. Baldcutnut

Baldcutnut Member

4. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Thanks man. Im so glad I took the plunge

5. Colton

Colton Member

Me in the blue George Garner kit and yellow helmet
    [​IMG]

Most guys ran over this obstacle, you get a lot of cheering if you ride or jump over obstacles like this
    [​IMG]

6. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Did 7 miles at 6 Mile Run in Franklin Township, NJ today. Felt awesome to get it broke in with my buddy. Unfortunately I snapped the chain at the end of the first mile and had to walk the bike out. The fortunate part is that the shop that sold it to me was 3 miles away and they stayed open to wait for me and they fixed it for free.

IMG_2013.JPG IMG_2015.JPG

Standard78 and Wolfman Zack like this.
  7. Bobo03

Bobo03 Member

Nice. I've been thinking about getting a cross bike. Just not sure if I would have the time to do events. My road bike is sitting in the closet collecting dust....

8. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Snapped a chain on yesterday's ride.. Messed up the derailleur on today's.

9. NoRest

NoRest Member

Looking to put some new brakes on my Specialized Epic Marathon. Anyone got any ideas for some hydraulic disc brakes that hold up good. Ive had experience with Avid but thats about it.

10. james gormley

james gormley Member

For $3000 i would take that pos back to the shop i bought it from, and throw it thru their front window

11. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I certainly won't be smiling when I walk in there this afternoon. I jumped a log yesterday and it wasn't exactly a clean landing. Now it's acting funny.

12. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

They took the bike for the night and will be fixing it tonight/tomorrow morning. They said whatever needs to be fixed or adjusted will be under warranty and they are doing the tubeless conversion for 20 bucks. Will be ready in the morning when I go for my ride after I vote.

dhunley1 and JMJ like this.
  13. Colton

Colton Member

It has been my best bike purchase to date. I am not that great at the racing part of it but being able to ride road, gravel and single track all in the same ride is pretty sweet.

Simple, cheap and still good? Shimano, any of them. If you want a little better then get Shimano Deore

14. NoRest

NoRest Member

Ive been looking at some shimano XT's but thought I should look at all my options first. Also eyeing some SRAM Level's.

15. Colton

Colton Member

First off... I'm a sram fan, go america!

Second.... sram/avid brakes have sucked i have some levels right now that are good but haven't had them long so we'll see.

If you need brakes that you can trust right now, shimano xt with icetech rotors

16. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Had an awesome ride this past weekend. Went to Port Huron and rode the Lake Huron shoreline. I'm guessing 10 miles or so, total. I've never had that much fun on a bike.

ManOfSteel likes this.
  17. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Nice @dhunley1. I wish @Bcamos didn't just sell his bike so I could have an excuse to bring mine with me to NC this weekend. I haven't been on mine since the end of last week and I'm itching to ride. Unfortunately I'm on 10hr days at work until I leave and can't bring myself to trail ride at night.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Bcamos and dhunley1 like this.
  18. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Kind of ironic that you mention that @ManOfSteel. My aunt just moved back down to Wilmington NC and I'm supposed to go down there to visit in a couple weeks, and was planning on bringing my bike.

19. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

My grandma lives in Wilmington and my dad is in Sneads Ferry. I love it there just no work for me.

dhunley1 likes this.
  20. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

How about some real old school bicycles.

1930 Hartford Camelback, yes those are real wood wheels. Spent over 3 years searching for parts to put this one back together including finding all the original accessories. Everything is period correct and was as shown on an original photo of the bike exactly like the original owner had it back in the 30's. It was a total nasty basket case when I got the frame, fenders, sprocket, and handlebars. Everything else had to be researched & located thus a very long restoration but paint is all original. Took almost 3 years to find the correct matching red saddle for the bike, that was the last piece I had to locate. Fun bike to ride occassionally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1961 Huffy Eldorado turned custom beach cruiser. This goes to the beach with me every year. Built with a new Shimano Nexus 3 speed just for easy cruising. This is my regular rider when I find time or the energy.

[​IMG]

Also have a 1927 Stutz Motorbike & a 1915 Sears Chief in the basement ready to be restored after I retire. Both are wood wheeled bikes. Used to be big time into antique bikes over on the CABE (Classic and Antique Bike Exchange).

dhunley1 likes this.