Photos Of Other Knives!

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by The Warrior, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

Haha love that!

I have a few.. few dozen.. maybe more.
    My favorite 3 on a higher ish end is my spyderco endura 4 and manix 2. Then my benchmade 943.. all 3 are amazing knifes.
    My favorite cheaper end is kershaw blur. They are tanks and do what they're supposed to. Kinda a pain to sharpen the recurve blade if your not used to them.

By far my favorite folder manufacturer is Spyderco though. Never had an issue from them. Great knives

Bozho and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  2. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

Man you sound like me when I was on the old jungletraining forum and at the beginning of this forum. I think I went 4 or 5 years maybe longer without owning a nice folder cause I had lost 3 Benchmades, a Spyderco Delica, and a CRKT M16 cause of pocket clips catching on things and I never realized the knives were gone. I just rotated between an Esee 3, Izula and a laserstrike for edc until @Emac offered me a deal on my Benchmade Adamas that I couldn’t pass up. I traded into the Contego a couple years later then bought the waved Endura mainly cause I wanted another wave feature knife and it had a Glock disassembly tool built into the back spacer. I still prefer carrying a fixed blade though to be completely honest.

Bozho likes this.
  3. Bozho

Bozho Member

The Glock tool Endura is a nice one.
    To be honest I have pretty much been disappointed with most folders I had - including an older Lone Wolf, Al Mar Sere 2000, Spyderco Military, a dozen of Cold Steels. All except the triad locks were very weak (might have had bad ones, who knows), but the CS have the stupid decision of having steel screws into aluminium backspacers, which ended up into some stripped threads.
    I was happy with two Griptilians, but lost them. They were a bit small though.
    I really don't know what to get, probably a PM2 or a Manix XL.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  4. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

I carry my waved Endura a lot cause I work around saltwater a fair bit with my job, but if I were to only keep one of my folders it’d be my Benchmade Adamas. It’s a tank of a folder and has some damn solid lock up.

Zeek and Bozho like this.
  5. Bozho

Bozho Member

Corrosion resistance is a must for me, for a folder, as I sweat a lot in the Summer (it's very hot here) and carry a folder on my gym shorts while training, so it's in a very salty environment :D The waved Endura looks just like what I want for the summer, but I also want something stouter for general carry. PM2 and an Endura Wave would be a good combo for all occasions, all year round.
    Just need to break myself into giving $ for a non-fixed knife :D

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  6. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

Careful there though the pm2 doesn't have near the tip strength the manix or manix xl has. Ask me how I know.... zip tie got the best of mine recently. Had to reshape it... I'm probably gonna sell it off now and get a new 1 20220121_120725.jpg 20220122_111400.jpg

KnOeFz, Bluelew, FTG-05 and 4 others like this.
  7. Bozho

Bozho Member

I know, I had a Millie. Great blade, but weak lock. Since I got my first LM years ago, I haven't cut zip ties with a knife. The LM serrated blade is a monster for this.

I was under the impression that the Manix also has a delicate tip, perhaps its width makes it stronger.

Your PM2 looks a bit like a Caly now, I like it. Too bad it has lost some blade length.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    sv4 and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  8. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

I believe it to be stronger.. alot of the guys on the spyderco forum feel the same. None of them are as tuff as an izzy 2 tho. I generally carry a nice folder and my izzy for the get crap done knife. My manix 2 was a little more expensive also because it was a dealer exclusive with m390 steel.. I'm pretty careful with it lol 20220127_034616.jpg

9. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

It hasn't lost to much. About 1/8th at a guess.
    If your interested in my pm2 I'm up for trades on it, I'm gonna get another in a different steel:)

The Marsh Gorilla and Bozho like this.
  10. Bozho

Bozho Member

If we lived on the same continent I would be :D
    Importing anything from the US has become a bit of a chore (taxes, taxes, taxes).

11. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

I didnt even think of your location, my apologies!

12. Bozho

Bozho Member

No worries, the regular PM2 is around 220$ here :eek:

13. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

14. sv4

sv4 Member

That’s a nicely done repair job for that PM2’s busted tip.

The Marsh Gorilla and Bustedaw11 like this.
  15. sv4

sv4 Member

That’s even more expensive than the price where I am. Last I checked it was around USD180-190 here..

16. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

Thank you! I may go back and straighten it.. I loved the straight spine pointy tip and since I did that I havnt carried it even once. That knife aggravates me every time I look at it. I should just sell it lol.

The Marsh Gorilla and sv4 like this.
  17. FTG-05

FTG-05 Member

Part of my modest collection.

From Left to Right: Cold Steel SRK, Becker Crewman in tan, CS R1 Classic Military, Gerber Prodigy, Blackjack 125, ESEE-3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sharp eyes will note the mod to the R1. MIA is my Katz SS Lion, Gerber LMF (stolen), Randal #5-5 (stolen), Cold Steel Survivalist, Old Hickory Hunting knife, Becker Necker and Esee-4.

Eli Buckley, KnOeFz, Bluelew and 2 others like this.
  18. Skip808

Skip808 Member

I’ve been using a Buck 722 Spitfire as an edc for about 4 years now. Costs about $40 and just works. I’m in your camp Of I like my fixed blades a lot more but don’t want to take an E4 with me walking in the park and go shopping. I’ll add some pictures when I get home.
    B763A477-7A2C-47FE-803D-91887CF7C169.jpeg
    photo added

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    KnOeFz, Strigidae, TerryD and 4 others like this.
  19. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Has anyone had any experience with the fox trekking bowie? I haven't gotten it yet, but wondering how good of a knife it is. 308515_308520.jpg

KnOeFz and Michael W. like this.
  20. FTG-05

FTG-05 Member

If you haven't figured it out yet, I despise Cold Steel knives! ;)

My latest acquisitions, MIA is the Drop Forged Boot Knife that USPS says is in my mailbox as we speak.

[​IMG]