Hobbies, Collections, and Whatnots.

Discussion in 'EXPAT Knives®' started by Frankenstein, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I had 9 Crown Royal glasses total until today. Went back to the thrift store and found 8 more. For 25¢-50¢ each, I couldn't pass them up. They go for $5 and up each on ebay, so it was a great deal. Two of these are supposed to be kind of rare, the Illinois crown royal glasses. 20211214_155945.jpg 20211214_160509.jpg

RocketmanDane, otis and Strigidae like this.
  2. otis

otis Member

haha every year for a few I bought the crown gift sets. still have some of those tumblers somewhere.

RocketmanDane and Drew RedBear like this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

There's a few I got I never knew existed, so definitely had to pick them up. Only two are from a gift set I got this year.

RocketmanDane and otis like this.
  4. otis

otis Member

it's been probably 16-17 years since i've bought them. i don't drink near as much as I'd like to anymore haha.

got a few bottles of mead to try out though.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  5. Bozho

Bozho Member

Is the Crown Royal good? I see we have it here, looks like a Royal Salute with the plush bag, but at 1/5 of the price.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  6. otis

otis Member

I can't drink it anymore because 3 day hangover, but it's pretty much the canadian whiskey or something.

Drew RedBear and Bozho like this.
  7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I'm not much of a drinker either, especially since I'm not supposed to cause of the diabetes. But I'll have one drink a night here and there. There's so many new things to try and at my age I figure why not lol.
    Never had mead, at least not yet. But it's in the plans haha.

I'm not much of a whiskey drinker but it's good and to me worth the price, especially the crown apple. Fix it with some ginger ale and good to go.
    My drink of choice is tequila though. Patrón silver to be specific. I like Cuervo gold, 1800 and traditional also.

Bozho likes this.
  8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Another thing I've started to collect.. The first pic is one that was stolen by a family member so I wanted to replace it. The others were a great deal and/or seriously cool looking, like the last one, imo. Still waiting on two to arrive and have 2 of the third one, which I had forgotten was in storage. Screenshot_20211220-131504_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20211220-131531_eBay.jpg 20211220_131437.jpg s-l400.jpg

Strigidae likes this.