Gear Deals - On Sale Now

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by jbs121s, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Benson X

Benson X Member

2. Giungla

Giungla Member

If those knives end up checking out does that 50% off coupon still work?

3. Paynefree

Paynefree Member

4. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

5. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

HERE WE GO GUYS!

Well, they ended up shipping the single 0620 instead of refunding. I am still waiting on the other 0620 and Recon 1, but I have tracking and suspect it will be delivered either today or tomorrow. In the mean time, I feel that I can confidently say that this 0620 is legit. it's really, really nice. Smooth. Perfect blade centering. Has the slight belly to the forward edge. All seems to look right. I've cancelled my dispute and I may even place another order.

EDIT: I will note that serial number on this is "Ser:" instead of "SER" indicated by the image that was posted, however I went to look at all of the YouTube reviews of this knife and they are all the same "Ser:" format. So I think it's safe to say that it's legit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Benson X likes this.
  6. Benson X

Benson X Member

^^^Hell yes - thank for the update! That does look like a legit 0620, curved tanto tip and all!

Can't wait to get my order now - basically the exact same thing(s) you got :D

Uncle Malice likes this.
  7. chorpie

chorpie Member

Blue Force Gear is offering 15% off until 11/10/2016
    coupon code: OCT15

8. The Warrior

The Warrior Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  9. Giungla

Giungla Member

Congrats! You rolled the dice and got a heck of a deal! Is that coupon still valid?

10. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

Yes, it looks like it is. I'm currently working with a couple of guys at work that want to go in on a good sized order for some Christmas gifts. haha.

11. Giungla

Giungla Member

I'll probably buy a Recon.

12. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

Got the Recon 1 today. Pretty cool. My first Cold Steel. Initial observations is that the G10 is SUPER aggressive as reviews have stated. I like it. May or may not hit it with sandpaper to tone it down. No biggie though. I'd rather have it be too much, than not enough. Blade centering is perfect. CTS-XHP is cool and it's hair popping sharp. As all of the other reviews have stated, the sharpening of the blade doesn't quite make it to the sharpening choil which is dumb. But there's plenty of blade that it's not a big deal. Whatever. For $33, I'm super happy with it.

This one showed up with JUST the Recon 1. And the shipping envelope was only large enough for the recon 1 box anyways. I took photos and sent them over to our guy and let him know. I told him no biggie, I'm sure it was all part of the confusion with the dispute/cancellation/whatever.... he replied virtually immediately and said he would look into it ASAP and get the other one sent out. Will let you know how that pans out but I'm feeling pretty comfortable at this point. Just an honest mistake.

[​IMG]

13. Giungla

Giungla Member

Looks like his site is down when you try to check out.

14. jbs121s

jbs121s Member

I finally emailed him last night and he was quick to reply. Basically same story as Uncle Malice, he's a small company, he got bombarded with orders and my order would ship soon. Also offered a refund if I wished.....this was through several emails so he isn't blowing it off....
    I have a few ZT's ordered....must take China a while to change tooling to get different serial numbers

15. Heresay1

Heresay1 Member

Website says the Recon 1 is Aus 8. Did it say Aus 8 when you ordered it?

16. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

Yeah. I was pretty surprised that I got the XHP version. I'm honestly more impressed with the Recon 1 than I am with the ZT. That's not to say the Recon 1 is a better knife - it's not. But I've had lots of ZT's and I know the quality level I expected. It definitely matched my expectations and I'm really happy with it. Too many ZT's lately have been going for that overly elegant, ornate, fancy look and function has suffered as a result. I prefer the original no nonsense, hard use ZT knives. My 0301 is still one of their best knives. Build quality is excellent. The 0620 follows a similar principle without being quite as large or heavy. It's s real winner.

Now with the Recon 1, everyone sings it's praises, but my opinion was that it was probability decent "for a Taiwanese knife. " I've been really impressed with it. The are a couple of minor problems, but for the money. . . It's a colossal win. After spending all night with it, I think I'm going to order some of these for gifts. At $33 it's an absolute steal.

17. Slade

Slade Member

Well, I'm late to the party. Just picked up the ZT 0620 and the Recon 1. Would love to get the XHP model, but its whatever I suppose. Coupon is still active. Payment is no longer through PayPal. I would rather try to resolve an issue through a bank card or credit card anyway. Only time will tell if I start to have random unauthorized charges to my CC. I will know immediately due to text notifications and can stop it after one transaction anyway.

18. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

The new Bark Camp from Battle Horse Knives...

[​IMG]

19. Benson X

Benson X Member

So... I posted this in the "Recent Purchases" thread, because I was excited for the deal I got on it (used for $200). Anyway, now I am browsing around for accessories to go with it: spare batteries, filters, hood etc. and I stumbled on this advert on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Alpha-...1707181046?hash=item2ef6af53f6:i:201707181046

Now, initially I thought it was $11.00 for the cheesy accessory bundle, but from what I can tell - this is the WHOLE PACKAGE (Camera + Lens) for $11.00?!?! :eek:

Everything I read on here says all that crap is included, and they've sold over 20 in the last hour. I went ahead and bought a bundle myself to see what will happen, and it shows they have (4) left.

If it turns out to be misprint, or error in the pricing - I'm sure the order will get cancelled and I'll be refunded - BUT- on the off-chance it goes though, then I'll have a new $500 Camera Kit for $11!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Slade likes this.
  20. Slade

Slade Member

Well, while that is obviously a pricing error, beach camera is huge. I've bought all kinds of stuff from them. Slight chance it will go through, but I'll take that chance!

chorpie and Benson X like this.